Fishing For those who enjoy fishing and camping the Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

hagansbull

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2007
Heathcote
AFL Club
Richmond
Did you know, that the Government is considering closing the Nyah to Robinvale part of the Murray River on the Vic side to all Recreational and commercial activaty. Fences will be erected within 5 years and all control will be made up of of a majority of Indigenous members to co manage Nyah ,Vinifra and Barmah forests. Make some noise people before it's to late.

Do you have a link/more details on this? I know that VEAC had originally recommended that camping be severely restricted along the length of the Murray river, but I was led to believe this had been watered down greatly and camping will now be allowed as normal after protests.

Do you have a link/more details on this? I know that VEAC had originally recommended that camping be severely restricted along the length of the Murray river, but I was led to believe this had been watered down greatly and camping will now be allowed as normal after protests.
There is a meeting next Thursday at Nyah I think (will confirm). The Nyah/ Robinvale Frontage Action Group are running a protest questionare that they will be presenting (as many signed copies as they can muster) at this meeting. PM me with your fax# and I will fax you a copy which you in turn can sign and either post it or fax it to the details I provide you with. Don't be fooled, once they shut this down it wont be re-opened for rec activity and they have Robinvale to Merbien and the Barmah forests in there sights as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back