Final Curtain Call - Extinct Actors

Remove this Banner Ad

James Rebhorn, actor in Homeland, Meet the Parents and Independence Day, dies aged 65
During a prolific career, Rebhorn established himself as a character actor in some of Hollywood’s biggest films.

He played the school’s headmaster Mr. Trask in Scent of a Woman (1992) and had roles in Silkwood, Regarding Henry, Lorenzo’s Oil, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Snow Falling on Cedars, Far From Heaven and Cold Mountain.

He also appeared in TV shows Kate & Allie, The Equalizer, Wiseguy, Enlightened and 30 Rock
James Rebhorn, actor in Homeland, Meet the Parents and Independence Day, dies aged 65

Good character actor.

Whoa... did not see this one coming...

Actor Bob Hoskins dead at 71
BRITISH actor Bob Hoskins, known for his roles in films including Who Framed Roger Rabbit, has died at the age of 71 following a bout of pneumonia, his agent says.

The Londoner, who rose to fame in British gangster films in the 1980s and went on to have a long career as a Hollywood character actor, died in hospital on Tuesday night surrounded by his family, agent Clair Dobbs said.

He was a funny bugger when he wanted to be... RIP

EDIT: Just read what he passed away from... and from first hand knowledge, I would like to say that Parkinson's disease is perhaps one of the worst ever neuro-degenerative disease around. There is no cure, even the 'cures' that are out there now are just delaying the inevitable. I understand what his family would have gone through over the last 2 years and I know for a fact that, while they are grieving their loss, a part of them would also be massively relieved that he has passed away. They have my sincere condolences for their loss and my happiness that he has finally passed away and has left his tortured shell behind.

Last edited:
Great post Dramoth, Parkinson's is a dreadful disease.
It is a pity that for all his talent, Hoskins is probably best remembered as the star of a cartoon.

Great post Dramoth, Parkinson's is a dreadful disease.
It is a pity that for all his talent, Hoskins is probably best remembered as the star of a cartoon.
And being on the receiving end of "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"...

"Do you want to see my pants?"

It is with great regret that I announce that Rik Mayell (Rick of the Young Ones and Richie Richard of Bottom and Alan B'Stard of The New Statesman) has passed away at age 56... causes as yet unknown, but all the hints that are coming out is that it is tied to a quad bike accident he had that left him in a coma for a few days in 1998.

While his brand of humour might not have been to everyones tastes, he was a funny bugger.

My condolences go out to his wife and 3 kids.

VALE Rick... you utter utter bastard!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one gets me a bit. Will never forget the feeling of secretly watching The Young Ones when it was strictly forbidden...such a thrill.

Through my teens I'd hang out all week for that glorious half hour on the ABC when Bottom came on...by that stage mum had relented and watched with me. The sort of guy who could pull off a skit about 'The Maj's Vag' and make it seem completely innocent. I'd later watch those Bottom DVD's until they just wouldn't play any more.

A true comedic genius and just about at the top of my 'like to have a beer with' list, vale Rick The Prick.

Last edited:
Way too early. The Young Ones were something from another planet compared to what was on at the time. Absolutely compelling viewing.

RIP (P)Rick. Thanks for the laughs.

I feel a bit gutted today with the passing of Rik Myall. I absolutely loved the Young Ones on a Tuesday night and it wasn't forbidden for me. Him and Ade paved the way for today's comics in so many ways. Hopefully the funeral and wake will be a joyous occasion as they say farewell to their friend.

There wouldn't be any Young Ones if Myall hadn't asked Ben to write the series for him. In fact I saw Ben Elton at a play on Saturday night.
Rik wrote it with Ben Elton and Lisa Mayer (who Rik was shagging at the time :))

Remove this Banner Ad

Back