Toast Farewell Mike Pyke

Remove this Banner Ad

3436811+_b8cfc1ca855bd0128b602bf0699796f1.jpg

What a beautiful Tweet.

Thanks for the memories Pykey

Not many players have inspired me with their determination to fight through despite criticism/a lack of belief from coaches and supporters. But Mike is one of the greatest stories in AR history in that regard. Stynes-like.

On the mental and the application side of footy life, Mike achieved legend status. :thumbsu:

We wouldn't have won in 2012 without him. After Mumford went down, he was a colossus.

BT hang your head in shame.

Such a class exit. Going to miss you big fellah.

Thank you for your service & dedication to our club. You embraced it and we in turn sure as heck appreciated it. Not near enough credit given for what it took to come from a different sport at that age, I don't think anyone can understand how much effort and sheer bloody mindedness that must have taken. I dips me hat Sir.

Gonna miss:

* those after match machine gun verbal interviews:p that had me hitting rewind about 3 times before I understood what the heck he was saying and the look of utter confusion on Richo's face was priceless.
* those little hand ball gives when ever you took a mark
* those shots on goal, which, while rare and far between were pretty damned accurate
* maturity on and off the field

Enjoy your retirement, and don't be a stranger. With luck we'll see you and Goodesy do a lap 1st home game next year.

Such a class exit. Going to miss you big fellah.

Thank you for your service & dedication to our club. You embraced it and we in turn sure as heck appreciated it. Not near enough credit given for what it took to come from a different sport at that age, I don't think anyone can understand how much effort and sheer bloody mindedness that must have taken. I dips me hat Sir.

Gonna miss:

* those after match machine gun verbal interviews:p that had me hitting rewind about 3 times before I understood what the heck he was saying and the look of utter confusion on Richo's face was priceless.
* those little hand ball gives when ever you took a mark
* those shots on goal, which, while rare and far between were pretty damned accurate
* maturity on and off the field

Enjoy your retirement, and don't be a stranger. With luck we'll see you and Goodesy do a lap 1st home game next year.

Great post. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love ya Pykey! Congrats on a fantastic career. Premiership ruckman & lifelong blood.

On a side note.... Hey BT, Played for your country? No? Got a premiership medallion? No?

So you weren't successful in two codes? At the highest level of each? No?

Not just crossing codes but countries at the same time.

It's clear Mike has easily outdone anything you ever accomplished you pathetic homophobic *&*&"!! Eat your words as the mighty Canadian gets the praise he so rightly deserves as he retires a loved premiership ruckman and you continue to dribble crap with "Darce an the boyz" while looking like a dinosaur meathead footballer from the 80s that thinks he's funny &/or respected.

Love ya Pykey! Congrats on a fantastic career. Premiership ruckman & lifelong blood.

On a side note.... Hey BT, Played for your country? No? Got a premiership medallion? No?

So you weren't successful in two codes? At the highest level of each? No?

Not just crossing codes but countries at the same time.

It's clear Mike has easily outdone anything you ever accomplished you pathetic homophobic *&*&"!! Eat your words as the mighty Canadian gets the praise he so rightly deserves as he retires a loved premiership ruckman and you continue to dribble crap with "Darce an the boyz" while looking like a dinosaur meathead footballer from the 80s that thinks he's funny &/or respected.
Quality post!

Some say Pykey was "not so talented".
You know, I disagree - to pick up AFL at a late stage and carry an important burden for the Swans, plus become a premiership player. To me, that's not just talent, that's also dedication. Special player.

As for Brian Taylor, get a clue you stupid prick. Pyke's success should always be a reminder about what a mouthy waste of space you are. Dickhead.

Kicked 28 goals in 2013. I didn't realise that. Not a bad haul. More in that one year than the rest of his career combined.
He wasn't #1 ruck & was marking them 30 out straight in front but I still completely agree. Fantastic year for him. Imagine if was a genuine #2 ruck & played 60-70% fwd... While I think Tippo is going to turn out to be a great player for us (when he's firing he's sensational) I can't help but think if we'd have kept Mummy over him how good the Mummy/Pyke combo could have been the last few years.......

The real tragedy of Mike Pyke is that there are *all highlights on youtube.

swansfan51 do something!!

The real tragedy of Mike Pyke is that there are fu**all highlights on youtube.

That's because his entire career was a highlight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back