Ex AFL players playing in SA

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Choppy Pickett and Peter Burgoyne played in Port Lincoln this year, as did Shane and Darryl Wakelin (all interestingly in the same game).

Former Hawthorn player Harry Miller is also playing in the Port Lincoln league.

I know Choppy Pickett and Peter Burgoyne played in Port Lincoln this year, as did Shane and Darryl Wakelin (all interestingly in the same game).

Former Hawthorn player Harry Miller is also playing in the Port Lincoln league.

Choppy and Burgoyne for Mallee Park.

Wakelins at Waybacks yeah?

Elijah Ware was playing at Lions in Port Pirie but moved to Reynella last year or the year before.

Chris Ladhams and Damian Squire played at Jervois in the RMFL last, and I think both have signed for 2012 (with Ladhams coaching again).

Ken McGregor and Kris Massie played at Encounter Bay last year. I believe McGregor may play more games there next year, however Massie won't now that he's coaching Glenelg.

Ben Moore and Simon Feast have played at Langhorne Creek last few years, I think Feast may have retired now.

Simon Cox topped the goalkickers playing for Naracoorte in KNTFL in season 2011.

Peter Burgoyne I think has played for one of the Adelaide Plains clubs the last few years. Think he may have also played a game in the PLFL last year with Mallee Park too.

Mark Ricciuto has played in a few different leagues since retiring from the Crows, including often multiple leagues in the one season. I think he even played a B grade game with Waikerie this season just gone, in addition to a game at Tasmans in the PLFL.

Cameron Faulkner (ex Western Bulldogs) is captain of the Kadina Bloodhounds in the Yorke Peninsula Football League.

Off the top of my head Josh Carr and Josh Willoughby played for Old Ignatians in D2 Amateurs this year. Willoughby sustained a pretty nasty knee injury.

Freo rookies Benet Coping and Jack Juniper were running around for Gaza and Sacred Heart Old Collegians in div 1. Ricky O'Loughlin and Adrian Wilson pulled the boots on for Eastern Park.

Phil Walsh played for Adelaide Uni, Nathan Bassett made a celebrity 1 off appearance for Houghton Districts.

Darren Jarman coached and reportedly pulled on the boots for a couple of games at CBC Old Colls.

Sudjai Cook sandbagged himself into playing C3 for Flinders Park.

Choppy and Burgoyne for Mallee Park.

Wakelins at Waybacks yeah?

The Wakelins played for Bostons and Choppy and Burgoyne played for Mallee Park, in the same game against each other.

Wakelins played junior footy for Bostons.

I believe they played one game in the PLFL last year, I presume it was with Bostons.

Yeah just the one game mate, for Bostons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Mum's a bulldogs supporter and their one of my favourite sides too. He rarely dominates even in this league from what I've seen.

My family is tied in with Ardossan. They say Faulkner is a sniper. Loves dishing it out when ump is blindsided.

According to the Northern Argus, Jason Akermanis is set to play a game or two for North Clare.

Wow! When is that? have a quote?

But then again, they need something to stop looking like the basket case they're currently

Because it makes too much sense.

For the record, the game will be North Clare vs BSR (Brinkworth-Spalding-Redhill) (I think it's at Clare Oval, then again could be Spalding! Will have to double check). I'm mates with the guy whos expecting to be standing on Aker, he's pumped lol

Would Aka play FP? Cause i know a guy that plays BP for BSR A's but i saw in the latest barracker he has been dropped :(

it would of been good to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back