Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell is going on. Some guy has his birthday today and I got a message sent to me from Facebook to my tablet mobile number informing me of this. I haven't had this happen before; why?
I get this every ******* day.

What the hell is going on. Some guy has his birthday today and I got a message sent to me from Facebook to my tablet mobile number informing me of this. I haven't had this happen before; why?

For someone who hates facebook so much, you seem to talk about it a lot. Just delete it brah.

I like the birthday thing, has reminded me of a few bdays before that i'd usually forget.

For someone who hates facebook so much, you seem to talk about it a lot. Just delete it brah.

I like the birthday thing, has reminded me of a few bdays before that i'd usually forget.
OMG you should read my bloody posts; I haven't been online for the last week, except messenger on my tablet, I logged out of facebook; then I was sent a text message about a birthday.

Furthermore, on the remembering birthdays; family are the only ones you need to know, and you don't need a shitty reminder 5 times in a week to tell you.

Serious question from a person who doesn't have and have never had Facebook... Why are people doing the rainbow thing? Didn't Ireland do the same thing a few weeks earlier? Did people do it then??
Because the U.S. Supreme Court made same-sex marriage legal. But you do raise a good point, nothing like this happened when it became legal in Ireland.

0e5c3aa37b890a9a9da579ea5e30d578752d3b1ee9b20d9030c9742b8967a449.jpg

That's why.

I dunno about you, but I saw plenty of support for the decision in Ireland around my friends list. But nobody changed their profile pic because it wasn't as simple as it was to do now.

I like the birthday notifications.

As anything, you can turn them off if you don't like it, but I guess people prefer to bitch about it instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notifications

Today is xxxxxxxxxx birthday

To the right of that are two buttons, a circle and an x

Click on the x which is "turn off"

done.

Brilliant this fb page..21,000 likes in two weeks

The Ressies Footballer......https://www.facebook.com/theressiesfootballer?fref=nf
Liked it a couple of days ago. The best one is without a doubt...
"Got picked in the seniors after playing seconds for the last four years... Better rock up halfway through the twos with sunglasses on, a chewy and my bag slung over my shoulder.

I won't talk to the ressies boys at the club function tonight"

Another great page is AFL related simpsons quotes

This one from late 2013 in the trade period when people though Heath Shaw was going to Carlton

David Buttifant: Okay, once more. Where are we going?
Everyone: To Carlton FC
David Buttifant: And why is Mick Malthouse here?
Mick Malthouse: Because Greg Swann thinks we have a shot at a premiership.
David Buttifant: And why is Swann here again?
Greg Swann: I came up with the idea.
David Buttifant: So why am I here?
Mick Malthouse: Because Carlton has a history of poor fitness and injury troubles.
David Buttifant: Why is Dale Thomas here then?
Mick Malthouse: Because we thought he’d help us prolong this closing premiership window.
David Buttifant: And why is Heath Shaw here?
Heath Shaw: Because Daisy didn’t want to come alone!
David Buttifant: Makes sense
993712_731048416921892_1328981654_n.jpg

Anyone else getting "xxxx is attending an event near you later today" notifications?
Get those all the time.

What I don't like is when events that friends are going to that you have not been invited to appear on your events page. They are none of my business.

For example in the events page "xxxx's 40th birthday bash - xxxx is going" followed by the "join" option.

As I said earlier, I don't have Facebook. But from a public support standpoint it wasn't the same.

Only been on FB for about a year and don't really use it that often. It has been good to re-connect with old friends I had fallen out of contact with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back