Expression of interest: Documentary launch

Remove this Banner Ad

I live in Cairns and we have some good food in the area. You need to know where to look, but there are plenty of good choices. Victorians certainly are pretentious and patronizing when it comes to food. And I say that as a born and bred Victorian. I remember a conversation once where a friend, and local, was giving advice on which seafood shop was best to a friend of theirs from Melbourne. They're response was "oh no our taxi driver lived in Melbourne (an Indian bloke) and recommended this other place". It also happened to be among the more over priced and over rated joints in town. It's an interesting attitude.
I know what you're saying, but the competition is so strong all you need to recommend is 'If its busy, go in. The crowd know.'

Been to Rusty's market and bought a black sapote?

Highly recommended it if you haven't - but make sure it's ripe (practically rotten) before you eat it.

I have. They're amazing fruits.

I know what you're saying, but the competition is so strong all you need to recommend is 'If its busy, go in. The crowd know.'

Which is why you need to know where to go in smaller cities I guess. If anyone is ever in Cairns I'm happy to offer an opinion on the food of the area.

Damn - wish I'd seen this earlier. Could've done with a trip to Melbourne. Suffering from postop knee reco stir craziness.

Which is why you need to know where to go in smaller cities I guess. If anyone is ever in Cairns I'm happy to offer an opinion on the food of the area.

images

Deal

I recommend a good feed of Thai.
Speaking of Thai. There is (maybe used to be, it's been a while) a Thai restaurant on Flinders St Townsville that makes/made the most incredible Thai chicken coconut milk soup ever in the history of the world. I actually stormed the kitchen one day (I had become a regular so I could get away with it) and demanded the chef teach me how he made it. No luck.
But seriously it was the most amazing soup ever created. Not even Jesus could create anything better and that mofo turned water into wine.

Speaking of Thai. There is (maybe used to be, it's been a while) a Thai restaurant on Flinders St Townsville that makes/made the most incredible Thai chicken coconut milk soup ever in the history of the world. I actually stormed the kitchen one day (I had become a regular so I could get away with it) and demanded the chef teach me how he made it. No luck.
But seriously it was the most amazing soup ever created. Not even Jesus could create anything better and that mofo turned water into wine.

Reminds me of this story ...

http://pix11.com/2014/09/25/chinese...d-with-opium-poppy-to-get-customers-addicted/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went. Was pretty good, ended up having a small chat with JDG's dad before the thing, sure felt a little intimidated surrounded by all the suits. o_O De Goey, Maynard, Moore and Cox were there watching, and afterwards it was like the members forum in that we could ask them questions. I had to leave right away afterwards, but it was a great night overall. :) Props to the media team, was a great insight into the peaks and troughs that come with the first year in the system.

Great work by the media department putting tonight together.. Make sure you all have a look tomorrow night if you have Foxtel as it goes to air straight after the draft.

View attachment 195101 View attachment 195102 View attachment 195103 View attachment 195104
I went. Was pretty good, ended up having a small chat with JDG's dad before the thing, sure felt a little intimidated surrounded by all the suits. o_O De Goey, Maynard, Moore and Cox were there watching, and afterwards it was like the members forum in that we could ask them questions. I had to leave right away afterwards, but it was a great night overall. :) Props to the media team, was a great insight into the peaks and troughs that come with the first year in the system.

I agree that it was a great night and I'm surprised that there were not more people there.

The Collingwood Media department did a great job putting it all together and it was a great insight into how a draftee and a first year player feels.

Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey, Brayden Maynard and Darcy Moore all spoke well and were happy to answer the members' questions. I also enjoyed talking to Jordan De Goey's father before the film.

The Collingwood Football Club were very professional putting on drinks, lollies and a little gift pack for the show.

Thanks Collingwood and Media Department! I'm really glad that I attended.

I agree that it was a great night and I'm surprised that there were not more people there.

The Collingwood Media department did a great job putting it all together and it was a great insight into how a draftee and a first year player feels.

Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey, Brayden Maynard and Darcy Moore all spoke well and were happy to answer the members' questions. I also enjoyed talking to Jordan De Goey's father before the film.

The Collingwood Football Club were very professional putting on drinks, lollies and a little gift pack for the show.

Thanks Collingwood and Media Department! I'm really glad that I attended.

Pretty ordinary by those who nominated for tickets but didn't go as clearly there were people who wanted to go but didn't get tickets...

Pretty ordinary by those who nominated for tickets but didn't go as clearly there were people who wanted to go but didn't get tickets...

I'm not sure about that as we received the invitation and then we replied by email.
We didn't hear anything after that. We didn't receive any actual tickets but presumed that our email RSVP would be enough.

As we expected, they had our names recorded on a list to check off as we entered the Holden Centre.
I'm fairly sure that everyone who replied was able to attend.

What did Mr.De Goey have to say?

I'm not sure about that as we received the invitation and then we replied by email.
We didn't hear anything after that. We didn't receive any actual tickets but presumed that our email RSVP would be enough.

As we expected, they had our names recorded on a list to check off as we entered the Holden Centre.
I'm fairly sure that everyone who replied was able to attend.

It says in the OP email for your chance to attend and attendees will be selected at random. I didn't email but Dave said he wanted to go and didn't get invited.. Maybe there wasn't that much interest if the place wasn't full but the only reason I didn't respond is I wasn't 100% sure I could go... turns out I could've but oh well.

What did Mr.De Goey have to say?

He just talked about how proud of Jordan he was and that although they knew he was talented they are amazed at how well he has done. Jordan's dad said that he was also a handy footballer in his day but that Jordan has surpassed all expectations.

We also talked about social media and how so far Jordan has had a very positive following and we both hoped it would stay that way! We also discussed the concept of a "supporter".

He just talked about how proud of Jordan he was and that although they knew he was talented they are amazed at how well he has done. Jordan's dad said that he was also a handy footballer in his day but that Jordan has surpassed all expectations.

We also talked about social media and how so far Jordan has had a very positive following and we both hoped it would stay that way! We also discussed the concept of a "supporter".
Was that you I was talking with along with JDGs dad? Apologies if not o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back