Movies & TV Everything Star Wars

Remove this Banner Ad

well, it was good!

so good infact it could nearly have stood as a stand alone film... probably easy to fall into the trap of just making it an ode to the originals but it wasnt quite.

i think i knew they were back in form when they had the blokish banter between the 2 in the tie fighter - and just the general wise quips and cheesy lines that were a part of the original and gave it its charm.. but fell away as the latter movies did. I guess they over did them in the end - in some pretty tense fighting scenes when they would wise quip when it didnt feel natural but all in all im happy to have that lovelable elment back.

one thing that bugged me was the fact that nobody learnt anything!

dont they say if you dont learn from history you are doomed to fail it again?

how many times can those wacky darksiders construct fallible planets weapons? for me it just felt far too easy how they were able to destroy it... again.

and leaving kylo for dead but not dead? dont they ever learn?!

p.s was supreme leader snork one of the viceroy from the originals?

One thing that I had never thought of before but it really struck me now watching Leia and Han. Being a parent is hard on so many levels, but one thing not many non parents realise is the tangible stress of worrying about the child you are bringing up....hope she's not going to grow up an axe murderer , hope she's not a sycopath, hope she ends up settled and happy... In reality how a parent raises their child may not even have a baring on the end result .... But I really felt the tug in this respect 're Han/Leia.

anyhow, its good stuff! plenty of fodder to discuss til the next instalment haha

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah as I said in the other thread, it's the same sort of excitement levels of when Jurassic Park came out in 1993...which felt iconic at the time..

Great writing..
Funny and witty dialogue
Cool as hell action sequences and scenery...
Everything cool about Star Wars crammed into the film..
Introduces memorable new characters..

The near to as you can get, perfect Star Wars film..

Yeah as I said in the other thread, it's the same sort of excitement levels of when Jurassic Park came out in 1993...which felt iconic at the time..

Great writing..
Funny and witty dialogue
Cool as hell action sequences and scenery...
Everything cool about Star Wars crammed into the film..
Introduces memorable new characters..

The near to as you can get, perfect Star Wars film..

So.... Like the first all over again (iv) then!

Can we say Abraham's didn't create, he 're made?

Not that it's a bad thing, life is about cycles.

I thought it had awesome flow though, just kept building intensity, not much time for pause other than when an old fav/relic was 're introduced which I must admit gave me the ol wet eye pangs each time.

I thought it had awesome flow though, just kept building intensity, not much time for pause other than when an old fav/relic was 're introduced which I must admit gave me the ol wet eye pangs each time.

What, the babykiller saber?

everyone is wondering about the origins of the heroine.. but im here to talk about finn.

cleary in a time far far away black people are scarce (unless wearing flowing black robes) and i know its far too simple to say oh, hes a black guy, he must be related to one of the other 2 black people who were ever in the movie.. but thats what im doing.

so... he can use a light saber - hes got summat in his blood. Easy to point back to mace, giving him jedi linage but the times dont quite match up for me... i prefer the story i just concocted.

Lando Calrisian, the man from cloud city with the pr0n moustache, i reckon he knew his way around a lady (remember that lip smacking when he saw Leia all dressed up) -

so Lando fresh from making amends to the rebellion, and co-piloting the falcon on its mission to destroy deathstar 2. comes back to a heroes welcome - gets smashed, picks up and sleeps with Leia at the after party while han was still shaking off the affects of carbonite sickness...

then loses the keys to the falcon in a drunken stupor - it gets stolen and flown to jakku.

9 months later Leia gives birth to a little black boy in secret with skywalker blood - in shame she sends him off for adoption - at which point he ends up in an orfanage - the key picking grounds for the first orders storm trooper army. r.

han finds out a decade later after they have a child - leaves he

30 years later, we pick up the story...

ignore any plot holes of created, you know it to be true.

everyone is wondering about the origins of the heroine.. but im here to talk about finn.

cleary in a time far far away black people are scarce (unless wearing flowing black robes) and i know its far too simple to say oh, hes a black guy, he must be related to one of the other 2 black people who were ever in the movie.. but thats what im doing.

so... he can use a light saber - hes got summat in his blood. Easy to point back to mace, giving him jedi linage but the times dont quite match up for me... i prefer the story i just concocted.

Lando Calrisian, the man from cloud city with the pr0n moustache, i reckon he knew his way around a lady (remember that lip smacking when he saw Leia all dressed up) -

so Lando fresh from making amends to the rebellion, and co-piloting the falcon on its mission to destroy deathstar 2. comes back to a heroes welcome - gets smashed, picks up and sleeps with Leia at the after party while han was still shaking off the affects of carbonite sickness...

then loses the keys to the falcon in a drunken stupor - it gets stolen and flown to jakku.

9 months later Leia gives birth to a little black boy in secret with skywalker blood - in shame she sends him off for adoption - at which point he ends up in an orfanage - the key picking grounds for the first orders storm trooper army. r.

han finds out a decade later after they have a child - leaves he

30 years later, we pick up the story...

ignore any plot holes of created, you know it to be true.
lol

No.

Using a lightsaber is simply pressing the button, anybody can do it. He doesn't have Jedi blood in him.
No.

Using a lightsaber is simply pressing the button, anybody can do it. He doesn't have Jedi blood in him.

i kinda like the idea from district 9 where the alien weapons could only be used by them because it worked symbiotically with their dna - likewise in avatar when they tapped into their beast to work together the same way...

i could handle the idea that a lightsaber could only be used by its maker, or somebody from the same bloodline.

Han never grabbed one and went crazy with it - cause he was a scoundrel nerf hearder muggle blood. i just have this feeling finn may have something to him.

i kinda like the idea from district 9 where the alien weapons could only be used by them because it worked symbiotically with their dna - likewise in avatar when they tapped into their beast to work together the same way...

i could handle the idea that a lightsaber could only be used by its maker, or somebody from the same bloodline.

Han never grabbed one and went crazy with it - cause he was a scoundrel nerf hearder muggle blood. i just have this feeling finn may have something to him.
Funny that that's the first time in seven movies that someone that's not a Force user / super Force sensitive has even tried (to my recollection, anyway).

Funny that that's the first time in seven movies that someone that's not a Force user / super Force sensitive has even tried (to my recollection, anyway).
Grievous?

Han Solo cutting open the Taun Taun in Ep V?

anyone noticed in near on 7 movies not once, has a storm trooper ever killed anyone of note or done anything vaugley right or beneficial for the empire?

why even persist with those guys?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back