Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were one of the players, especially a former one, surely you'd be seeing the Bombers in court asap? They have already admitted guilt, and been punished for it, Hird has "apologised" and the club allowed the players to defend themselves by arguing "the club don't know what they gave us", the tribunal slammed them over it. Sounds like a pretty easy payday to me...

If you were one of the players, especially a former one, surely you'd be seeing the Bombers in court asap? They have already admitted guilt, and been punished for it, Hird has "apologised" and the club allowed the players to defend themselves by arguing "the club don't know what they gave us", the tribunal slammed them over it. Sounds like a pretty easy payday to me...
It's always been payday, but mainly for the lawyers. The players could argue all sorts of things. Needled with unknown substances, no documentation, so unknown future risk causing pain and suffering, any medical illness in the future could be considered a result of this. Lots of legal approaches possible after an such an assault. Added: From the age - Hal Hunters lawyer talks http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ts-case-against-essendon-20150401-1mcxkn.html

Last edited:
Sadly, this is true. I stuffed my back in a work incident in June last year. I didn't miss any work, I was placed on light duties and attended rehabilitation sessions. All they gave a s**t about was seeing to be doing something, and they couldn't wait to sign off on my case. Here I am, 9 months later, still disabled with back complaints, struggling to do my job, struggling to get out of bed some mornings, but at least Workcover doesn't have to worry about me anymore. I'm no longer on their books. I don't know what I expected from Workcover, but it hasn't done me any good whatsoever.
Grow some balls and stand up for your rights.
Get some 2nd and 3rd opinions ffs.
Workcovers primary role is as an insurer.
Keep your receipts. You have up to 7 years to back claim.

He's saying what we've all been thinking.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-may-have-been-destroyed-20150401-1mcthw.html
Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority boss Ben McDevitt has revealed his concern that crucial records of the Essendon supplements program may have been "either destroyed or removed".

In an exclusive interview with Fairfax Media, Mr McDevitt warned of fresh show-cause notices if evidence emerged of document destruction in an attempt to cover-up the use of a banned substance.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-may-have-been-destroyed-20150401-1mcthw.html
Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority boss Ben McDevitt has revealed his concern that crucial records of the Essendon supplements program may have been "either destroyed or removed".

In an exclusive interview with Fairfax Media, Mr McDevitt warned of fresh show-cause notices if evidence emerged of document destruction in an attempt to cover-up the use of a banned substance.
Please tell me that carries automatic 2 year bans.

So a good chance ASADA will appeal?

Workcover to do their bit.

ATO to audit the major players in the Essendon saga?

ACC to further investigate in conjunction with customs with charges possible?

Pharmaceuticals Industry Body to investigate conduct of chemists?

Prepare for an onslaught, I feel.
The hornets nest has been disturbed.

I have avoided commenting as through my wife I've met a WADA lawyer who has (ahem) monitored this quite actively. They were not surprised by the result as the smoking gun was thrown overboard but there is a determination to see this through to the end. Can't say more but ut is far from ended from their side.

We may be entering a stage where the bombers players get cleared to play the next three to five games, then the next three to five in batches like that. Its already happened with the pre season.

Or maybe the pre season was an unofficial ban and essendon even sqwawked about a lifht penaly like that ?

images

Yep, here's the photographic evidence. Shredder with Paul Little.

I would love Vlad to be charged with perverting the course of justice. On face value that appears to be what he did.

Well, that's precisely what he did and even though he 'conveniently' retired suddenly... just because... it has the effect of needing a cover up to protect the highest levels of the AFL. Typical Vlad, who I'm sure has some of the dirtiest fingerprints in the entire history of the AFL, who laughed in the faces of the footballing public as he personally took educational trips to the World Cup Soccer, Olympic Games, etc, on 'fact finding' missions, the results of which would be as comprehensive as which are the best tasting foreign beers and which cities have the most luxurious hotels that the AFL can pay for... anyway I'm rambling, but the AFL probably can't come down too hard on a corrupt club when they themselves are corrupt bedfellows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essend...r-health-of-dons-players-20150401-1mcyib.html

This article proves to me its all orchestrated B/S by the AFL.

WTF have the players got to worry for? They're innocent, the club are not guilty and nothing harmful was injected

I have no sympathy for the players either after reading this. They want their cake and want to eat it too. So they are able to play but when they retire they want to sue the club is what i got from it.

Agree entirely. Given the fact they have not made any admissions, given any ground to assist the authorities in uncovering the truth why should they have any avenue of recompense at a later date? Wait till my footy career is over then I will sue the club for my sterility, degenerative muscle disorder, tumour or whatever.

So a good chance ASADA will appeal?

Workcover to do their bit.

ATO to audit the major players in the Essendon saga?

ACC to further investigate in conjunction with customs with charges possible?

Pharmaceuticals Industry Body to investigate conduct of chemists?

Prepare for an onslaught, I feel.
The hornets nest has been disturbed.

More like imo

download.jpg

I think ASADA knows Essendon got rid of the evidence - they just can't prove it.

So Essendon are admitting the lesser crime of incompetence. Essendon have chosen to admit they do not know all that was given to their players.
This being the case then NO ONE who held a position of authority during this period should be still working within the AFL system. Get a job elsewhere. You are basically incompetent.

That means coaches such as Goodwin, Thompson and Hird should not be involved in the AFL at any level. If the welfare of the players is the AFL's number one concern, then this would be undertaken - unfortunately this does not appear to be the case (insert $$$$ here).

Evans, Corcoran, Dank, Charters and Robson are gone, and rightly so - and should never be allowed to return. The members of the board at the time, Little included, should be removed from positions of authority.

Mr Magoo, I mean Dr.Reid, should be gone due to total ignorance and incompetence.

Now Sir Sheedy will come out and say -- 'but boo-hoo these are good people, we shouldn't be doing this to good football people.'

Good people make mistakes but better people admit to wrong doing and blow the whistle on the whole thing, or admit dereliction of duty and resign. To say that these people have a god given right to remain within the AFL football system after being part of an injection regime where documentation is lost or nonexistent is ridiculous. Plenty of other good competent people can take their place.

For Hird to still be the coach sickens me.

You know who they should have got in there to document all of Danks lab experiments ? Tania Hird. Because she takes notes.

What i have been wondering is whether this not guilty finding to the players would harm their cause if they decided to sue Essendon at a later stage for health complications arising from their injection program.

Fast forwarding 10 years, for the players, the best result could have actually been a 2 week ban.

They really need to change the burden of proof in these sorts of cases, if you can't prove through record keeping, what was given to your players, then it can only be assumed that it wasn't legal. What's a little perplexing is that Dank swears he kept good records, which i believe because to monitor progress, very strict records would need to be kept. The absence of their records should automatically result in a guilty plea, otherwise you open up a can of worms that WADA/ASADA and sport in general can't afford.

Now the the bombers have been vindicated and they are looking at suing afl and asada - one would think their first law suit would be against the rogue agent dank - I look forward to seeing that lodged in the next couple of weeks. They do afterall care about the players, Jimmy loves those boys and would never do anything to hurt them - he said so himself, so you would presume they would go to whatever lengths needed to get that information for them - they would, wouldn't they. :rolleyes:

There's no way that as a scientist Dank wouldn't have kept notes and records of substances, dosages and results.

The EFC should be charged with evidence tampering.

Now the the bombers have been vindicated and they are looking at suing afl and asada - one would think their first law suit would be against the rogue agent dank - I look forward to seeing that lodged in the next couple of weeks. They do afterall care about the players, Jimmy loves those boys and would never do anything to hurt them - he said so himself, so you would presume they would go to whatever lengths needed to get that information for them - they would, wouldn't they. :rolleyes:
Have I missed something?

What i have been wondering is whether this not guilty finding to the players would harm their cause if they decided to sue Essendon at a later stage for health complications arising from their injection program.

Fast forwarding 10 years, for the players, the best result could have actually been a 2 week ban.

They really need to change the burden of proof in these sorts of cases, if you can't prove through record keeping, what was given to your players, then it can only be assumed that it wasn't legal. What's a little perplexing is that Dank swears he kept good records, which i believe because to monitor progress, very strict records would need to be kept. The absence of their records should automatically result in a guilty plea, otherwise you open up a can of worms that WADA/ASADA and sport in general can't afford.

AFL have set their precedent. Its Open Slather. Clubs ARE NOW allowed to used performance enhancing drugs as long as paper trail and/or records are destroyed. Oh and pretend you had no idea what was going on.....

This is a tongue in cheek comment, so dont all get up on your high horses, but Imagine how good we are going to be with performance enhancers. I mean we are good now. Good luck trying to catch us now!

I have avoided commenting as through my wife I've met a WADA lawyer who has (ahem) monitored this quite actively. They were not surprised by the result as the smoking gun was thrown overboard but there is a determination to see this through to the end. Can't say more but ut is far from ended from their side.
I do hope WADA step in straight away and start sifting through the bullshit, because I think ASADAS I'll just get fed more of it without the powers to get to the bottom of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back