Family Medical Clinics

Remove this Banner Ad

You can blame Shinboner Baz for this bit of absurd musing on my part, because of his recent thread asking us to come over here and post some material.

I was out for a walk recently while the trusty Austin A30 was receiving a bit of a facelift through some new tyres (which reminds me can you still get re-treads or is this really showing my age?)

Anyway I stumbled past a building proclaiming out the front "Family Medical Clinic" and also "Family Dental Clinic".

Which got me to thinking are their doctors and dentists who actually refuse to treat patients who are not part of a family? Will they only treat some poor soul whose parents and grandparents are dead, has no siblings, no aunties or uncles or cousins, never married or should I say never partnered so therefore no children (apart from the ones that he or she fathered/mothered through some secret liasion so therefore they do not exist.)?

In which case am I right in concluding that a Medical or Dental Practice which only treats the aforesaid unique individuals, would have a very slow business?

Or is in fact the term "Family" really quite irrelevant in identifying the activities conducted within the building?

You can blame Shinboner Baz for this bit of absurd musing on my part, because of his recent thread asking us to come over here and post some material.

I was out for a walk recently while the trusty Austin A30 was receiving a bit of a facelift through some new tyres (which reminds me can you still get re-treads or is this really showing my age?)

Anyway I stumbled past a building proclaiming out the front "Family Medical Clinic" and also "Family Dental Clinic".

Which got me to thinking are their doctors and dentists who actually refuse to treat patients who are not part of a family? Will they only treat some poor soul whose parents and grandparents are dead, has no siblings, no aunties or uncles or cousins, never married or should I say never partnered so therefore no children (apart from the ones that he or she fathered/mothered through some secret liasion so therefore they do not exist.)?

In which case am I right in concluding that a Medical or Dental Practice which only treats the aforesaid unique individuals, would have a very slow business?

Or is in fact the term "Family" really quite irrelevant in identifying the activities conducted within the building?

Stay away Horace, "Family" as in Cosca, Cosa Nostra, Mafiosi, mate it's the Mafia.....they are trying to warn you to stay away, I would be very careful even posting that sort of s**t on here, I can only imagine what happens in a "Family Dental Clinic". Didn't you notice the the dude with the violin case near the door? Mate, that's not some big, Sicilain, busker. I suggest you walk on the other side of the street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back