ripitup27

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2005
Your Place
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Chapman Express
We have obscure references and favourite quotes, but what Simpsons lines/slash sayings have slipped into your everyday language.

An obvious one is 'D'oh' for some people, but I've got a few others:

-Purple Monkey Dishwasher: Used to describe something that you think might not be true due to how many people it had to go through to get to you. e.g 'A purplemonkeydishwasher moment'.

-So I said to the President, get this!: Probably not used by anyone else in the world but a few of my mates. Always used at the end of a story that seems to be going no where and getting no laughs. Good way to end things.

-I think they're saying Boo-urns: Used mainly on the Geelong board whenever Shannon Byrnes is considered for selection.

-Jealous? You're jealous: Used whenever I have something new that others have had for a while.

What are yours?

Wait! So the police knew internal affairs were on to them? - Usually said when coming out of bad movie, or a someone has told a boring story

-So I said to the President, get this!: Probably not used by anyone else in the world but a few of my mates. Always used at the end of a story that seems to be going no where and getting no laughs. Good way to end things.

In those days nickels had pictures of bumble bees on them, give me 5 bees to the quarter you'd say.:D

Well why didn't you tell the rest of us? WHY DID YOU KEEP IT A SECRET?

Used when somebody tells you they knew something was gonna happen ie- I knew that wouldn't work.

Some that I use
- Ahoy hoy [Mr Burns] when I speak to someone on the phone
- Won't somebody please think of the children [Rev Lovejoys wife] I sometimes use that one on the net
- Me fail English.That's unpossible [Ralph] same as above,usually when I stuff up something
- Thank you,come again [Apu] One I like to use sometimes on those annoying telemarketers.It's just a coincidence that 99% are Indian like Apu.

Le Grille!?! What the hell is that!?!: Everytime I walk past the oven and notice the lower door.
Da-nnng: That sound they make when they adjust their collar.

When I was in a meeting people were being really reluctant to make a decision. So I piped up loudly with

"Everyone who agrees to <Insert whatever> say Aye!"
<majority of other people yell Aye!>
"All opposed?"
"...meeee..."

That got a few laughs, I usually use some form of that when there is indecision.

Someone gave me the 'purple monkey dishwasher' call at work just yesterday!!! :D

My favourite is in any situation, no matter the time or place, if things seem to be meandering along (this one is particularly good for work) at a slow and boring pace ... jump up and scream

"That's it, you people have stood in my way long enough!!!! I'm going to Clown College!!!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say Boo-urns a lot, just whenever theres something that I don't like etc
Agree with the A hoy hoy one, I say that quite a lot when answering the phone
Also, the episode where they pick up Marge's mother, and Grampa says "I'll be back in a jiffy", that gets a fair run from me

"Stop, stop. He's already dead" gets a good run from me, usually when someone is getting beaten down or I want something to end.

I dare say "I think they're saying Boo-urns" has been used a lot more re Scott Burns than Shannon Byrnes btw. Not Simpsons but I give "They're booing Ricciutio Huddo" a fair work out.

“But it comes with a free frogurt!” - Used when describing a negative thing/situation.

Dickity, Smarch and Cromulent both get used a bit around my mates.

It really is amazing how most of my whole generation knows the exact meaning and context of a lot of these references. Those that don't generally aren't worth bothering with, I've found.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back