English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Jatz

Really keen to get your thoughts on this one.

News this morning is that Nigel Pearson has been sacked by Leicester.

Must say that came as a huge surprise to me given the team's efforts late last season to stay afloat.
Wasn't for anything football related. He had a problem with us firing his racist, s**t stain of a son.

Due to that, I've no problem with the sacking. Fighting racism is far bigger than football.

Leaves us behind the 8 ball now but I'm confident we'll be ok. And I'd rather be relegated than have racists on our books.

United have signed Matteo Darmian and have also reached an agreement with Bayern to bring Schweinsteiger across.

He may be old and injury prone but Schweiny is a brute of a midfielder and I think he will prove to be a wonderful addition to our squad.

Reports suggesting we have now ramped up our interest in Gareth Bale. Can't see it happening....but he'd be a huge acquisition.

CJzilMoWwAAdfXM.jpg:large

Wasn't my first choice but I'll back him in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They only get 35 mil guaranteed from that.

QPR get 9.8 million. The rest is dependent on trophies and other performance clauses.

I know that, but my original comment still stands.

35 million is still an obscene amount of money for a young player who has had one good season.

Whether Sterling reaches his potential at Man City remains to be seen. I am sure in an ideal world Liverpool would have loved to keep him, but that offer is simply too good to turn down. Reinvest wisely in their squad and Liverpool could be infinitely better off for it.

They've already arguably replaced him with a better player in Firmino.

I know that, but my original comment still stands.

35 million is still an obscene amount of money for a young player who has had one good season.

Whether Sterling reaches his potential at Man City remains to be seen. I am sure in an ideal world Liverpool would have loved to keep him, but that offer is simply too good to turn down. Reinvest wisely in their squad and Liverpool could be infinitely better off for it.

They've already arguably replaced him with a better player in Firmino.
35 million is actually spot on tbh. He's young, English and could very well become a 10 year player for City.

I personally see it as win/win for all concerned.

I've just read in the Hartlepool Mail that Sunderland has signed Younes Kaboul from Spurs for £3 million. With Coates from Liverpool (on loan last season and didn't play until end) and Adam Matthews from Celtic three new defenders on the books.
image.jpg
Sunderland must have a decent overdraft this year. Spending like men with no arms.