Footy Classified 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

FOUR - That's the number of times Eddie mentioned his club Collingwood when the discussion was not about collingwood on last night's show
If you want to hear Swans content listen to Gerard Healy .....does exact same thing . Any topic/subject gets diverted to talking about Sydney

Aghhh footy classified in full flight this year

Panel discussing dusty retirement ✅
Lloyd saying bombers have turned a corner ✅
Eddie bringing up Collingwood when they aren’t in the conversation ✅
Kane Cornes criticising every coach besides Ken Hinkley ✅
Kane taking a dig at tex walker ✅
Eddie radical plan ✅

How long till McClure links dusty too Gold Coast ?

If you want to hear Swans content listen to Gerard Healy .....does exact same thing . Any topic/subject gets diverted to talking about Sydney

Well, I guess with Sydney being top of the ladder, you would expect more talk about Sydney on a football show?

My point though, was not WHATABOUTISM, it was pointing out the bias of Eddie. He is a child-like PR machine: the kid in class who hasn't learned boundaries and keeps interrupting a discussion to tell about his latest adventure.

Remember when Eddie used to be up in arms OUTRAGED about the academy bidding/picks? He seems so quiet now about that, now Collingwood used some top tier Father/Sons matched bids.

I'll keep the Eddie Collingwood count updated regularly for punters like yourself who are Eddie fans :cool:

Almost with the same frequency as Hodge and Hawthorn.

Aghhh footy classified in full flight this year

Panel discussing dusty retirement ✅
Lloyd saying bombers have turned a corner ✅
Eddie bringing up Collingwood when they aren’t in the conversation ✅
Kane Cornes criticising every coach besides Ken Hinkley ✅
Kane taking a dig at tex walker ✅
Eddie radical plan ✅

How long till McClure links dusty too Gold Coast ?

Has Hutchy suggested an idea from American sports yet?

Caro almost in tears last night about the current state of Richmond.
After criticizing other clubs, she still thinks Richmond have a really good list and won't hear from anyone questioning them :) I think that show needs to make a rule you aren't allowed to talk about your own club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Hutchy suggested an idea from American sports yet?
What is the point of having Hutchy on that show? He pretty much contributes nothing. And while I'm on it, they have a panel full of people who talk over the top of each other and half the time you have no idea what they're going on about.

What is the point of having Hutchy on that show? He pretty much contributes nothing. And while I'm on it, they have a panel full of people who talk over the top of each other and half the time you have no idea what they're going on about.
I still watch the show...despite telling myself not to.

Cant stand sanctimonious Caro; Hutchy is a complete f****wit and Kornes is a dead-set knob. Don't mind Lloyd.

Which brings me to Kornes.

Did he ever, ever make a mistake on the field? Did he ever find himself out of position? Did he ever not chase (not once ever)? Did he ever get outmarked by a smaller opponent? Did he miss a shepherd? Did he ever try to mark when he should have spoilt??

He must have been the best player to have ever played the game.....

I still watch the show...despite telling myself not to.

Cant stand sanctimonious Caro; Hutchy is a complete f****wit and Kornes is a dead-set knob. Don't mind Lloyd.

Which brings me to Kornes.

Did he ever, ever make a mistake on the field? Did he ever find himself out of position? Did he ever not chase (not once ever)? Did he ever get outmarked by a smaller opponent? Did he miss a shepherd? Did he ever try to mark when he should have spoilt??

He must have been the best player to have ever played the game.....
There was a game in 2011 where Hawthorn thrashed Port Adelaide by 165 points; 31-11 to 5-2. He was part of the Port team that day, maybe we could ask him how he went that day :)

There was a game in 2011 where Hawthorn thrashed Port Adelaide by 165 points; 31-11 to 5-2. He was part of the Port team that day, maybe we could ask him how he went that day :)

Lets not forget this is a guy who was fined for staging and walked out of a PAFC Best and Fairest function because he spat the dummy when he didn't win it (he has admitted he did this).

Walked out on his teammates when he got to 300 games.

Tells you all you need to know about him.

Every player at every level makes mistakes. Some worse than others. We get it. It's part of playing a team sport.

He seems to relish in deriding players making mistakes (as does David King). Critiquing players with a 5 second clip of them being caught out of position (as an example) is just low hanging fruit.

But the biggest thing I cant stand is his hypocrisy. Hinkley saved his career and he has always been measured in any criticism of Kern - yet he torches coaches unmercessly at times.

And with JHF.....he showed a clip of him when he was at NM and JHF didn't case as hard as he should have. And Kornes's explanation was that younger players tend to to that. Yet here has was 2 weeks ago criticising Harley Reid's standard of fitness....

He's a 1st class knob.

Wednesday Footy Classified is the better of the two in my opinion.

Four panellists who genuinely love football. None of this clickbait and stupid opinions nonsense. And whilst Eddie and Damo haven't played the game, they are both well equipped to talk about the actual on-field footy, not just the backroom/off-field stuff.

Lets not forget this is a guy who was fined for staging and walked out of a PAFC Best and Fairest function because he spat the dummy when he didn't win it (he has admitted he did this).

Walked out on his teammates when he got to 300 games.

Tells you all you need to know about him.

Every player at every level makes mistakes. Some worse than others. We get it. It's part of playing a team sport.

He seems to relish in deriding players making mistakes (as does David King). Critiquing players with a 5 second clip of them being caught out of position (as an example) is just low hanging fruit.

But the biggest thing I cant stand is his hypocrisy. Hinkley saved his career and he has always been measured in any criticism of Kern - yet he torches coaches unmercessly at times.

And with JHF.....he showed a clip of him when he was at NM and JHF didn't case as hard as he should have. And Kornes's explanation was that younger players tend to to that. Yet here has was 2 weeks ago criticising Harley Reid's standard of fitness....

He's a 1st class knob.
I think he has some of his old man's traits in that he loves to take a contrary point of view for the sake of making an argument. I guess it would be pointless having a panel sitting around all agreeing with each other. Not good TV.

Wednesday Footy Classified is the better of the two in my opinion.

Four panellists who genuinely love football. None of this clickbait and stupid opinions nonsense. And whilst Eddie and Damo haven't played the game, they are both well equipped to talk about the actual on-field footy, not just the backroom/off-field stuff.

The Wednesday night show is a good one when somebody other than Eddie gets to speak.

When the alternative is Tom Morris or Sam McClure, I'd prefer Hutchy host the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back