Shaun Mannagh (Werribee) - 19
Luke Dunstan (Casey Demons) - 18
Paddy Dow (Carlton) - 17
Harvey Hooper (Port Melbourne) - 17
Jacob Dawson (Southport) - 15
Callum Brown (Box Hill) - 14
Brayden Crossley (Southport) - 14
Oliver Dempsey (Geelong) - 14

Looking at the Top 12 place getters for the Liston Trophy, I think Sullivan's position is about right. In fact, I'm surprised that Jacob Dawson only polled 15 votes for Southport when, stats wise, he equalled Woodcock. I suppose they may have taken votes from each other. Another outstanding performance which we could well take note of was by Brayden Crossley. Considering he's polled more votes than Sweet proves he's had a very good season. Perhaps oddly, he didn't make 2nd ruck for the All-VFL Team; Tom Downie of Williamstown was selected instead. Crossley looks a bit portly to me but he certainly gets around the ground very well and has good disposal. Perhaps he's entrenched up on the Gold Coast but he's still only 24 so who knows.

Last edited:

Any reason why Charlie didn’t get drafted by you guys
I'm not even sure he nominated in the end. Played some good footy for the Knights this year but I believe he's pretty much a carbon copy of his brother. Good skills and athlete but very outside aka soft.

If you guys could just develop him into a prospect next year that'd be great....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez that would be a huge loss for our VFL side, but happy for him to explore opportunities elsewhere if he thinks it gets him closer to an AFL opportunity
Can't blame him. It would be pretty clear by now that the WB aren't going to offer him a senior spot. So he's marking time in the Footscray side. Maybe he can earn a bit more up north even if he doesn't crack a senior AFL list?

There was someone who recently came on the board (last week?) and said that Macpherson was on the move.

Something about him being unhappy that we drafted another player over him? Can't remember who.

McPherson should have been listed.Different player and was improving every game.Need mongral players like him.On field l mean.Libba no spring chicken.l am sure list management has their reasons.And all parties move on .
But pity.
McPherson's always made the bulldogs better.

Amazed they stuck with the same 21 teams. Didn't one stand alone team get absolutely flogged each week and was struggling financially? I always assumed they would drop out.

Likely to be the final year before each AFL team fielding their own stand alone teams, comes back in.

Amazed they stuck with the same 21 teams. Didn't one stand alone team get absolutely flogged each week and was struggling financially? I always assumed they would drop out.

Likely to be the final year before each AFL team fielding their own stand alone teams, comes back in.
Unfortunately both Preston and Coburg have been uncompetitive for years and they really should drop down to a suburban league. We beat the former 161-4 on their home ground this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back