PC Football Manager 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone seen this cheap recently? I can't believe I haven't got it yet, I've had it every year since CM3.

after never having patience to have a crack at the a-league, thought id finally give it a go. Won the granny in the 14/15 with Adelaide United, FFA Cup in 15/16, and lost the Grand Final (League) to Wellington 8-2 in 16/17. Had Peter Odimwingie as marquee for 16/17, scored 39 goals in 15 appearances. Also signed Rhys Mccabe, from Sheffield Wednesday, who finished with 57 assists for the year, while scraping in 11 goals too. Can't believe I went down in the grand final though :( Start of the 17/18 season, signed Tim Cahill on a free, paying wages of 600 pound a week. Have Lucas Neill still runnin around too, on minumum wage, best defender I've got so far! Made the hard decision to release Galekovich, who promptly signed with CCM for 2 years. Awer Mabil has won Player of the year 3 years running!

Only crap thing about the A-League is that it is the same 5 managers being thrown around every time one is sacked-
Ian Ferguson, John Kosmina, Joseph Gombau, Kevin Muscat and Mark Schwarzer.
Currently sits as-
Adelaide- me, Brisbane- Mark Schwarzer, CCM- John Kosmina, Melb. City- Ian Ferguson, Melb. Victory- John Van't s**t, Newcastle: Popovic, Perth: Kevin Muscat, Sydney: Ernie Merrick WSW: Gombau Wellington: Currently nobody

I don't think there is anything more frustrating than losing the playoff final on penalties, then your team turning to mush and sitting mid-table the next season.

I don't think there is anything more frustrating than losing the playoff final on penalties, then your team turning to mush and sitting mid-table the next season.

haha thats exactly what happened to Sydney FC in my first season. I beat them with a goal in the 119th minute, Sacked Arnold after the grand final, had Muscat, Gombau and finally Kosmina coaching them in 2015/16 season; they finished 9th haha

Does anyone know any troubleshooting steps when you are dominating possession/clear cut chances but can't win?

Every game is 60/40 possession, more shots, more CCC's, can't buy a win. Sapping my motivation quickly. Any idea's on what causes this generally? Guessing I might have to completely change the positions and roles of my front 3 and see if it changes anything?

Last edited:
Are teams sitting back against you? Should do whip crosses if so.
Yep, definitely sitting back, I came 2nd in the league last season and now everyone just wants to counter against me.

I'm 99% sure I already have whipped crosses as an instruction.

Still feel in this game you need to change your gameplan every 2-3 years.
.5 seasons for your players to get in the groove
1.5 seasons where it's extremely successful
1 season where it's semi-successful as other teams start to counter
Then after 3 you're cooked and have to move on.

I generally change between a 4-2-3-1 possession game and a 5(2WB)-2-1-2 attacking gameplan. Though, in countries such as Germany or Spain I do bring out the 4-1-4-1 counter gameplan to success well (Won the Bundesliga with such with Hoffenheim in my 2nd season with them with that one)

Does anyone know any troubleshooting steps when you are dominating possession/clear cut chances but can't win?

Every game is 60/40 possession, more shots, more CCC's, can't buy a win. Sapping my motivation quickly. Any idea's on what causes this generally? Guessing I might have to completely change the positions and roles of my front 3 and see if it changes anything?

I've been using a 4-3-3, playing as City, in a save this week and it's been brilliant. Possibly the best form I've ever had in a CM/FM, definitely the best in the first season. Just hit new year, undefeated in the league, only one loss (to Atletico in the UCL) and averaging about 5 goals a game. Obviously it helps that I have a great assortment of players but Stevan Jovetic won the Ballon D'or, so you don't need absolute world class players.

I'll post some screenshots below. For the 3 forwards I play the central as a complete forward and the two outside (still a narrow 4-3-3) as deep lying forwards. All on attacking. I play narrow, no width, lots of pressure and a high line.

295270_screenshots_2015-06-02_00001.jpg 295270_screenshots_2015-06-02_00002 - Copy.jpg 295270_screenshots_2015-06-02_00003.jpg

WOW!

Is that your own tactic?

For the most part, yeah. I looked at some tactics on FMBase but I didn't like any of the shapes, they didn't fit my squad. So I made the 4-3-3, borrowed player roles for the defenders and some of the settings but changed it to a more narrow focus since City are light for wingers.

Sold off Navas, Dzeko, Clichy and a few others who didn't really fit the short pass, ultra attack style I like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spud: I want to move to a bigger club (despite my average rating being 6.51 here)

Me: Sure, I hate you anyway. I'll sell you as soon as a decent bid comes in.

Spud: We need to negotiate a contract with a minimum fee release clause so we can define what 'decent' is

Me: Sure, let's start the contract talks.

Spud: I'm not currently interested in entering into contract discussions to my dislike of the club.

campaigner

Played this game for the first time in forever over the weekend. Past me decided it was a good idea to make a modified Australia editor file and current me is all for it :thumbsu:. Basically 4 divisions of 20 teams with a handful of cups etc. Decided to take over the closest club too me IRL and take them up to the top! Combining journeyman with youth is working damn well for me, winning 4 league games, FFA cup match and a League cup match, without dropping a game. Long may it continue!

finished the first season of a pretty fun ajax game yesterday. swept the league with ease., scoring 80odd and conceding <20. had a slightly updated version with included prince boateng being released from his contract etc. signed garbutt on loan, gago and then boateng on a free in november on greatly reduced wages. milik is an absolute monster up top, with 37 goals and 11 assists in all comps. lasse schone wasnt much worse playing behind him with 20 goals and 22 assists. clubs sniffing around most of my players but been able to keep all the guys i want to.

wasn't expected to get out of the group stages of the champions league but managed 5/6 against porto, shakhtar and anderlecht, with a home draw against porto when i'd already qualified top the only blemish. copped arsenal in the 1st ko round and was absolutely outgunned (ha) at the emirates, losing 4-1, but coming back and scoring 4 myself to be 4-1 at the end of regular time too, and then having a heart breaking 119th goal scored by walcott after a massive mistake at the back, underhit backpass etc. disappointed by a great effort from what was mainly a team of kids.

ended up turning a pretty decent profit at the end of the season, but saw that chelsea had finished 7th and madrid 3rd and decided to hold off my contract and check to see if they were available. applied for both, interviewed for both but madrid hired blanc and chelsea hired ancelotti again. decided then to sign again with ajax and got a 21 mil transfer kitty. sold a few non home grown midfielders (serero, gago, gudelj) for a combined 12 mil, and made milik permanent (1.5), with lucas silva (2.9), morne nel (375k), alex telles (9.75), marco van ginkel (4.3), james wilson (loan) and przemyslaw frankowski (550k) the players i decided to bring in.

presume i'll have an easy time in the league again because the 7th placed psv from last season had their team picked apart by other seas clubs. hoping to get lucky with the champions league (expected not to get out of the groups again) and possibly get an easier 1st ko round. warding off the likes of juve and big money russian clubs has been difficult but with the money coming in from the cl it was easier to raise my wages the a good level.

U70EPZl.gif

Best goal I've ever scored.

:oops:
Played this game for the first time in forever over the weekend. Past me decided it was a good idea to make a modified Australia editor file and current me is all for it :thumbsu:. Basically 4 divisions of 20 teams with a handful of cups etc. Decided to take over the closest club too me IRL and take them up to the top! Combining journeyman with youth is working damn well for me, winning 4 league games, FFA cup match and a League cup match, without dropping a game. Long may it continue!
Played two more and still unbeaten. Line up is
Coe
Neville-Generated player-Boogard-Behich
Chinese journeyman
South Korean journeyman- Youth player
Youth player
Matt Simon
Australia's u19 team is ridiculous, given that while I gave the top divison Ronaldo, Messi etc, I gave top academies to teams as well and for some reasons I put add players to playable teams:oops:. As a result there is an bunch of gun 17 year olds. I grabbed 5 guns (2gk, Lm, 2cm) and only the Lm and one gk made it. Least the national team should be in good shape!

Has anyone seen this cheap recently? I can't believe I haven't got it yet, I've had it every year since CM3.
if youre still looking mate, its like $15-16 on Steam i think

:eek:
The final day of the 2026-27 Premier League season. (I'm actually with Cynthia in Italy)

Entering the final day

1. Tottenham 79 (+43)
2. Chelsea 78 (+36)
3. QPR 76 (+40)
4. Manchester City 75 (+24)
5. Everton 69 (+30)
6. Liverpool 63 (+26)
7. Manchester United 62 (+7)
8. Nottingham Forest 59 (+4)
9. Newcastle 56 (-3)
10. Hayes and Yeading 52 (-5)
11. Wigan 45 (-9)
12. Southampton 41 (-15)
13. Stoke 40 (-13)
14. West Ham 40 (-21)
15. Ipswich 38 (-19)
16. Swansea City 36 (-22)
17. Leicester 34 (-29)
18. Derby 33 (-22)
19. Crystal Palace 31 (-27)
20. MK Dons 29 (-26)

3 teams (Tottenham, Chelsea, QPR) in the title fight
4 teams (Swansea, Leicester, Derby and Crystal Palace fighting for survival)
(Nothing in the Liverpool-Manchester United fight as Liverpool can't make Europe. United won the league cup and Tottenham and Sunderland (soz NUFC Tiger ) are in the FA Cup final so Sunderland make Europe.......Despite being 17th in the Championship :drunk:)

So. The fixtures that matter
Title fight
Manchester United (7th) vs Tottenham (1st)
West Ham (14th) vs Chelsea (2nd)
QPR (3rd) vs Liverpool (6th)

Relegation battle
Swansea (16th) vs Hayes and Yeading (10th)
Newcastle (9th) vs Leicester (17th)
Everton (5th) vs Derby (18th)
Crystal Palace (19th) vs MK Dons (20th)

So, the battles in time

Relegation
As all games had begun
16. Swansea City 37 (-22)
17. Leicester 35 (-29)
18. Derby 34 (-22)
19. Crystal Palace 32 (-27)

14th minute Swansea goal
14th minute Everton goal
19th minute Crystal Palace goal
23rd minute Everton goal
24th minute Leicester goal
31st minute Swansea goal
38th minute Crystal Palace goal
45th minute Crystal Palace goal

At half time
16. Swansea 39 (-20)
17. Leicester 37 (-28)
18. Crystal Palace 34 (-24)
19. Derby 33 (-24)

Now the 2nd half
46th minute Hayes and Yeading goal
58th minute Newcastle goal
70th minute Everton goal

10 minute left in the game
16. Swansea 39 (-21)
17. Leicester 35 (-29)
18. Crystal Palace 34 (-24)
19. Derby 33 (-35)

85th minute Newcastle goal

Relegation battle ended
16. Swansea 39 (-21)
17. Crystal Palace 34 (-24)
18. Leicester 34 (-30)
19. Derby 33 (-35)

From 19th to safety thanks to an 85th minute goal.

Now, the title race

At kickoff
1. Tottenham 80 (+43)
2. Chelsea 79 (+36)
3. QPR 77 (+40)

1st half
1st minute - QPR goal
4th minute - West Ham goal
12th minute - Manchester United goal
12th minute - West Ham goal
20th minute - Chelsea goal
22nd minute - QPR goal
23rd minute - QPR goal
30th minute - West Ham goal
44th minute - Manchester United goal
45th minute - Liverpool goal

Half time

1. QPR 79 (+42)
2. Tottenham 79 (+41)
3. Chelsea 79 (+36)

2nd half
57th minute - QPR goal
65th minute - Tottenham goal

Full time
1. QPR 79 (+43)
2. Tottenham 79 (+42)
3. Chelsea 79 (+36)

How tense would that be for QPR fans. If Liverpool score twice, Tottenham win it on GD. If Tottenham score they win it by 1 point. If Chelesa score they go up to 81 points.

For those wondering where the 2014-15 EPL sides are who aren't there anymore
Arsenal - 2nd in the Championship
Aston Villa - 4th in the Championship - playoff final vs Leeds United yet to be played
Hull - 8th in the Championship
Sunderland - 17th in the Championship
Burnley - 8th in League 1
West Brom - 20th in League 1 (survived relegation on goal difference)

Has anyone played England long enough for some no name team making a huge run up the league system?

CPU controlled Eastleigh.

2014/15 - Vanarama Conference - 1st
2015/16 - League 2 - 24th
2016/17 - Vanarama Conference - 13th
2017/18 - Vanarama Conference - 24th
2018/19 - Vanarama North/South - 20th

2019/20 - Tier 7 - unknown
2020/21 - Vanarama North/South - 11th
2021/22 - Vanarama North/South - 1st
2022/23 - Vanarama Conference - 1st
2023/24 - League 1 - 1st
2024/25 - League 2 - 5th