ozzult

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2002
P-Town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
He is easily the most important player in our side I reckon. The work he does as a link man on the wing and also popping up down back and up forward to take strong marks, makes him our most important player.

His extreme athletic ability (he is considered the fittest player on the list) makes him hard to match up on, as not many players of his build, have his aerobic capacity.

Embley is a super important player in our team. A matchwinner.

Look at the Australian Test team, matchwinners from 1 to 11. If we want to be successful we need more matchwinners. Look at the Lions, they have Voss, Brown, Aker, Lynch, Black and Lappin, who can all grab the game by the scruff of the neck and change it. We need more of those players.

Embley, Gardiner, Fletcher, Judd, Cousins, Matera, Sampi, Chick, Wirrapunda... I think we have the best match-winners in the competition. We just have too many match-losers at the moment so we get exposed badly if only half our match-winners are playing.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
No its Gardiner.
He is your side.
Without him your not half the side and your midfielders dont look anywhere near as good.
He makes or breaks your side.

Well we really havent been any good since that Port game when he went down with that injury! You may be right!

Who would've thought it would have got to this?

I agree with Sabre.

The fact is our entire game plan revolves around backing our midfield to get more of the ball and be more damaging with the ball than the opposition. Starts and ends with Gardy.

Embley is now a great player and it's been proven that he, along with Fletch and Gardy can't easily be replaced. Same could be said for Milli and like Embers it doesn't make him our best player.

Hope we get them back soon :(

Gardniner IMO is our most important player, because he has been our best performed player, and is playing the most important position on the field.

Some may view Embley as our Most important, however, but I'd more see him as our most irreplacable player.

Sounds a bit odd because naturally you'd cosinder the most irreplacable player to be the most important, but not quite in the Eagles case.

Embley is our most irreplacable, because without Gardiner, we have Cox who can do a reasonable job, albeit not quite as good as Gardy. Without Fletcher, Cousins, Judd or Kerr (as long as only one of them is out) we have plenty of other guys who can step into the midfield.

But without Embley, we don't have anyone who can step in and play the linking role he plays between CHB and CHF, contesting very well at ground level, and equally as good in the air. There just aren't many 190cm wingman/midfielders around......

Originally posted by Black Thunder
Gardniner IMO is our most important player, because he has been our best performed player, and is playing the most important position on the field.

Some may view Embley as our Most important, however, but I'd more see him as our most irreplacable player.

Sounds a bit odd because naturally you'd cosinder the most irreplacable player to be the most important, but not quite in the Eagles case.

Embley is our most irreplacable, because without Gardiner, we have Cox who can do a reasonable job, albeit not quite as good as Gardy. Without Fletcher, Cousins, Judd or Kerr (as long as only one of them is out) we have plenty of other guys who can step into the midfield.

But without Embley, we don't have anyone who can step in and play the linking role he plays between CHB and CHF, contesting very well at ground level, and equally as good in the air. There just aren't many 190cm wingman/midfielders around......

...although Jones has done pretty well in the last 2 games to cover for Embley because of his strength overhead.......

Originally posted by sabre_ac
No its Gardiner.
He is your side.
Without him your not half the side and your midfielders dont look anywhere near as good.
He makes or breaks your side.

For once I agree with you Sabre.

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
...although Jones has done pretty well in the last 2 games to cover for Embley because of his strength overhead.......
Jones has been doing well, but he hasn't performed as well as Embley would.

Our team would look a lot better with Jones hanging around half forward, rather than roaming from half back to half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think both of them are equally important and we are certainly a much better side with them... embers is great coz hes a pretty versitile player and is a strong overhead mark. He took some great grabs against Carlton...

True, but its infintely better to have two players who can perform like that than one, and Embley is a better kick.

I'm with Ozz on this, I think Embley is the most important player in our team at the moment because he provides a match up nightmare. If you attempt to match him, there's a reasonable chance he'll win, and someone like Jones will also run loose, wheras should you tag Jones and let Embley run loose, he's a matchwinner on his own.

I think one of the best things in our full-strength side is having Embley and Jones as runners who can both take a mark (if only Jonesy could kick!), and most teams can cover maybe one of that sort.

yea I'll agree with you that he has done OK, but really nothing more than that.......And even then we have no one who can fill Jones' void in the forward line...

gardiner is our most important player,embley is important to our structure but not our most important.

Gardiner is our most important player IMO and by a fair way. I think a lot of people underestimate Cousins impact on our side aswell. Not only is he our leader and captain he also takes the very best tagger each and every game and usually beats them. Without him it's a domino effect. Suddenly Fletch, Judd or Kerr has the best tagger, which in turn get's tagged out of the game. I still dont believe any of those 3 are good enough to shake tags consistently like captain courageous does.

Now you all know Im a bit Cuz fan but IMO if he went down for 4 or 5 weeks like Gardy has, I think you would see a completely changed side.

But Gardy is our most important and influential player, followed by Cousins then perhaps Embley or Wirra. Judd will be in a few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back