Roast Foot Locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to make Lions fans get a photo with a black and white striped cardboard cut out shirt, absolutely disgraceful.

Whoever at the Lions approved this should be sacked, as he or she clearly has no understanding of our club. Honestly how could anyone think it's a good idea to promote us wearing the colours of our biggest rivals? Wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who had been brainwashed by AFL propaganda into thinking the Suns are actually our biggest rivals :rolleyes:

Disgraceful. If Foot Locker wanted stripes so badly at least make it maroon and blue. Not the colours and design of our biggest rival (also to whoever thought this was a ok idea - our biggest rival always has been and always will be the Centrelink scum, not the Suns).

Trying to make Lions fans get a photo with a black and white striped cardboard cut out shirt, absolutely disgraceful.

Whoever at the Lions approved this should be sacked, as he or she clearly has no understanding of our club. Honestly how could anyone think it's a good idea to promote us wearing the colours of our biggest rivals? Wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who had been brainwashed by AFL propaganda into thinking the Suns are actually our biggest rivals :rolleyes:

Disgraceful. If Foot Locker wanted stripes so badly at least make it maroon and blue. Not the colours and design of our biggest rival (also to whoever thought this was a ok idea - our biggest rival always has been and always will be the Centrelink scum, not the Suns).
Lock that in, Eddie!

Speaking of Collingwood; I only caught a glimpse, but Holden are brining out a Special Edition Commodore in black and white with the CFC emblem as its badge...can only think of the feral CUB's getting around in those.

If foot locker are paying the club more than $20 for that match day "promotion", it's a good deal.

Sponsors are going to be hard to come by in our current state.

If foot locker are paying the club more than $20 for that match day "promotion", it's a good deal.

Sponsors are going to be hard to come by in our current state.
No it's not. Imagine a company trying to get Queenslanders wear sky blue at a State of Origin match or green and gold at an All Blacks game and see how well that goes.

Money is all well and good, sacrificing the dignity of the supporters isn't. Black and white stripes should NEVER be accepted as appropriate attire at the Gabba. NEVER!

(On another note I am disgusted that some Lions fans actually posed with that thing)

No offence intended, but a sponsor paying the club money is a good thing. The club itself demanded supporters wear all black last year.

The club is in no position to tell sponsors how to suck eggs. Cash the cheque & say thankyou.

No offence intended, but a sponsor paying the club money is a good thing.

The club is in no position to tell sponsors how to suck eggs. Cash the cheque & say thankyou.
I respect your opinion, but would you accept sticking with the paddlepop next year if it meant getting a big-money sponsor?

The club itself demanded supporters wear all black last year.
I thought that was pretty cringeworthy.

I respect your opinion, but would you accept sticking with the paddlepop next year if it meant getting a big-money sponsor?

I thought that was pretty cringeworthy.
At least it's not run by Vincent Tan!

Yeah, interesting question. We're in such a hole on and off field, my honest answer is maybe - if it meant guaranteed money and less reliance on an apathetic AFL, it'd have to be considered, as much as I hate the thought. Similar to Springfield I guess - don't like the thought of moving outside of Brisbane, but if the dollars and cents stack up, and it means getting out of Vlad's pocket, I can deal with it.

Also for changing the club song to this btw. :p

Apart from colour, I don't see how anyone (else) would make a connection between the Footlocker 'referee' uniform and Collingwood:confused:
Did you notice that the Australia Zoo mascot was a ******* Tiger?
Man, bet that made your blood boil.:cool:
Black and white stripes?

Also Richmond isn't our biggest rival (honestly they're only annoying on this site in the bay and on membership threads). The scum are scum in real life.

Yeah, interesting question. We're in such a hole on and off field, my honest answer is maybe - if it meant guaranteed money and less reliance on an apathetic AFL, it'd have to be considered, as much as I hate the thought. Similar to Springfield I guess - don't like the thought of moving outside of Brisbane, but if the dollars and cents stack up, and it means getting out of Vlad's pocket, I can deal with it.

Also for changing the club song to this btw. :p
I'm okay with Springfield, as it is only a training venue. I think with the gym facilities we should let Lions members use them when players aren't (one of the many left field ideas I have to grow memberships).

The only help from the AFL we should try and get is organising a better stadium deal at the Gabba (be in charge of food and drinks, buy out the Gabba members section, better matchday revenues etc). I honestly believe once we get this sorted and get a good administration in place we'd be fine.

We shouldn't resort to paddlepops or getting the fans to pose in scum colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back