Charles Sutton Medal 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Daniel deserves some acknowledgement.

Much maligned in here this year, but has been thrown into some tricky roles, so finishing 4th in the b&f and winning best team player is a strong result.

With many years left, 8 top 10s and 5 top 5s in the CSM is a great tally.

Fantastically consistent performer.
He was much better this year than last

Didn’t see a huge amount last night because of work, but a thought occurred to me, was as much as KWW is not a good public speaker and has this funny cadence in her speech, but Ameet Bains really is a good speaker. He is clear and to the point.
We were really blessed with Gordon-Smorgon-Gordon for 30 years, those two were excellent speakers, always positive, proud, promoted the club and didn’t get stuck in the ‘poor me’ attitude of the past. Both fantastic ambassadors for our club. Fighters too when needed.
Susan Alberti was also very good when needed as a vice president, pity there was a falling out between her and PG.
KWW doesn’t have this, but hopefully she is a good behind the scenes president and Ameet can be the spokesperson? As Gordon and Smorgon were the spokesperson for past CEO’s who weren’t good publicly speaking.

Whoever ‘Dezzy’ is, sounds like he’s Innes’ heir apparent. He’s designing current off-season programs going by what several of the boys said in media pieces during the B&F.

Was I wrong in hearing them say the votes started with the official preseason game against North? If so, is this a new thing? Would hate for a player to lose a B&F because they missed a practice match.
Didn’t Libba lose to Dunks last year because he didn’t play in the preseason game and there was a big fuss about it?

Ridiculous to count em

Since then, the 30-year-old has finished third, third and second in the Charles Sutton Medal. If the club didn't make the decision a few years ago to award best and fairest votes in practice matches, he would be a two-time winner. Josh Dunkley just pipped him last year after polling the most votes in a practice match that Liberatore missed due to COVID-19.

Votes for practice matches is still the most ludicrous thing I’ve read. Can’t believe they went with it again, surely not again next season

Didn’t Libba lose to Dunks last year because he didn’t play in the preseason game and there was a big fuss about it?

Ridiculous to count em
Absolutely ridiculous. Are we the only club to do it?

Might as well give out votes for midweek training sessions too which are as relevant as a February scratch match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back