Official Club Stuff Stand Alone VFL Team announced - Footscray Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be there for both game on Friday looking forward to Footscrays Debut

I didn't even realise that Whitten Oval had (or still had) lights, but if they're going to start a full intra-club match at 6pm I guess they would need them!

By the look of things at the WO yesterday I don't think we will be charging entry for vfl games. No infrastructure in place for ticketing or fencing & I think it would cost more than it would be worth to put up temporary fencing every time we played.
I actually think it is a good thing too, the practice game had such a great community vibe (kids on bikes, people with dogs, people on the hill with eskis) and keeping it all open to the public will allow that to flourish.
It may even draw more supporters to the club, with local family's stopping in for an afternoon for something to do.

By the look of things at the WO yesterday I don't think we will be charging entry for vfl games. No infrastructure in place for ticketing or fencing & I think it would cost more than it would be worth to put up temporary fencing every time we played.
I actually think it is a good thing too, the practice game had such a great community vibe (kids on bikes, people with dogs, people on the hill with eskis) and keeping it all open to the public will allow that to flourish.
It may even draw more supporters to the club, with local family's stopping in for an afternoon for something to do.
What sort of crowd turned up, many memberships get sold?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with that. Did you go last night doggies ftw. Are you relatively close to WO.
Nah I didn't, about an hour and 15-30 mins by train so couldn't really be bothered heading down for such a short game, next year when I'm driving though I will probably go as it sounds like it was a pretty good night. Going to be good going to a lot more things like preseason training, VFL matches, etc when I get my car!

Nah I didn't, about an hour and 15-30 mins by train so couldn't really be bothered heading down for such a short game, next year when I'm driving though I will probably go as it sounds like it was a pretty good night. Going to be good going to a lot more things like preseason training, VFL matches, etc when I get my car!

Yeah I'm hoping to get my licence to this year and once I get some more confidence driving hopefully ill be able to go out to the WO. Where about's are you?

Footscray VFL V Richmond VFL Practice Match at Whitten Oval on Friday (4:30pm)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...have-you-covered/story-fngnvoeu-1226861385182

FOOTSCRAY
Coach:
Chris Maple (first year)

Last year: aligned with Williamstown

In: Brent Prismall (Williamstown), Jordan Russell (Collingwood), Nick Lower (Western Bulldogs), Lukas Markovic (Western Bulldogs), Will Sullivan (Werribee), Darcy Fort (Werribee), Jordan Keras (Werribee), Will Hayes (Sandringham Dragons), JD Hayes (Melbourne Grammar), David Iaccarino (Western Jets), Mitch Jensen (Calder Cannons), Michael Fogarty (Spotswood), Jase Perkins (Port Melbourne Colts), Todd Finco (Albion), Christian Elliott (Spotswood), Hayden Walters (East Ballarat), Nick Jamieson, Jordan Clarke (Old Scotch).

Out:

The skinny: Footscray’s inclusion in the fixtures comes almost 90 years since it left the VFL’s antecedent, the VFA. The Bulldogs won nine flags in the association. And their recruiting and coaching structure indicate they’re not back merely to make up the numbers. Despite being delisted, Nick Lower and Lukas Markovic have stayed around to become co-captains, and Brent Prismall and Jordan Russell also provide leadership to the first and second-year pups. Emerging ruckman Darcy Fort is a nice pick-up from Werribee, Nick Jamieson built a glowing reputation in the VAFA, and there will be interest in twins Will and JD Hayes: they are sons of champion horse trainer David. There ought be a bark about the Bulldogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back