Delisted Lukas Markovic (#947)

Remove this Banner Ad

Played for Willy in a loss to Geelong

5 Kicks, 9 Handballs, 3 Marks, 3 Tackles

Only Dogs player with more possies was an on baller.......

Was also listed as third best for Willy IIRC
Not bad for marko. Is interesting though. We have really started to settle our forward line. Macca gave opportunities to Cordy, Marko and Campbell to make that spot there own. Still up for grabs in my opinion, even thought Campbell seems to be showing the most promise.
Still think Marko could offer any team some depth, just depends if it is with ours next year.
Thing with Marko is that he gives his all. Might not be the most skilful player, but he gives %110 percent every time he plays.

Yes, someone posted on here recently something like 'you don't lose talent' .... and this is a guy who finished 10th in our B&F in his first year, hit with injury last year and out of favour this year. Still managed 5 goals in two games while only spending about half the time in the forward line. Would be great if he could break into the side again but competition is hot, which is good for us.

I appreciate your concern o_O

Go well Marko, good on you for giving your best for the club .......... happy trails.

Psalm 37:37

Mark the blameless man and behold the upright, for there is a happy end for the man of peace.

I appreciate your concern o_O

Go well Marko, good on you for giving your best for the club .......... happy trails.

i reckon he might get picked up by Suns or GWS
they need mature age players

Heard a story about Marko that he was a really talented junior, but had a horrific injury when 16-17 (broken leg I think) and missed over a year of footy. Would have been at least a second round pick.

Thanks for your service Marko, here's hoping you get a gig elsewhere.

Wonder if we'd be offering a vfl spot for him if there isn't outside interest.
Would be surprised if we didn't to be honest - great bloke, solid VFL defender and has a good relationship with the club.

I Hope we keep him as VFl player, he is a very good VFL backman as his pace is not exposed at that level and can be a rock to that defence.

I Hope we keep him as VFl player, he is a very good VFL backman as his pace is not exposed at that level and can be a rock to that defence.
I would also hope we keep him as a defender in our VFL team. Is one of the top defenders in the VFL. Constantly getting in the bests and taking big scalps, just can't do it at AFL level for some reason.
My only thoughts is you would have to think that Saints would want Markovic. They have no one really over 185cm's. Jason Blake this year was there main tall and at times has pinched in the ruck and he isn't that tall. They crying out for anyone to play in the back. I reckon saints will make him a offer.
wouldn't take much to get him. A delisted free agent so no draft pick required, and also could offer him minimum wage. put him on the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see Marko play for Footscray next year. Great clubman, and a very good VFL player.
Wish granted. He's combining charity work with playing for Footscray: Back to the Future for Markovic

Much respect to Lukas for playing at the top level, and I wish him all the best :)

Marko was interviewed on SEN last night on Mark Fine's VFL show. Finey was impressed by how well spoken he was and asked if he would be interested in coaching after he hangs up the boots. Asked if he had any hard feelings about getting the flick from the Dogs and he said he was grateful to them for giving him the opportunity.

From 3:30min

Last edited:
Wearing my match worn Cam Wight #37 today reminded me of Marko
While a few famous names have worn the number, not many used it as their main one. Maybe Ian Bryant? He was pretty good from memory.

37CharliePAGE1938194143113
37RayBROADWAY19561958130
37IanBRYANT1960196916021
37JoeMcGHIE19661967110
37Peter JohnWELSH1968197816592
37HarrySKREJA196919711813
37GlennGINGELL197319764521
37LeePERUSSICH197519794512
37TonyFOX1978197810
37IanRICKMAN198219841110
37NeilPEART1985198595
37StuartNICOL1988198974