Essendon District FL U/16's 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Sherrin4lyf

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hello everyone,

This is Sherrin4lyf and yes I am a Doutta Stars member, although I thought it would be great to make a thread on next years under 16's. Firstly I am totally unbiased. This is a thread for the whole age group and hopefully we can get some people from all around the league that can help give us some information on their club and how they will go in 2014.

2014 will be a rather interesting year as we will be introduced into the grading system.

I have noticed that Doutta's have already started their pre-season training and have a good handful of players. They started last Sunday, they trained yesterday morning and will also train this Sunday as well on Afton street footbridge, Maribyrnong River, before knocking off until Feb.

I'll also do a season preview at the start of next year, with a who to look out for and some predictions for divisions 1, 2 and 3. Together, we will also be looking out for the talent that this brilliant league can produce.

Great to be (almost) officially back.

G'day everyone I'm new to bigfooty,and I wandered across a thread that I've had some knowledge about!
I'm a keen Avondale heights supporter but completely unbiased!
Firstly great thread Sherrin lyf!
I've got some info off a mate from roxburgh park football club and he's told me the following about what's happening between them and craigieburn !
They have managed to snare a few recruits !
Houston,Sorrentino,Elliott,AmottCooke and possibly Lobosco.
He mentioned Elliott and Sorrentino in particular!

He started with Sorrentino,saying that he made the edfl and Calder squads,has kicked 70 goals in 2012!
And is a daunting opponent for any backman in the comp with speed and marking capabilities the kid is a excitement machine !
Elliott is 6'1 midfielder who flys under the radar !
He's a big boy and hard hitter he tells me very classy and composed a gun in his words!
He said that he will top 5 Mids in the comp if he gets his body and right as he often breaks down,only down side he said was his speed !
He said he hopes he can watch our gun from the heights George abboud go up against Elliott as he believes they will be the ones to watch in div 2 if grading goes to plan!
Sorry for harping on just thought I'd shed some light from a reliable source!
Not long to round 1!
Go heights !

G'day everyone I'm new to bigfooty,and I wandered across a thread that I've had some knowledge about!
I'm a keen Avondale heights supporter but completely unbiased!
Firstly great thread Sherrin lyf!
I've got some info off a mate from roxburgh park football club and he's told me the following about what's happening between them and craigieburn !
They have managed to snare a few recruits !
Houston,Sorrentino,Elliott,AmottCooke and possibly Lobosco.
He mentioned Elliott and Sorrentino in particular!

He started with Sorrentino,saying that he made the edfl and Calder squads,has kicked 70 goals in 2012!
And is a daunting opponent for any backman in the comp with speed and marking capabilities the kid is a excitement machine !
Elliott is 6'1 midfielder who flys under the radar !
He's a big boy and hard hitter he tells me very classy and composed a gun in his words!
He said that he will top 5 Mids in the comp if he gets his body and right as he often breaks down,only down side he said was his speed !
He said he hopes he can watch our gun from the heights George abboud go up against Elliott as he believes they will be the ones to watch in div 2 if grading goes to plan!
Sorry for harping on just thought I'd shed some light from a reliable source!
Not long to round 1!
Go heights !
Just been told that craigieburn u16s will be playing in div 2(on their Facebook page so I have been told) all their other sides will be div 1 . They have done this because a lot of the players were leaving because they think they were going to get beaten . What do people think of this & should the edfl let them??

Just been told that craigieburn u16s will be playing in div 2(on their Facebook page so I have been told) all their other sides will be div 1 . They have done this because a lot of the players were leaving because they think they were going to get beaten . What do people think of this & should the edfl let them??

If it means kids stay in the game, then the club should be applauded and supported for putting the kids first.

G'day fellas, the list that I have come up with is a very amateur one and I'll definitely need your guys help to expand this list.

Abers
16's: Harry Pound, Aaron Crabb, Jakob Shaw, Wilson Berry, Alex Barba
15's: Ben Smokrovic, Connor Tuan and Mitch Podhajski
APW
16's: James Tedesco and Matt Silvestro
15's: Thomas Muscat and Luke Merrett
AH
16's: Jackson Robb, Bradley Robb and Jacob Cutri
15's: Luke Gallo
C'burn
16's: Jack Boado, Corey Middleton, Jack Lobosco and Rickey Zwagerman
15: Aaron Vendramini
Douttas
16's: Frank Campisi, Brodie Meyers, Cooper Bond, Nicholas Zoccali, Joseph De Fazio and Aydin Sir
15's: Ben Caluzzi, Sebastian Kochary, Luke Palombo, John Roumeliotis and Chad Sir
Glenroy
16's: Joel Cauchi and Hayden Blythe
15's: Jedd Gibson and Reid Nilsson
G'vale
16's: Justin Condo, Cooper Smith, Marcus Michienzi and Patrick Baccari
Hadfield
15's: Reece Desira and Hyssam Khalil
Hillside
16's: Nicholas Giarizzo, Corey D'Lima, Dylan Knight
15's: Cameron Rayner and Matthew Galea
Keilor
16's: Daniel Venables, Michael Romero, Liam Bagaric, Ryan Bagaric, Ben McManus, Harrison Bult, James Koroneos, Robert Ahern and Michael Zhdanko
15's: Luke Hitch, Mohammed Moustafa, Riley Caines, Bailey Borg and David Tonkich
Marby
16's: George Abboud, Brodie Romensky, Jack Kaygisiz and Max Philpot
15's: Zain Neicho
Moonee Valley
16's: Jake Toa
15's: Luke Rotunno

Oak Park
16's: Ovie Macbegor and Christopher Drew
15's: Corey Littlewood

Pacco
16's: Jarrod Rodrigues
Roxy
16's: Tylar Sorrentino, Matthew Maccarone and Bradley Dimech
Strathmore
15's: Tom Markey
Taylors Lakes
16's: Jack Burns and Mason Mackay
West Coburg
16's: Josh Marino, Tristan Mancuso
15's: Matthew Borg, Anthony Daquino and Tom Jennings

Westy
16's: Michael Gatt, Max Davis and Sam Delaney
15's: Jordan Hollow
Big rumours that Marcus Michienzi has left to go to West Coburg to join Josh Mareno... Don't expect Greenvale U16 to be any good apart from Justin Condo leading the team along with Patrick Baccari.

G'day fellas, the list that I have come up with is a very amateur one and I'll definitely need your guys help to expand this list.

Abers
16's: Harry Pound, Aaron Crabb, Jakob Shaw, Wilson Berry, Alex Barba
15's: Ben Smokrovic, Connor Tuan and Mitch Podhajski
APW
16's: James Tedesco and Matt Silvestro
15's: Thomas Muscat and Luke Merrett
AH
16's: Jackson Robb, Bradley Robb and Jacob Cutri
15's: Luke Gallo
C'burn
16's: Jack Boado, Corey Middleton, Jack Lobosco and Rickey Zwagerman
15: Aaron Vendramini
Douttas
16's: Frank Campisi, Brodie Meyers, Cooper Bond, Nicholas Zoccali, Joseph De Fazio and Aydin Sir
15's: Ben Caluzzi, Sebastian Kochary, Luke Palombo, John Roumeliotis and Chad Sir
Glenroy
16's: Joel Cauchi and Hayden Blythe
15's: Jedd Gibson and Reid Nilsson
G'vale
16's: Justin Condo, Cooper Smith, Marcus Michienzi and Patrick Baccari
Hadfield
15's: Reece Desira and Hyssam Khalil
Hillside
16's: Nicholas Giarizzo, Corey D'Lima, Dylan Knight
15's: Cameron Rayner and Matthew Galea
Keilor
16's: Daniel Venables, Michael Romero, Liam Bagaric, Ryan Bagaric, Ben McManus, Harrison Bult, James Koroneos, Robert Ahern and Michael Zhdanko
15's: Luke Hitch, Mohammed Moustafa, Riley Caines, Bailey Borg and David Tonkich
Marby
16's: George Abboud, Brodie Romensky, Jack Kaygisiz and Max Philpot
15's: Zain Neicho
Moonee Valley
16's: Jake Toa
15's: Luke Rotunno

Oak Park
16's: Ovie Macbegor and Christopher Drew
15's: Corey Littlewood

Pacco
16's: Jarrod Rodrigues
Roxy
16's: Tylar Sorrentino, Matthew Maccarone and Bradley Dimech
Strathmore
15's: Tom Markey
Taylors Lakes
16's: Jack Burns and Mason Mackay
West Coburg
16's: Josh Marino, Tristan Mancuso
15's: Matthew Borg, Anthony Daquino and Tom Jennings

Westy
16's: Michael Gatt, Max Davis and Sam Delaney
15's: Jordan Hollow

That's a pretty extensive list. There are quite a few there that you have been rather generous with. I wont name them as I don't believe in saying negative things about kids. I will mention a few that you have probably overlooked. I think Brendan Canham from Strathmore and Adam Trovatello from West Coburg deserve a mention. Just want to mention also Connor Fry who is back at Douttas after a year in the Yarra Juniors league and a flag at Kew Comets. He is on the Calder Cannons U16 list and will be very handy this year.

Everyone here is looking past the Northern Saints. Watched them and i think a couple of kids deserve to make the rep squads.
Silvio Campanaro, Nathan and Jack Milne and Michael Hoare. All are just standouts and someone definetly needs to give the edfl an email or send a scout down to watch them. They are versing the Valley next week at the Valley. GET SOMEONE DOWN!

Everyone here is looking past the Northern Saints. Watched them and i think a couple of kids deserve to make the rep squads.
Silvio Campanaro, Nathan and Jack Milne and Michael Hoare. All are just standouts and someone definetly needs to give the edfl an email or send a scout down to watch them. They are versing the Valley next week at the Valley. GET SOMEONE DOWN!
In Under 15's and 16's all clubs are asked to send about three players to try out for the EDFL squads. In Under 16 they must be players that are NOT in development squads (Cannons, Jets etc). If these kids you mention deserve to be trying out then the club should have sent them along to training from the start. You might want to run that question past the coaches and administrators at NS. Having said that, though, if they perform, the rep coaches will invite them along after seeing them in home and away games.

In Under 15's and 16's all clubs are asked to send about three players to try out for the EDFL squads. In Under 16 they must be players that are NOT in development squads (Cannons, Jets etc). If these kids you mention deserve to be trying out then the club should have sent them along to training from the start. You might want to run that question past the coaches and administrators at NS. Having said that, though, if they perform, the rep coaches will invite them along after seeing them in home and away games.
3 players from all clubs is very unfair on the kids at strong div 1 sides.

3 players from all clubs is very unfair on the kids at strong div 1 sides.
Funny you'd say that because at under 15 rep training there are 12 kids from douttas trying out, and at under 16 level, there are 5 so the league is quite lenient with the stronger sides sending more than 3 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate, haven't heard of Michael Hoare or the Milne brothers, though Silvio is a very good player. I think that Liam Stacey is also a decent player. These types of club really need to pull their socks up and support their players by giving them pathways. I'm sure that their U/16's coach could ring someone from the Cannons or Knights to come down and watch a game or two, or the players themselves can ring up the 16's rep coach and he would be happy to give them advice or allow them to try out.

Funny you'd say that because at under 15 rep training there are 12 kids from douttas trying out, and at under 16 level, there are 5 so the league is quite lenient with the stronger sides sending more than 3 players.

15's are selected by the league now. Last year any player who played U15 Rep who wasn't in the Cannons or Jets was allowed to try out for the 16s as well as the 3 selected by the club.

why so many kids from Doutta Stars at the rep training? The kids are not that good, or are they?

why so many kids from Doutta Stars at the rep training? The kids are not that good, or are they?

They have some absolute guns. Bond, Campisi, Zoccali, Furnari, Digiglio, Costa, Fry, Meyers, Toa and others I can't remember.

Best of all is, Ben Caluzzi and he's bottom age, and he has already won a U16 A grade Premiership.

They have some absolute guns. Bond, Campisi, Zoccali, Furnari, Digiglio, Costa, Fry, Meyers, Toa and others I can't remember.

Best of all is, Ben Caluzzi and he's bottom age, and he has already won a U16 A grade Premiership.
Also factor in a few of these boys have started elsewhere and have come under notice representing E.k , O.p and the Valley to name a few
Great to get your kids into rep sides but it also can open their eyes / parents eyes to what else is out there
Boys have already been in the system so to speak and deserve to be invited along to train

Also factor in a few of these boys have started elsewhere and have come under notice representing E.k , O.p and the Valley to name a few
Great to get your kids into rep sides but it also can open their eyes / parents eyes to what else is out there
Boys have already been in the system so to speak and deserve to be invited along to train

The league is full of kids who started elsewhere.

Keilor and Douttas with a dozen kids a piece, gridlock between these two clubs in next years competition, I'd say

Whoops. Missed the bottom bit.

Yes, although Abers always produce good sides too.

Sorry mate, haven't heard of Michael Hoare or the Milne brothers, though Silvio is a very good player. I think that Liam Stacey is also a decent player. These types of club really need to pull their socks up and support their players by giving them pathways. I'm sure that their U/16's coach could ring someone from the Cannons or Knights to come down and watch a game or two, or the players themselves can ring up the 16's rep coach and he would be happy to give them advice or allow them to try out.
I have seen Liam Stacey play, although i get your point saying he's a decent player as he obviously has alot of skill but by god, the kid doesn't pass. One of the biggest hogs i have seen no joke. I see that this week the Sainters have Essendon Doutta stars, which will be a ripper of a game. Out of the list of players i told you, after seeing them against valley, Silvio and Nathan are classy as you can get. They play Silvio in the middle and he's that Nat Fyfe type of player, not afraid to go in for the hardball and a great mark. Also good on both sides of his body. He has also got that breakaway speed. Then Nathan, a half back flanker/on baller, I kid you not, one of the most skillful 15 or 16 year olds i have seen. He won't get you 30 touches a game but when he does get it, somethings gonna happen. The kid looks like a stick but he just oozes class. He will hit a target 99/100 times. I think they are numbers 9 and 7 respectively. Oh and nearly forgot to ask, are you in the Doutta Stars under 16s squad? if so what number? cheers

EDS v Keilor will be a must see game this weekend. I doubt we'll see a better game of junior footy.
Game starts at 1pm and definitely a high standard game even though both teams are missing key players due to other football committments.
I have seen Liam Stacey play, although i get your point saying he's a decent player as he obviously has alot of skill but by god, the kid doesn't pass. One of the biggest hogs i have seen no joke. I see that this week the Sainters have Essendon Doutta stars, which will be a ripper of a game. Out of the list of players i told you, after seeing them against valley, Silvio and Nathan are classy as you can get. They play Silvio in the middle and he's that Nat Fyfe type of player, not afraid to go in for the hardball and a great mark. Also good on both sides of his body. He has also got that breakaway speed. Then Nathan, a half back flanker/on baller, I kid you not, one of the most skillful 15 or 16 year olds i have seen. He won't get you 30 touches a game but when he does get it, somethings gonna happen. The kid looks like a stick but he just oozes class. He will hit a target 99/100 times. I think they are numbers 9 and 7 respectively. Oh and nearly forgot to ask, are you in the Doutta Stars under 16s squad? if so what number? cheers
No clue why Silvio and Nath aren't getting noticed. I wish I was that young, but my son does play :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back