Extracts from Chapman's book: The Inside Story of Essendons Year from Hell

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh the poor little babies, they must be so stressed out feeling the pinch of the consequences of their actions, while still being allowed to play the game they love while earning a massive salary. Yeah, it was all doom and gloom - I guess Paul Chapman doesn't read the Herald Sun.

Never mind the fact that Essendon and Hird dragged on the process by taking it to court, and not having the necessary documentation that would have made things a lot quicker. Or how the AFL tribunal thought it wise to hear the case over a period of a few weeks, with weeks break after the new year. Essendon (and to a lesser extent, the AFL) have stonewalled this process as much as possible. Why doesn't Chapman mention these very convenient facts?

Never bought the "poor players are stressed" narrative and never will. Perhaps they should have thought about that first before being wilfully ignorant and not bother checking on these sort of things, they made their bed now they have to lie in it. Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones must have been super stressed too while under investigation, where was the sympathy for them? For the most part the media have been super easy on the players, continually dragging out the story that they were not at fault or at the very least duped, in fact they ran stories that would garner as much public sympathy as possible. So I don't know what universe or reality Paul Chapman comes from, but what I do know is that he's been indoctrinated into Essendon's own version of reality and bullshit.

Finished your conspiracy theory yet thrawny? It needs to be ready when the CAS clears the players.

Why don't you start planting a few seeds now?

Sweet. Lake just scrapes in. Im excited !!!
That would actually be a pretty good read.

Drafted with one of the last pics in the draft as a raw forward, some tumultuous years under Rocket Eade turned him into the defender he became, huge sprays from Rocket - love/hate relationship, some failed prelims alongside some big egos (aker, gia), then defecting to a team across town for a shot at glory. Three flags later and a Norm Smith.

That would actually be an ex-footballers biography I would read. Publishers should be going after him with a frenzy.

Drafted with one of the last pics in the draft as a raw forward, some tumultuous years under Rocket Eade turned him into the defender he became, huge sprays from Rocket - love/hate relationship, some failed prelims alongside some big egos (aker, gia), then defecting to a team across town for a shot at glory. Three flags later and a Norm Smith.

That would actually be an ex-footballers biography I would read. Publishers should be going after him with a frenzy.

Brian's a bogan from Caroline Springs. Good luck to him but I can't imagine it's a life that really requires a book written about it.

Brian's a bogan from Caroline Springs. Good luck to him but I can't imagine it's a life that really requires a book written about it.
I don't disagree with you but if I HAD to read/care about a footballer's memoirs it would be a damn side more interesting than a Paul Chapman book or any of the recent forays into literature from recently retired players.

I think you just wrote it. That's it. The whole book done in a couple of paragraphs!

Essendons deny til you die behaviour led to this dragging out.

The players stuck with the club so they deserve everything they get.
Someone tipped of the club that the testers were on their case.
Then the paperwork and the computer files with the records on all go missing. Why if there was nothing to hide?. Nobody loses paperwork and computer files that show you are innocent of acrime that i know of.
In my opinion someone at the AFL tipped them what was happening.
If from day one certain people from the club and the AFL had been honest this in most part would be forgotten by now.
I would like to see certain people from the club and from the AFL take an oath in court and tell us the truth.

What with this thing and the stuff about Goddard, it seems like a pretty tedious book. Are these articles designed as teasers to get up some interest? Epic fail

YAWN!!!

That's exactly what it's designed for. And it had to be someone from Essendon he potted, not one of his premiership teammates. Plus it wouldn't have been any of the 34, those poor darlings have gone through too much. Really, it could only have been Goddard to cop it.

Oh the poor little babies, they must be so stressed out feeling the pinch of the consequences of their actions, while still being allowed to play the game they love while earning a massive salary. Yeah, it was all doom and gloom - I guess Paul Chapman doesn't read the Herald Sun.

Never mind the fact that Essendon and Hird dragged on the process by taking it to court, and not having the necessary documentation that would have made things a lot quicker. Or how the AFL tribunal thought it wise to hear the case over a period of a few weeks, with weeks break after the new year. Essendon (and to a lesser extent, the AFL) have stonewalled this process as much as possible. Why doesn't Chapman mention these very convenient facts?

Never bought the "poor players are stressed" narrative and never will. Perhaps they should have thought about that first before being wilfully ignorant and not bother checking on these sort of things, they made their bed now they have to lie in it. Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones must have been super stressed too while under investigation, where was the sympathy for them? For the most part the media have been super easy on the players, continually dragging out the story that they were not at fault or at the very least duped, in fact they ran stories that would garner as much public sympathy as possible. So I don't know what universe or reality Paul Chapman comes from, but what I do know is that he's been indoctrinated into Essendon's own version of reality and bullshit.
I keep posting the same point - this feels like a huge amount of time but in actual fact they only received SCNs late last year. The reason it has felt so long is because the investigation itself became public which would never have happened without consent from those involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone tipped of the club that the testers were on their case.
Then the paperwork and the computer files with the records on all go missing. Why if there was nothing to hide?. Nobody loses paperwork and computer files that show you are innocent of acrime that i know of.
In my opinion someone at the AFL tipped them what was happening.
If from day one certain people from the club and the AFL had been honest this in most part would be forgotten by now.
I would like to see certain people from the club and from the AFL take an oath in court and tell us the truth.
Why the **** would Essendon have kept records on all the illegal drugs they were taking in the first place.

****in idiot

Yeah why would you?
"Hey bloke, have you had your injection today"
"Can't remember, i think so, but it might have been yesterday"
"Here have another one just in case"
Yeah that too!

That's exactly what it's designed for. And it had to be someone from Essendon he potted, not one of his premiership teammates. Plus it wouldn't have been any of the 34, those poor darlings have gone through too much. Really, it could only have been Goddard to cop it.

He chose wisely. But, seriously, Chapman is an asshat for coming out now and saying this crap about players he was playing with not too long ago.

It was all over 2 years ago when the players copped their whack and got on with life.

...aaaand back to reality. Everything is so hard :cry:

So your saying then that players at your club took illegal drugs. That's very interesting from a Bombers fan.
Phrasing - should have said "allegedly taking".

Why the **** would Essendon have kept records on all the illegal drugs they were taking in the first place.

****in idiot

Bahahaha

Never be amazed by the lengths conspiracy theorists will go to. Never ever.

Speaking of which - Thrawn! Where is our sneak peak of your post-CAS conspiracy theory? Don't even try to tell us you haven't finished it!

Bahahaha

Never be amazed by the lengths conspiracy theorists will go to. Never ever.

Speaking of which - Thrawn! Where is our sneak peak of your post-CAS conspiracy theory? Don't even try to tell us you haven't finished it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back