Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not listening to some right winger use the gay card to somehow propagate the argument that all Muslims are evil, particularly when you enter the sight, and you get a pop up promoting a Republican primary, whose candidates are not exactly gay friendly. Do you honestly think that Islamic immigration to Australia will somehow have a regressive effect on the gay rights agenda?

Yes, because Islamic terror only started in the 1980s.

Where do these people crawl out from? Gender Studies 101
A-street-in-Homs-Syria-in-001.jpg

Homs 2011, Homs 2015. Why would anyone want to leave now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think that article makes some valid points?

Short answer; no.

Long answer; this guy is buying into every generalisation thrown out by mainstream media on why we should hate Muslim people and is thus, a bigot. This type of rationale is dangerous and is exactly what extremist groups want. Them vs. Us. Spread the fear, divide everyone into groups of non-Muslim and Muslim and have at it. Stop letting these manipulative arseholes influence your opinion.

Short answer; no.

Long answer; this guy is buying into every generalisation thrown out by mainstream media on why we should hate Muslim people and is thus, a bigot. This type of rationale is dangerous and is exactly what extremist groups want. Them vs. Us. Spread the fear, divide everyone into groups of non-Muslim and Muslim and have at it. Stop letting these manipulative arseholes influence your opinion.

11 Muslim countries execute homosexual. It's not a generalisation, it's not bigotry, it's a fact.

Go on any large international news site's Facebook page and look at the comments on a story about homosexuality, the two groups speaking out against it almost 100% of the time are Muslims and African Christians.

Stop listening to the uni system mate, they drive a far bigger agenda than any media organisation.

I'm not listening to some right winger use the gay card to somehow propagate the argument that all Muslims are evil, particularly when you enter the sight, and you get a pop up promoting a Republican primary, whose candidates are not exactly gay friendly. Do you honestly think that Islamic immigration to Australia will somehow have a regressive effect on the gay rights agenda?

How will importing people from countries where it's acceptable to publicly hang gays from cranes in the town square into Australia not have a negative impact on the gay movement? As a staunch advocate for gay and women's rights this concerns me greatly

11 Muslim countries execute homosexual. It's not a generalisation, it's not bigotry, it's a fact.

Go on any large international news site's Facebook page and look at the comments on a story about homosexuality, the two groups speaking out against it almost 100% of the time are Muslims and African Christians.

Stop listening to the uni system mate, they drive a far bigger agenda than any media organisation.

"Muslim Countries"... or countries with Muslims in them? Is that a religious thing, or a barbaric code of laws set by the country itself? It's a generalisation. All you are doing with this is ensuring extremists get exactly what the want, get close-minds talking loud about how barbaric one specific religion is while turning a blind eye to basically every other extremist religious group.

But wait... you make a great point... Christians are against homosexuality! Close the borders, kick out the hate preacher's touching our kids and someone co-ordinate an air strike over Vatican City in retaliation please.

You're just a close-minded lone wolf?
You speak of the 'Us vs them' thing, yet you pigeon-hole anyone you don't agree with into some far right, new nazi skinhead category, don't you see the irony in what you're saying?

I'm sure you don't defend the redneck Americans who hate gays, so why defend other people with the same, in fact more extreme views? It makes zero sense.

"Muslim Countries"... or countries with Muslims in them? Is that a religious thing, or a barbaric code of laws set by the country itself? It's a generalisation. All you are doing with this is ensuring extremists get exactly what the want, get close-minds talking loud about how barbaric one specific religion is while turning a blind eye to basically every other extremist religious group.

But wait... you make a great point... Christians are against homosexuality! Close the borders, kick out the hate preacher's touching our kids and someone co-ordinate an air strike over Vatican City in retaliation please.

Most (all?) of the Muslim majority countries where homosexuality is illegal are Islamic Republics or countries where the teachings of the Quran are present in the constitutions and laws.

You speak of the 'Us vs them' thing, yet you pigeon-hole anyone you don't agree with into some far right, new nazi skinhead category, don't you see the irony in what you're saying?

I'm sure you don't defend the redneck Americans who hate gays, so why defend other people with the same, in fact more extreme views? It makes zero sense.

Exactly like you're doing? Save for the far-right neo-nazi for left wing feminazi Social Justice Warrior.

Charismatic Christians in Africa aren't exactly making the local NTTAWWT's lives particularly easy either.

I agree, they're backwards scumbags. You won't find me praising Uganda as some bastion of humanity mate, believe me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back