Universal Love FELIZ NATAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Merry Christmas to you all, special shout out to the vendor at Adelaide airport this morning who offered me a free whiskey tasting at 0800 ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a happy ******* new year to all you ####s
Yes. A time to look forward with positivity and enjoy what is to come.

On a side note, the councils seem to be copping criticism for abandoning citizenship ceremonies - well at least on the 26th of Jan.

If memory serves me correctly, didn't this date get enshrined as our national day only some decades ago, not for the past century or longer?
Therefore, why the big palaver about it. It doesn't mark the specific day that Governor Philip actually sailed into Botany Bay that I'm aware of? Or anything else for that matter?

So we could easily change the date to celebrate Oz Day anytime of the year? I'd personally make it during February since there aren't any public holidays in that month, and have it on maybe the second Monday in Feb each year, which of course changes the date every year as well - ala Adelaide Cup day, Labour Day, King's/Queen's birthday, etc.

Personally, I think some activists would quarrell over celebrating Australia Day on any of the 365 days in the year, since it apparently reveres and pays homage to imperialist colonialism, invasion, and subjugation of the original inhabitants, so that's an issue.

I have therefore formulated a position on this conundrum, and decided to attempt to personally celebrate and honour this nation, and celebrate being a proud Australian citizen, on every one of the days in our calendar year (and for an extra day in leap years), in some way or other, and not just once a year, as best I can. That then eliminates specific dates to target for criticism.

Mind you, that probably alienates me from the good books of all but around twenty eight people across the entire country for one reason or another!
But hey, I'm happy to do it on behalf of of everyone else!
Someone has to step up to the plate.
So, yay for Oz. Let's party. Bring on the beers and put the lamb chops on the bbq right now. And tomorrow. And the day after. And......... :D

I have therefore formulated a position on this conundrum, and decided to attempt to personally celebrate and honour this nation, and celebrate being a proud Australian citizen, on every one of the days in our calendar year (and for an extra day in leap years), in some way or other, and not just once a year, as best I can. That then eliminates specific dates to target for criticism.
The Gregorian calendar is an instrument of Western cultural oppression so you're fücked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back