Final Curtain Call - Extinct Actors

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a been a s**t few weeks... I saw that Eli had passed away yesterday and I was shocked.

The Jewish actor who played Hispanic bad guys in American westerns made by Italians in Spain... brilliant actor.

Kasem was a legend... I got my eclectic musical tastes from both my mum and from him. I remember going to bed on a Sunday evenings in the early 70s just to listen to the American Top 40 with Casey Kasem. I would listen to everything... Crocodile Rock, Tie a yellow ribbon, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (I listened to a lot of Elton stuff back then... the airwaves was flooded with it :))

RIP James Garner (James Scott Bumgarner).

One of my all time favourite actors. He was awesome in The Rockford Files.

Pretty soon... all we are going to have left are guys like Efron and Lautner... god help entertainment when thats all we have...

Thank god for re-runs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, another one of my heroes bites the dust. If you have never seen one of his stand up shows, do yourself a favour and prepare to wet yourself laughing. A true genius.

So sad that someone who brought so much joy and laughter to the world was so depressed he took his own life.

RIP Robin Williams.

Shazbut !!!

He's always been such an intense & tightly wrapped person that it looked like he was incapable of relaxing.

Some comics are very loose & easy going on stage but in their personal life fight a lot of internal demons (complete opposite to their public persona) and it is this yin & yang that makes them such a talented performer.

Sad that he has taken his life in this manner though, still very young.

Goooooooood Morning Vietnam...

What a shock to wake up to. He was always towards the top of my list of favourite comedy actors.

To be honest, I thought that he would have died years ago from an overdose. His long battles with addictions were well documented and I thought that they would have been what killed him.

As Big Sim said, it is so sad that a man so funny could be so depressed.

RIP Robin Williams

PS: I might need to find a copy of the Adventures of Zelda and give it a good run though in his memory...

One of the few actors/comedians who I loved both as a child, and an adult. Rewatching some childhood favourites in passing, so many of his jokes that flew over my head as a kid, made me burst into laughter as an adult.

Not only was he a gifted comedian, but a fantastic all rounder on stage and screen. Not mine - but it sums it up perfectly - "It feels like ive lost my favourite uncle".

Awful.

Can still remember his first appearance on the Don Lane Show where he came out and utterly winged it and blew the audience away.

'Not tonight darling it's my pyramid'

As a movie star, apart from his blockbusters, he pulled out some ripper edgy roles in 'One Hour Photo' & 'Insomnia' with Al Pacino.

Last edited:
Shocked and very saddened to wake up to this devastating news. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Grew up watching Mork & Mindy & loved all of his films.

A once in a lifetime genius has been lost! :(

#NanooNanoo

"You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it." - Robin Williams

BuzsK1NCQAECkAa.jpg

R.I.P Robin Williams :cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back