Preview First Preliminary Final – Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was really interesting listening to Eddie Mcguire on Triple M yesterday, he honestly sounded guilty.

There is no doubt there has been substantial pressure placed on the AFL to come up with this outcome.

As Danny said there is a feeling that they were humiliated after last week and Toby was very naive to even give the chance for this to happen.

With GWS being AFL owned we are now in a completely screwed up situation. If we go to Appeal it’s effectively to another group of muppets so we will get the same outcome.

If we went the injunction route we would definitely win as the victim statement would eliminate any case but as an AFL owned club how does that even happen?

It would need to be privately funded and who is going to do that and what pressure would they get from City Hall? Time to step up Shep!

Honestly though this appears really untenable and I think we are probably stuffed.

They will get their precious box office GF and continue to manipulate outcomes from Board Rooms...
I’ll pay for it if I have to. I’ve got the cash laying around.

Anything to further rile up the VFL Flogs on the main board.

Character building as a club, we’re gonna have a red hot go on Saturday with or without tobes, lachie and cogs. I’m backing the team that runs out on Saturday afternoon 👌

We win as a team, we lose as a team, c’mon Giants!!!
Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, I come in peace.

Unlucky about Whitfield. The guy is an absolute gun who I'd love in my team. Hopefully his health is ok.

On Greene, I know that priority number 1 is to get him out there because he's one of your best and is a point of difference, but I'm interested to know your feelings towards the player this week? The footage looked pretty sketchy to me, even if it was obvious he didn't get Neale's nose as was testified. Rightly or wrongly, I think the players try to help each other out, but either way I think it was a stretch to suspend him this week. There was something there, but probably nothing conclusive enough for the charge.

However, the consensus of most footy fans seems to be that he should have been suspended last week and I think that's probably right, with the Tribunal having contrived the fine to ensure he was out there. He was very fortunate to play your first final and the Tribunal were never going to be happy with him this week, regardless of the stuff about past history being irrelevant.

Given that you just fell over the line by 3 points despite being outplayed for long periods and that Toby was probably best on ground, despite being lucky to be out there at all, are you guys furious at him for putting himself in that position just one week later? I know I would be if this happened with one of our stars, even if they don't have Greene's checkered Tribunal/MRP history.

He just keeps stuffing up this bloke, which is a shame because he's a jet and is great to watch. What do you guys think it is? White line fever, just a violent and cynical guy, ********, mental instability, idoit....all of the above?

Last year it was kicking blokes, this year it's scratching blokes, there was the stamp on Dalhause when he was at the Dogs. Is it time the club turns the blow torch on Toby and forces him to change, perhaps using behavioural clauses in his contract to fine him for his behaviour, or do they threaten to trade him, or something else? Is this sort of thing already happening?

Again - this has nothing to do with the game on the weekend - I'm just an admirer of his football and am genuinely curious. Because he's simply too good and is probably on too much coin to be missing so much footy for non health reasons.

Will be tough but not completely impossible. Williams to spend more time midfield as he did last time against the Pies. Cumming comes in for Whitfield and Hill for Toby.

Shaw Davis Kennedy
Corr Taylor Haynes
Williams Hopper Kelly
TOJ Cameron Daniels
Lloyd HH Hill

Mumford De Boer Taranto

Perryman Cumming Keefe Reid

He just keeps stuffing up this bloke, which is a shame because he's a jet and is great to watch. What do you guys think it is? White line fever, just a violent and cynical guy, a-hole, mental instability, idoit....all of the above?

Last year it was kicking blokes, this year it's scratching blokes, there was the stamp on Dalhause when he was at the Dogs. Is it time the club turns the blow torch on Toby and forces him to change, perhaps using behavioural clauses in his contract to fine him for his behaviour, or do they threaten to trade him,

:think:

Unlucky about Whitfield. The guy is an absolute gun who I'd love in my team. Hopefully his health is ok.

On Greene, I know that priority number 1 is to get him out there because he's one of your best and is a point of difference, but I'm interested to know your feelings towards the player this week? The footage looked pretty sketchy to me, even if it was obvious he didn't get Neale's nose as was testified. Rightly or wrongly, I think the players try to help each other out, but either way I think it was a stretch to suspend him this week. There was something there, but probably nothing conclusive enough for the charge.

However, the consensus of most footy fans seems to be that he should have been suspended last week and I think that's probably right, with the Tribunal having contrived the fine to ensure he was out there. He was very fortunate to play your first final and the Tribunal were never going to be happy with him this week, regardless of the stuff about past history being irrelevant.

Given that you just fell over the line by 3 points despite being outplayed for long periods and that Toby was probably best on ground, despite being lucky to be out there at all, are you guys furious at him for putting himself in that position just one week later? I know I would be if this happened with one of our stars, even if they don't have Greene's checkered Tribunal/MRP history.

He just keeps stuffing up this bloke, which is a shame because he's a jet and is great to watch. What do you guys think it is? White line fever, just a violent and cynical guy, a-hole, mental instability, idoit....all of the above?

Last year it was kicking blokes, this year it's scratching blokes, there was the stamp on Dalhause when he was at the Dogs. Is it time the club turns the blow torch on Toby and forces him to change, perhaps using behavioural clauses in his contract to fine him for his behaviour, or do they threaten to trade him, or something else? Is this sort of thing already happening?

Again - this has nothing to do with the game on the weekend - I'm just an admirer of his football and am genuinely curious. Because he's simply too good and is probably on too much coin to be missing so much footy for non health reasons.
You can start with not going with the bullshit outrage and making shit up.

Either that or just **** off.

Whitfield out hurts. Greene and Coniglio not playing makes this tough.

hopper, Taranto, Kelly, Davis, Cameron, Finlayson, Haynes, Williams, Himmelburg need to raise their games.

Grundy, Pendlebury, Adams, Treloar, Sidebottom, Phillips, Howe, Crisp will Be hard to stop.

Handy 3 ins for GWS though for the GF if they win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back