Equivalent Grades

Remove this Banner Ad

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, sorry if its not

But I started playing footy again in the thirds this year. Looking to move into a more local league (EFL). Just wondering what would the skill/fitness equivalent of the thirds be?

Cheers

Hey guys,

But I started playing footy again in the thirds this year. Looking to move into a more local league (EFL). Just wondering what would the skill/fitness equivalent of the thirds be?

Cheers

I think you are missing the point Tim.

Ive known fitness fanatics playing in the same teams as 'night before drunks'. Sometimes the drunks still play better than the fit guys. In country leagues and in Lower grades, all types make a team.

To play for fun, you just have to fit in.

I think you are missing the point Tim.

Ive known fitness fanatics playing in the same teams as 'night before drunks'. Sometimes the drunks still play better than the fit guys. In country leagues and in Lower grades, all types make a team.

To play for fun, you just have to fit in.
Nah I completely understand all that mate. Just don't want to go and try and join a club and find out my skills/fitness isn't up to scratch and have to go out and find a new club. Would prefer to just find a club that I could fit in to start off

Hey guys,

Cheers
thirds is u/18 level footy. Try and look at getting into the seniors. So give it your best shot. Just play at your best each week and challenge yourself on the aspects of your own game that are weaknesses whether that's kicking, defending, running (especially if you play midfield). Try and mould your game on whoever your favourite melbourne player is and see if you can do what they do.

thirds is u/18 level footy. Try and look at getting into the seniors. So give it your best shot. Just play at your best each week and challenge yourself on the aspects of your own game that are weaknesses whether that's kicking, defending, running (especially if you play midfield). Try and mould your game on whoever your favourite melbourne player is and see if you can do what they do.
What divvy would you recommend attempting to start in?
Thinking Div 3 or 4 would be the best bet, that way I can work on skills and move up if i get good enough?

What divvy would you recommend attempting to start in?
Thinking Div 3 or 4 would be the best bet, that way I can work on skills and move up if i get good enough?
Yeah you could start in any of the divisions really. Try Division 4 first and see how you go and if your team is any good and you think you have done your best move up with them.

Yeah you could start in any of the divisions really. Try Division 4 first and see how you go and if your team is any good and you think you have done your best move up with them.
Cheers mate thanks.
Came back this year (im 26) after not playing since school so very rusty atm. So just didnt want to join a team and not be good enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back