Fitzroy Guersey Sponsors

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 10, 2003
The Lions Den
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
fitzroy reds
This might be a bit of an odd one...but one to get the memories clocking back...just been thinking back on sponsors that had their logos on Fitzroy Jumpers...

i just got a new Fitzroy junior guernsey for my little bloke and found an old patch of "Darlington Investment Services" that I got sewn on as well as a VFL patch from an older jumper

Wonder if people care to think back on other sponsors the Roys had on the jumpers

For more Fitzroy chat and memories heres a few that come to mind..im sure theres lots i've forgotten

Nanda
IOOF
Cleanaway
Darlington
Quit

I think youre right..it rings a bell for sure....was wondering if i had confused it with when we were co-tenants? at Vic Park

brings back memories of the Collingwood banner..co tenants or unwanted guests..LOL

From memory, the AFL began sponsorship on guernseys in 1977. From what I can re-call, Fitzroy sponsors have been:
1977-1979 - Amco jeans (correction appreciated)
1980-1981 - Nanda
1982 - Cleanaway
1983-1984 - Darlington
1985-1986 - Hardie Spicers
1987-1996 - QUIT

What about the sponsors on the rear?

I still have plenty of Clipsal stuff from the last year and prior to that it was the corn chips makers, Rositas!

1977-1979 - Amco jeans
1980-1981 - Nanda
1982 - Cleanaway
1983-1984 - Darlington
1985-1986 - Hardie Spicers
1987-1996 - QUIT

Did Fitzroy outlive every one of those sponsors? If not, where can I get myself some Amco jeans?

Ah, a quick Google shows QUIT is still in full swing.

This might be a bit of an odd one...but one to get the memories clocking back...just been thinking back on sponsors that had their logos on Fitzroy Jumpers...

i just got a new Fitzroy junior guernsey for my little bloke and found an old patch of "Darlington Investment Services" that I got sewn on as well as a VFL patch from an older jumper

Wonder if people care to think back on other sponsors the Roys had on the jumpers

For more Fitzroy chat and memories heres a few that come to mind..im sure theres lots i've forgotten

Nanda
IOOF
Cleanaway
Darlington
Quit

Wow - the darlington logo is a rare one - do you have a picture? I'm wondering what colour it was also - my memory says it wat yellow with blck writing - is this correct? Would love to see a photo!

Wasn't there a controversial logo that was on the rear side of the jumper under the player number of electrical fittings group Clipsal in 1996. I seem to remember that the AFL had stated that they ( clipsal ) were not an AFL approved sponsor ?

Wow - the darlington logo is a rare one - do you have a picture? I'm wondering what colour it was also - my memory says it wat yellow with blck writing - is this correct? Would love to see a photo!
You're right. You can make out a grainy shot of it here on Garry Wilson
1983doggies.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back