Society/Culture Ending the centralisation of corporate power increasingly undermining government and culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, just for my own clarity...

Your position is that either increasing Welfare, or increasing Political wage... wouldn't have any negative view, especially if they were linked???

I think there would be a risk of politicians making it political if they were in charge of their own salary but I believe the pay for politicians is decided by an independent panel - so it would be more likely to mean the welfare isn't left behind when politicians get their CPI increase.

The whole thing should be out of their hands.

I think there would be a risk of politicians making it political if they were in charge of their own salary but I believe the pay for politicians is decided by an independent panel - so it would be more likely to mean the welfare isn't left behind when politicians get their CPI increase.

The whole thing should be out of their hands.
OK, so who should decide the income for politicians and by proxy, the minimum living income for Welfare recipients across all areas of Australia???

zeggie, if this is a callout thread I'm going to need some justification for it to stay open. The thread title is interesting, but without an OP to centre the discussion there's nothing to go on.
You can kill it. I proved my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back