English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge mistake for United (not necessarily their fault though). They've just lost a massive payday for a keeper that's about to run out of contract.

Not an ideal situation but it doesn't bother me too much.

Missing out on 29 million pounds is largely inconsequential for a club as big as United.

Navas of course would have been a welcome addition with DDG going the other way but now, as well as DDG, we've still got Romero, Johnstone and even Valdes at the club.

DDG will leave at the end of his contract, and we'll buy someone to replace him when the time comes.

Typical United.

They'll be fine but bless their souls that European football is all about $$$ without a cap.

Sunderland completed its last big signing for the summer. DeAndre Yedlin, defender, U.S. International and bench warmer for Spurs, joins the Black Cats on loan for the season. I've looked at his images and he has a certain flair when it comes to hair styles. At least he'll look the part. Glad to help Spurs with its wages bill.:confused:

Disappointing result for Sunderland losing 1-0 to Tottenham. The team played well and had the better of the match until Mason's goal at 82 minutes. The first half pass that set up Defoe was a pearler. Unfortunately the goal keeper was beaten but not the woodwork. 85th minute curling strike by Rodwell had the keeper beaten but the bloody woodwork rattled again. This 11 looks really solid with the addition of Kaboul, Lens, M'Vila and Borini. Off to Bournemouth next game.

Well and truly a game of two halves on the weekend between United and Liverpool.

Terribly boring first half with neither side creating anything of note. Fell asleep on the couch and watched the 2nd half when I woke up....thought it was a different match, such was the disparity in quality.

Four goals in the second half....all of very good quality.

Benteke has put a very early entry in for goal of the season and it will take something quite special to beat that. Brilliant goal.

Martial.....well, what a way to introduce yourself to Old Trafford. May have been a little lucky, but that was pretty special too.

HBF did you watch the game?

Sunderland rolled 2-0 at Bournemouth. Another slow start. 2 down after 8 minutes. The second was a cracker and will be one of the goals of the season. Sunderland had good patches before and after half time. Lens scored with a nice header which was ruled offside. Pretty ordinary decision by linesman. At 75 minutes Kaboul copped a second yellow. O'Shea missed today. Replaced by Coates. Back four played like the Leicester and Norwich matches. Three seasons running and not a win in first six matches. Next two games against City and United. Good luck boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many dumplings for dinner last night knocked me out.
What the hell is going on at Liverpool?
Is it as simple as we just don't have the players.
Kind of. The players are alright but the system Rodgers has them in isn't working.

I'm not sure you bought particularly well though. I know he scored last night but Ings isn't the quality Liverpool should be signing.

I think BR needs to be moved on for you to go forward.

Kind of. The players are alright but the system Rodgers has them in isn't working.

I'm not sure you bought particularly well though. I know he scored last night but Ings isn't the quality Liverpool should be signing.

I think BR needs to be moved on for you to go forward.

There was some speculation that BR would be moved on during the off season.
Pretty happy I didn't stay up and watch that last night.