Switch Fire Emblem: Engage

Remove this Banner Ad

thought it was another mobile game at the beginning...
there isn't a whole lot about this trailer i like. pretty generic & the expanded fanservice cast doesn't do anything for me.

having said that, three houses was one of my favourite games i have ever played so as long as the combat etc is there - which it should be - then it should still be good.

what i'm really hoping for is some expanding on whats already there... more enemy unit types, unique weapons, more spells with utility instead of just using the same 2 spells over and over again. edit: and more maps!

glad its not too far off though! pretty happy

Last edited:
Yeah, similar thoughts here. I love Fire Emblem games, but wasn’t really feeling it with this trailer. I’m sure I’ll still buy and play it, though. Hopefully it has a new mechanic, the school system in Three Houses was great. Gameplay will be good.

Absolutely no idea how anybody can gauge the quality of the game from that trailer of mostly cinematics 🤷‍♂️

Three Houses is easily my favourite Switch game. Excited to see more.
Firstly there’s no battalions that takes away a lot of the immersion already but the gameplay isn’t what I’m too concerned about usually IS do a pretty job there.

I’m more concerned about the themes, story, characters and world building. Ironically with a trailer full of cinematics allows you to gauge that better. Looks like they’ll have a little to no story and a fairly weak justification for their summoning mechanic. The first Three houses trailer off the bat let you know it was going to be about warring nations and religious factions plus the character designs were much better and got me really excited. This trailer doesn’t.

Will be definite buy from me. Probably won’t top Awakening as my favourite FE but still looks like it will be a quality game.

having said that, three houses was one of my favourite games i have ever played so as long as the combat etc is there - which it should be - then it should still be good.
Once I have finished replaying Halo 2, I’m going straight back to finishing Three Houses. I actually haven’t even started the Golden Deer route. I’ve only beaten Crimson Flower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back