Preview Essenjectors v Hawthorn, 10 June 2016, 7.50pm @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss and also sister's husband barrack for the injectors. Fair to say I haven't suggested a dinner in Victoria St before the game with family.
You need to change jobs and convince your sister to get a divorce.

No one should have to put up with so much scum-love in their lives.

Until the 2004 game, I think Essendon supporters would have said that we considered Essendon bigger rivals than they did us. I had a couple of workmates at that time who would say that regularly.

After 2004, and the bruises handed out by Vanders and others, I think that has changed. I think most of their supporters hate us (and our success).

There's plenty of healthy hatred!
The mutual hatred has was there two decades before 2004, the line in the sand had to be drawn that game because they had started viewing us with sneering contempt.
Now things are back to where they should be with them jealously loathing us.

With all the talk of potentially resting senior players, would it be a good idea to bring in someone like Whitecross? Seems to be totally forgotten. Ripe age, roughly 100 games experience if I recall correctly and been solid at VFL level.

2011/12/13 he was best 22 and all those sides were better than the one we are currently fielding... Still got me a bit confused. Surely hasn't dropped that far off the cliff

Doesn't anyone know if this is an all ticket match like in previous season? or are AFL members able to scan their cards at the gate?

With all the talk of potentially resting senior players, would it be a good idea to bring in someone like Whitecross? Seems to be totally forgotten. Ripe age, roughly 100 games experience if I recall correctly and been solid at VFL level.

2011/12/13 he was best 22 and all those sides were better than the one we are currently fielding... Still got me a bit confused. Surely hasn't dropped that far off the cliff
All this talk about resting players is just pure shit.

We are just going at the moment and we need all hands on deck.

Watching Gunners at the end of the game on the weekend he looked very very proppy, we don't need to be resting anyone.

We need reinforcements.

IN: Langford.
OUT: Hill or Hartung?

Essendon_logo_needle.jpg

Would love to bury the stain of the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No resting players. We need the percentage, particularly if we lose to North the following week. We also have the bye the week after that.
We have Gold Coast in Tassie in Rd 14, then the Bye in Rd 15.
But you're right, we need to play the best 22 and up the percentage to something somewhat competitive. We're running at 108% now, the top 4 are at 130s. An 80 point win will get us close to 115%.

No resting players. We need the percentage, particularly if we lose to North the following week. We also have the bye the week after that.
It's crazy the amount of people here acting like we're sitting a game clear on top of the ladder and we should be resting players and playing Box Hill. A lot of work to be done, including boosting our percentage, before we start cruising.

Percentage boosting games are great but probably irrelevant now. We're 5th with our best chance to take over from the Cats or Dogs in 3rd and 4th only if we keep winning. Won't have anything to do with percentage. We field our best side unless niggles call for players to be rested. Unless we hand out some real beatings over the back end of the season, I can't see us overtaking the others on percentage.

In theory the only concern for both sides is avoiding injuries but we havent really dominated teams for 4 quarters this year...
True I guess. And until the weekend apart from ANZAC day we have been competitive for a half.

Be great to see us win a quarter or two and not get completely flogged.

TBH, I've given up on percentage. Even if we beat them 200 - 1 we're still only 115% or something, 15% shy of anyone else in the top 6.

Percentage boosting games are great but probably irrelevant now. We're 5th with our best chance to take over from the Cats or Dogs in 3rd and 4th only if we keep winning. Won't have anything to do with percentage. We field our best side unless niggles call for players to be rested. Unless we hand out some real beatings over the back end of the season, I can't see us overtaking the others on percentage.
TBH, I've given up on percentage. Even if we beat them 200 - 1 we're still only 115% or something, 15% shy of anyone else in the top 6.
You both make fair points regarding it being too late to make up percentage. This week's games should be interesting.
Cats (3rd) v North (1st)
GWS (6th) v Swans (2nd)
WCE (7th) v Crows (8th)
Port (9th) v Dogs (4th)
Hopefully Port and North get up. Not sure about GWS or Swans.

When you consider that other teams above fighting for top 4 spots have to play each other, I believe we are in a good position to achieve that goal, and wins against North and Sydney, would go a long way to getting there, not to mention the confidence building it would do.

North: 40 Gee Haw Crows Bye
Sydney: 36 GWS Melb Bye Dogs
Gee: 32 North Dogs St.K Bye
Dogs: 32 Port Gee Bye Syd
Hawks: 32 * North Suns Bye

It would be very difficult to catch catch AFL's franchise Sydney team, due to their easy run, but if we were to beat North, we could be equal second, come the bye. I wonder how many of our supporters would be critical of that?

Say we beat Essendon 136-55 then we would jump a little over 7pp to 116%. (Your 200-1 would get us to 128%).

Where the beauty of percentage is that say Geelong get beaten by North 110-60 their percentage drops to 129%. Down by 9pp, an extra 2pp despite a 5 goal smaller margin.

It's not going to be terribly difficult for us to maintain or even improve significantly on our current percentage of 109%. We simply need to win by scoring 9% more or better than our opponents.

The teams above us have to continue to win by 30-45% more of their opponents score. That's going to be pretty tricky given all the teams above us are playing at least 2 other top 5 sides over the next 5 rounds.

It will be particularly devestating to them if we can beat them - even by a slim margin as while our percentage may drop, theirs will drop by more. Just need to keep winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back