VFL Essendon v Southport

Remove this Banner Ad

1/4 time
Us 2.3 them 2.4
Southport had the breeze.
Solid start.
Shiel 11 disposals . Lot more pressure and inside possessions this week.
Bryan going okay.
Weideman playing back. Look a different player in defence.
Caddy one goal.
Hayes very good.

1/4 time
Us 2.3 them 2.4
Southport had the breeze.
Solid start.
Shiel 11 disposals . Lot more pressure and inside possessions this week.
Bryan going okay.
Weideman playing back. Look a different player in defence.
Caddy one goal.
Hayes very good.
Purely my own opinion but it looks like Weideman has given up on ever making it back to the senior level and just checked out.

Purely my own opinion but it looks like Weideman has given up on ever making it back to the senior level and just checked out.
Still looks better in defence. If I was a stand alone VFL club I would the him for sure . Goes alright in defence at this level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The current VFL reminds me so much of what happened to the Sheffield Shield.

Players will always want to win but fundamentally they are now development leagues where no-one cares too much about the results. Not supporters, not media, not even clubs I don't reckon.

I might be old-school but I feel like learning to win when it counts is as important as learning to work on your skills.

In my fantasy the AFL would get all teams into a reserve grade comp across AFL & AFLW, (ditching the Southports and the Werribees) and then create a club championship which includes the reserves results.

Seniors points would count for twice the 2s points.

Giant trophy, massive prize money, and for 12 months in every major city, a paid billboard that announces you as the best club in the land.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back