Former supporters…

Remove this Banner Ad

….now players.

they seem to point it out now. I don’t know how it has been in the past, but there are a lot of players on the list that grew up supporting us. I wonder if there is a level of tactic involved here. Bleeding brown and gold and all.

I have it as:
Moore
Scrimshaw
Ginnivan
Ward
MacKenzie
Maginness (the nuffie himself)

Western Bulldogs Sport GIF by NAB

Hawk supporters as kids on our list

Newcombe
Stephens
Moore
Scrimshaw
Ginnivan
Ward
Ramsden
Maguiness

Notable players from other clubs supported hawks

Sam Taylor gws
Nick Larkey
Harry sheezel
Bailey smith

Target the 2 big pillars thanks and bring them home

Hawk supporters as kids on our list

Newcombe
Stephens
Moore
Scrimshaw
Ginnivan
Ward
Ramsden
Maguiness

Sam Taylor gws
Nick Larkey
Harry sheezel
Bailey smith

Add Cam Mackenzie

They are all about 8 when we played our recent 4 Grand Finals a significant age to start supporting a winning team.
The threepeat I am sure helped. I wonder how following a team through that kind of success and childhood 'supportership' helps them play in the end. In a way, you could be looking at half of our players in the next premiership team being former supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith

Seems a lot more Hawthorn supporters coming through the system in the last few years. Wonder why??
That 2008 to 2015 core was genuinely one of the more exciting football teams of all time. Would of picked up a lot of converts.

Sam Taylor gws
Nick Larkey
Harry sheezel
Bailey smith

You can add Lachie Whitfield to that list.

While it's a nice idea thinking just being Hawthorn supporters growing up would be a big enough pull it's never as simple as that. Without having the stats I'd imagine the majority of AFL players past and present have quite happily played for other teams and never really seriously entertained the idea of changing to their "former" club for various reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back