FOXTEL Football Broadcast Thread PART2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the big score graphic at centre bounces. What I do mind though is the fact that it remains on screen until a different camera is employed. That is crap. Show it for a few seconds, then once the ball is bounced and before the ruck tap-out, take the graphic off.

Port v Sydney is looking pretty bloody ordinary on my 7Mate simulcast. Surely it's not that hard for 7 to rebroadcast Fox's signal in a decent fashion?

It's terrible. Like watching a 240p youtube video full screen.

Are Foxtel just repaying the favour to 7 and not giving the HD signal to 7?

Really amateurish broadcast of the Dockers-Lions game. Commentators with no idea of player names, camera work was deplorable.

They ended up being bored of the game in that last quarter and just started talking about random stuff. No mention of play-by-play stuff really.

Seems like nothing's ever perfect for BF haha. I definitely prefer it over the old layout. Just some transparency would be nice, I've been getting screen burn in the plasma TV again.

Dennis Commetti saying to mediaweek that apparently only he and dennis are allowed to talk during sevens ad breaks, but no expert commentary from matthews or others. Calls it not giving the good stuff away.

Mediaweek‏@MediaweekAUS
Podcast: Dennis Cometti on "the pause": We now talk, only Bruce and I, 7 don't give the good stuff (Tom & Leigh) away!

This is to Rhett Bartlett or any other FOX Footy exec reading.

On Saturday nights 504 have a live game and then replay the other Saturday night game that is shown live on 501 straight after that.

So far everything is fine. Excellent.

But it is so annoying when Eddie McGuire gives us the running scores of the other game. Why does he do this? It spoils the game for us viewers who want to watch it next "as live".

If people want a score of the other game all they have to do is switch over to 501 and get a score. So why ruin the upcoming game for fans who want to watch both in full consecutively on 504.

For the life of me i can't understand why Fox does this when they are supplying the commentary for the 7.30 game on 504.

In short, stop Eddie McGuire giving the score for the game that is coming up straight after his game on 504.

This has happened all 3 weeks so far.

We want to watch the games "as live" on 504.

Hope you understand what i'm saying here. I could understand if it was a competitor giving the scores away at the other game, but not your own commentators.

Baffling and bloody stupid.

Got to give credit to Eddie for his commentary last night for the St Kilda v Bulldogs game.

He is one of the better footy commentators when he isn't doing Collingwood games. Even though he must have been hurting after watching his team get pumped by Carlton you wouldn't have known it. He was upbeat and generous in his praise of St Kilda and our players.

Much better than Jason Dunstall who seems to have some gripe with St Kilda. He mentioned before the game that he had tipped the Bulldogs to win and then proceeded to only talk up the few Bulldogs players that were playing well and hardly handed out any praise to any Saints players despite us dominating and playing the better football. You could tell he hated seeing us win so convincingly and making him look like an idiot for tipping the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it is so annoying when Eddie McGuire gives us the running scores of the other game. Why does he do this? It spoils the game for us viewers who want to watch it next "as live".

If people want a score of the other game all they have to do is switch over to 501 and get a score. So why ruin the upcoming game for fans who want to watch both in full consecutively on 504.

Agree 100%. There should be absolutely no around-the-grounds coverage during any game. First of all, people may want to watch one game after the other, and secondly, if people view a replay days or years later, or buy the DVD, it is nonsensical to be talking about another game that was happening at the same time.

So Fox Footy, treat each game as a separate entity as if it is being played in a vacuum.

For the life of me i can't understand why Fox does this when they are supplying the commentary for the 7.30 game on 504.

Some people will be annoyed and if they don't people like me will be annoyed. Can't please everybody. How many people are staying up after the saturday night match to watch the other game in full

I think people not wanting to know the scores would outweigh the others. If you really wanna know the score of the other game there is other ways of finding out. There isn't however any way magically blocking out what they're saying about the other game if there's no warning.

Some people will be annoyed and if they don't people like me will be annoyed. Can't please everybody. How many people are staying up after the saturday night match to watch the other game in full

The other game is on Fox's other channel 501 at the same time. If you want a score just flick over to your hearts content.

It is nonsensical for the 504 Saturday night Team to give the scores of the other game.

I think people not wanting to know the scores would outweigh the others. If you really wanna know the score of the other game there is other ways of finding out. There isn't however any way magically blocking out what they're saying about the other game if there's no warning.

This x 1000

And they also shouldn't say "Look away or mute your tv if you do not wish to know the other scores".

Really? You think the people who plan on avoiding all mentions of the other game and watching a full replay would outnumber the people checking scores/flicking over?

Really?

Really? You think the people who plan on avoiding all mentions of the other game and watching a full replay would outnumber the people checking scores/flicking over?

Ever watched EPL on a Saturday night? Apart from the final day (Week 38), the commentators do not go around the grounds, and neither should they.

Should FIFA World Cup commentators discuss scores from other live matches?

Does Channel 9 on Friday nights mention the score from the other Friday night NRL game?

I don't watch enough American sport, but I'm guessing the same applies for NBA, NFL and NHL.

Really?

It doesn't matter if one number outnumbers the other.

The other game is on the other channel.

If you want to know the score , use the remote as much as you want.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for the Fox 504 Saturday night commentary team to give the other games scores.

All they achieve is loss of viewers from the next game. And pissing off a certain segment of their audience who want to watch both Saturday night games consecutively .

I didn't realise they gave away the scores for other games during the coverage, that's pretty much a no no and not needed considering the instant news and multimedia environment we are in now.

Now that we have all games live... why would people want to live under a mushroom in regards to scores at other grounds...

If you want to be kept behind in regards to football... move to WA and watch Channel 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back