Toast Festive season well-wishes

Remove this Banner Ad

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
If nothing else, it's been a roller coaster this year.

We have brought in some serious talent, and bid farewell to a club legend... but life goes on and there is much to look forward to in 2015.

With the trades, drafts etc all done and dusted, it's time for this mad Saints fan to wind down and enjoy the break.

Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for the entertainment and long winded threads.

May you all stay safe and if having a drink or 2, be careful on the roads. Don't do anything silly and be ready to do it all again next year.

The club needs us more than ever in these dark days... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

A big :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: to everyone for understanding where we are at how much work will be required to get us back up the ladder.

Bring on the NAB Cup and go you Mighty Saints!

Sal

Just wanted to say thanks to all the Saints supporters on here for keeping the faith and stoking the fire.
Even in the depths of winter you guys made life a call-to-arms against injustice, valiant efforts that went unrewarded and downright misfortune.
As we rode the big-dipper (and at times wanted to chuck up) there was plenty to get excited about and someone there to tell.
Loved all the banter, the outrage, the despair, the hilarious stuff-ups, the self-deprication and the discoveries.
Learnt bucketloads about footy, but even more about people, personality and passion.
I've developed an enormous respect for the value in such a forum and the guys who really put in the yards maintaining all this.
Wanna say a big thanks to all the mods (Kildonan, Fred, Armitage2Riewoldt and any I've left out). Hope your eyes get a rest and your minds can refuel after reading all that detail, conjecture, polemics and just plain crap that we put out there in our efforts to be heard and understood.
To all the stalwarts, the key-position players that do the nitty-gritty research and the in-and-under heavy lifting on here (you know who you are), you guys are a force to be reckoned with and make the rest of us look a whole lot smarter.
To all those guys who "liked" other posters' input, your work does not go unappreciated, it is often those one-percenters that keeps the whole thing alive and kicking.
To the increasing wave of new posters who've been reading for a while and just started posting, you are the lifeblood of a healthy regeneration of perspectives and ideas we need to keep growing, supporting our team and each other, and having a robust conversation on here.
To all of those who fly under the radar, keeping abreast of what's happening with your beloved Saints from far-flung countries and local back-streets, we know you're out there and we share your determination.
And to all the Saints players, recruiters and staff who take a sneak peek from time to time just to test the waters.....
..... we love your work! ;)

Seasons greetings to all. A huge thank you to all Saints posters on here who keep us informed and give each of us the opportunity to maintain the passion for the club. Thanks also to the Mods for their ongoing and tireless work they do to keep this as a venue for free, frank and considerate discussion. To those that have posted, exchanged messages, comments, likes, insights, difference, rebukes, or perspective I thank you all. We may not always agree, but my life is richer from being part of the Saints forum. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday period.

I wanted to combine Christmas & StKilda.
So heres a Red, White & Black Santa
blacksanta.jpg
:p
Hope everybody enjoys the festive period:thumbsu:

Merry Christmas to everyone on this board. I haven't been on here for long, but it's been great. The effort you guys put in to keep everyone updated is amazing, and it is very much appreciated. I am looking forward to spending many more years on here. Stay safe and enjoy your holidays

I am excited this year in a new way. The strong years were fun but as a parent and professional, what excites me most is training and mentoring young persons. This is how I see the Club this year and and it is great to see Roo, Joey etc taking this selfless role, putting something back.

Not sure where to post this but ........
Mite not have a chance to write
Merry Christmas and a very safe New Year to everyone , may 2015 bring us all great happiness and something silver with large handles spewing champagne from the top . cheers Gaz
P.S GO SAINTERS !

Merry Christmas to all and I hope all have a safe & enjoyable festive season.

Really enjoy the Saints board, for the content for someone who is so far away from the weekly action, it's great to have informed posters sharing their insight, knowledge & banter!

Look forward to a big year for us all as we follow the Saints in '15.

:cool::thumbsu:

Merry Christmas to all Sainters. We may be struggling on field but this place gets better every year so looking forward to that continuing in 2015! Special thanks to the current and former mods who have done a great job.

Stay safe and let the froffs flow. :thumbsu:

Merry Christmas all. It's been a helluva ride with you all this year. Here's hoping that we all see each other again in the new year. Stay safe over the holiday break, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merry Christmas to all in our extended BF Saints family! Stay safe over the festive season.

Looking forward to a big 2015 for this board again and for the Saints resurgence up the ladder.
Steady as she goes though...... we need a few more top end draft picks yet.

Last edited:
Well Xmas day is nearly over. Im probably waffling on a bit now cos i cracked my first frothie at lunch time and just recently pulled up stumps:p
Had a loverly day with family and friends and ate and drank way too much:D
Just want to say i have thoroughly enjoyed the past yr on this site. I dont really have some of the indepth knowledge of kids in the draft and behind the scenes info as some on here. So i will admit most of my post are a bit lightweight compared to some of the more informative ones on here.
But i loved keeping up to date with all the footy news & gossip this season and there are a few blokes on here who have a ripping sense of humour who's post gave me many a good laugh.
And the mods did a good job of keeping any disagreements in check:thumbsu:
The positive steps that our club have made off field recently have given me great hope for the future:thumbsu:
Hope you all had a nice day.

Happy New Year to all. Stay safe

Hopefully the Saints get a few more wins then last year

Happy new years everyone. This will be my first nye at home in 10 years, the missus is about to pop anyday.

Where's everyone off to? My #1 nye place to be would be magnetic island, followed by yarrawonga. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back