English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be unbelievable. I would have to pinch myself several time over. I still think we're no chance but top 4 is certainly possible at this rate. Wouldn't be surprised if we even miss that though.
You're every chance to finish top mate. Have some confidence.

Suspect the bubble is about to burst for Leicester (sorry Jatz) and if/when the injuries start to mount up, than it could get really go belly. The Foxes don't have the resources or depth to match it with Citeh or Arsenal, the only two teams that look like being champions of England (didn't see the Gooners hammering at Southampton though, but sure as heck helps my mob)

As for Man U, my god they are tugrid. Possibly reaching Moyes level of ineptitude under LVG (and Moyes only spent like a quarter of the money that Van Gaal has on transfers) Hmm

Last game before the January transfer window.:)

Sunderland has pre sold 43000 tickets for its home game against Liverpool. You can't question the loyalty of the fans or can you? Sunderland has conceded early goals in a number of games this season but what can you do when you're a hundred of miles from home. If they do it this match I'm predicting an empty stadium by half time. I love the English ritual of voting with your feet.

Prediction Sunderland 0 Liverpool 0

Sunderland 3 - Aston Villa 1.

I struggled to stay the distance and managed to miss Sunderland's first goal which was a long range shot deflected into the net by a Villa player. All was going to plan when some little bloke with a short name scored for Villa. I thought here we go again. Enter Defoe with a little piece of magic on the left peg. Defoe made it a double when he struck with the other peg a few minutes later.

I'm not sure that this result will mean a great deal for either team. 19th and 20th is about right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swansea 2 Sunderland 4

I missed the first 25 minutes and it was 1 all when I turned it on. Eventful day. Match Referee pulled out and replacement had 4 games experience at this level. He proceeded to give Swansea a dodgy penalty and then followed with a Swansea red card just before halftime. The red card appeared a shocker. Ball bounced, both players with raised feet, Sunderland player does the usual rolling around like he's just been shot. Yellow card at best. Ayew scores within a minute of incident and Swansea go in with a 2-1 lead. Early second half, shot, deflection off Swansea and it's 2 all. Fifteen minutes later Defoe scores a double. Looked offside. Blame the Linesman this time. Defoe makes it a hat trick at 85 minutes. Offside? I don't think so this time but it's close. Defoe scored at 3 minutes. Guess what? Hint of offside. Football can be a funny game.:D

Sunderland has signed striker Dame 'Edna' Ndoye on loan for the remainder of the season. A journeyman who played in the EPL with Hull City. 15 appearances for five goals. Sunderland's signings in January remind me of my own search for value in the bargain basement at Myer Emporium in the eighties.

An early night. Hip, hip, hooray!

Spurs 4 Sunderland 1

A tough week for the Lads. Started with Arsenal in London, Swansea away and Spurs in London. Sunderland scored first (again) when Van An Holdt (sic) made a run down the left and beat the GK on his near post. The lead lasted 90 seconds when a Spurs shot made it into the back of the net off Cattermole (standing on the line) who should have kept it out. Spurs scored its second early in second half and the writing was on the wall. The third took a deflection off Kirchhoff (on for his first run) and scraped the upright on its way in. The fourth was a penalty from a clumsy effort by Kirchhoff on Danny Rose. The big German will hope for better days. A week's rest now before Bournemouth at the SOL.