Final Curtain Call - Extinct Actors

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Russell Johnson, the professor from Gilligan's Island. Dead at 89 .

RIP Professor. If anybody wants to make a radio out of coconut shells and things that the tide brings in, you're on your own now.

If I'm not mistaken, only Dawn Wells and Tina Louise are left from the main cast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a shock. In acting terms and this generation, the guy is huge. Sublime actor and a huge loss to the movie going public. I feel a little ripped off as he no doubt had some stellar works left in him and now we will never know.

Terrible for all concerned. He was 23 years clean until he fell off the wagon a couple of years ago.

Apparently he was found with a syringe in his arm-can't link the article cos I've used all my free visits to the age and all the interstate papers too :(
Very sad news.

And multiple open envelopes that contain or contained drugs. Almost seems like he had a psychotic episode and set out to wreck himself.

Very sad news. :(

Gone way too soon at 46.

R.I.P Philip Seymour Hoffman

1888478_10153809017150074_1688530967_n.jpg

The most gifted actor of his generation

OSCAR-WINNING actor Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead of an apparent drug overdose - in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm - inside his Manhattan home.

Hollywood is reeling from yet another untimely drug death, with news of the popular character actor's battles with substance abuse coming as a shock to many.
Hoffman had reportedly been living sober since the age of 23, but had spent time in a rehabilitation facility last year after turning to heroin.

His death - bizarrely coming just days after rumours swept the internet in a sick hoax - has robbed the film industry of one of its finest character actors.

Wow what a sad way to start my week with the news of Phillips Seymour Hoffman's death, one off my favs and I don't have too many of them. For the first time in a long time I just shouted at the radio when I heard the news. Yes he was a sublime actor.

Often wonder why so many actos and muso's go this way...is it a psychological quirk of an 'artist' or is it simply a function of lifestyle...fame, fortune, no day to day responsibility, spare time etc creating potential for addictions.

From my position of no understanding whatsoever this guy has the respect of his peers, fame without being tabloid fodder (until today), the resources to deal with whatever issues should befall him, intelligence and most importantly a family and three children...where exactly does this leave room for an out of control heroin habit???

Wow... just massive in terms of history this one. I didnt even realise that Shirley was still alive.
Shirley Temple Dead at 85
Temple died on Monday at home in Woodside, California, from natural causes. “She was surrounded by her family and caregivers,” a statement said.
“We salute her for a life of remarkable achievements as an actor, as a diplomat, and... our beloved mother, grandmother [and] great-grandmother.
Shirley Temple Dead at 85

Shirley was a genuine star of the silver screen and her talent and good will to all will be missed... RIP Shirley Temple

Good get Dram. One of the very earliest silver screen legends I recall knowing about. Did very well to carve out an impressive career after acting as well.

Her acting heyday was so long ago, that it feels like she should be 100 and long gone. I do remember hearing she was alive a few years ago and hearing about her accomplishments.

RIP. Another from the golden age of Hollywood bites the dust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back