Everton fans thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just hope he signs the contract.

I thought Arteta's last few months was the best in his time at Everton and having Pienaar in the team helped a lot IMO.

Moyes has said that he will keep him and let him run his contract down if he has too, but I think that's BS.

Well Baines has come out and said we should be able to challenge for a champions league spot with a fit squad next season, which I think we all expect, a 4-6th finish is respectable, paper went on to point of beating Chelsea, City and United int he second half with a fit squad as us being able to compete when 'switched on'

News from the club is that we won't be going out splashing cash (shock horror!) and will be focusing on keeping the current squad together. Its important to keep the lads together but we need another quality mid to take pressure off Arteta/Pienaar as the creative forces and someone to cover RB, we all know Moyes love Hibbo and I know this is Aussie bias but I think that Wilkshire would be an amazing signing for us, would be a decent price and can preform...

Either way the club will not really progress and be able to really take on 4th spot with the likes of Osman and Hibbert being viewed as first XI players. Still looking forward to season 2010/11 with a fit squad we can do some damage!

on a free a player of his quality would be amazing, however Moyes has come out and said his not interested because wages would be too high. After all we are offering Pienaar $55,000 a week to become the highest paid player in the history of the club, Petrov would want a bit more than that unfortunately...

on a free a player of his quality would be amazing, however Moyes has come out and said his not interested because wages would be too high. After all we are offering Pienaar $55,000 a week to become the highest paid player in the history of the club, Petrov would want a bit more than that unfortunately...

Really? You reckon Bolton are paying Petrov more than 55k a week?

Steven Ireland would be a handy squad player for us, only 23 or 24..

For the money we'd pay for Ireland (transfer fee and in wages), I'd expect him to be more than just a handy squad player....

I'd back moyes to work some more cheap bargain bin/youth wonders.

If his hand is forced by Arteta or Pienaar, he'd want to give the squad more depth (ala Lescott money) or at least try to replace like-for-like (which would be unlikely).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oooooooooooooohhhhhh I thought he had quoted the article about the Aussie kid. Completely agree with his sentiments about Arteta though. To hardly have him for the last two seasons then he bails, I think I'd cry :(.

Haha yeah, who gives a toss about the Aussie kid :p

I don't mind the kit tbh, and I'm due a new one. Will probably buy a Rodwell shirt this season, finance permitting of course.

14 days until the Roar game :D

What sort of squad are you guys bringing out by the way?

I assume it's a fairly young one, but are your ace kids like Rodwell etc. going to be out here?
Travelling Squad heading to Oz: Turner, Nash, Ruddy, Hibbert, Coleman, Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Mustafi, Osman, Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell, Arteta, Baxter, Gueye, Saha, Beckford, Vaughan, Anichebe, Silva, Jutkiewicz.

And Cahill's already here.

I'm plenty happy with that squad. I'm also keen to find out where/when they are training in Brisbane!!

Haha yeah, who gives a toss about the Aussie kid :p

I don't mind the kit tbh, and I'm due a new one. Will probably buy a Rodwell shirt this season, finance permitting of course.

14 days until the Roar game :D

I like the new kit, plain is good! I got Rodwell on last years kit, I'm gonna maybe get Arteta this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back