anyone here collect old footscray footy records??

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
hoping that someone here can possibly assist me.

i am a football record collector from way back, with a pretty good collection.

currently i am trying to collect the full set of 1978 night series records, i currently hold 9 of the 13.

One i am looking for is Footscray v North Melbourne played at vfl park.

If anybody happens to have this, or can possibly assist me in obtaining it, please get in touch

any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

hoping that someone here can possibly assist me.

i am a football record collector from way back, with a pretty good collection.

currently i am trying to collect the full set of 1978 night series records, i currently hold 9 of the 13.

One i am looking for is Footscray v North Melbourne played at vfl park.

If anybody happens to have this, or can possibly assist me in obtaining it, please get in touch

any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

Have you got Fitzroy v Richmond? It's currently on eBay for $15.

I have the record for every H&A, night/preseason, state and finals game I've ever attended, going back to early 70s. And records from significant Footscray/WB games I didn't attend as well, going back to the 60s.

I didn't get to that Footscray v North 78 night game (I did regularly attend night games though) - unfortunately even if I did, I'd only share photos/scans, as my records aren't for sale.

Good luck with the search though. There are a number of regular record sellers on eBay - have bought from them over the years. Maybe try and message them directly via their current items and ask. One I dealt with many years ago had too many to list, so just told me to send him a list of any I was after, and he'd see what he could do.

I'm guessing night series are harder to get though, as most games at Waverley didn't attract huge crowds so VFL wouldn't have printed big numbers.

Have you got Fitzroy v Richmond? It's currently on eBay for $15.

I have the record for every H&A, night/preseason, state and finals game I've ever attended, going back to early 70s. And records from significant Footscray/WB games I didn't attend as well, going back to the 60s.

I didn't get to that Footscray v North 78 night game (I did regularly attend night games though) - unfortunately even if I did, I'd only share photos/scans, as my records aren't for sale.

Good luck with the search though. There are a number of regular record sellers on eBay - have bought from them over the years. Maybe try and message them directly via their current items and ask. One I dealt with many years ago had too many to list, so just told me to send him a list of any I was after, and he'd see what he could do.

I'm guessing night series are harder to get though, as most games at Waverley didn't attract huge crowds so VFL wouldn't have printed big numbers.
geoff

thanks for that

i have the fitzroy v richmond one already, only needing 4 more from night series 78, and 1 more from night series 77

cheers

Lol I had a big cleanup and de-clutter this week and all my old footy records (bar the 2016 PF and GF) are now in the recycling bin outside on the kerb.

The truck comes early in the morning so if anybody wants them you’d better get over here quick smart!

Lol I had a big cleanup and de-clutter this week and all my old footy records (bar the 2016 PF and GF) are now in the recycling bin outside on the kerb.

The truck comes early in the morning so if anybody wants them you’d better get over here quick smart!

There's possibly a bit of value there, your average 1970s h&a sells for $10-15, 80s only slightly less, and so on.

Do your heirs realise dogwatch?! 😲😆

There's possibly a bit of value there, your average 1970s h&a sells for $10-15, 80s only slightly less, and so on.

Do your heirs realise dogwatch?! 😲😆
I can just imagine the face palms when my will is read out …

“And to my wife and children I bequeath my treasured collection of Football Records”

🤦‍♀️🤦🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I can just imagine the face palms when my will is read out …

“And to my wife and children I bequeath my treasured collection of Football Records”

🤦‍♀️🤦🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I've planned for that. Doubt the kids are interested in the contents of my footy collection (most of it is significantly older than me), but I've told them how much it's worth, and written descriptions of each item and how to best realise its value.

Unless I come to my senses and cash it in while I'm still around, and spend the proceeds on the good lady and myself! 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back