Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2007
em dub
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burgers, City
Wondering how many non-hawks like him.
Personally, I love him, is a gun and would go to see him even for non-Richmond games...but I know that there is a lot of hatred for him.

Simple...do you like him or not?

I go to the footy to watch him.
Absolute freak, bit cocky yes but who wouldn't be at 21 & that fu**ing good.

Love watching him when he's not playing us.

When he plays us I hate him like I do any other player though (Well probably more since he's a freak).

Wasn't a fan at all, wasn't impressed with his arrogance on the field. That was until his footy show interview. Completely turned me around on him. Now, even playing Essendon, i'm annoyed when he slots through his 8th but am able to admire the player that he is.

And he could have been playing for the Tiges NOW, if Miller and Terry didn't stuff up the draft pick selection. :)
And Joel Selwood could have been playing for the Blues NOW, not to mention Scott Pendlebury and Trent Cotchin.:)

Franklin is fine - confident, but sensible. The only "dumb" ones here are the Tiges for choosing Tambling over Franklin. :)
And Carlton for taking Gibbs over Selwood, Murphy over Pendlebury/Higgins/Ryder and Kruezer over Cotchin/Palmer/Rioli.:)

Interesting to hear some people's perception on Buddy. I often wonder why people think he is arrogant and I hear alot question his temperament too. I have never seen him lose his cool on the footy field. The amount of frees he has paid against him would send alot of players off the handle. He just laughs it off and gets him self up for the next contest. Seeing several interviews with him, he seems like a normal 21 year old that can't understand all the fuss. He almost seems embarrassed by the media attention.
Just my perception of course. People can think what they will. I am just glad he is in a Hawthorn jumper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An overused cliche but one of the few players that you would genuinelly go to the footy to watch - genuinelly love watching him play

easy to bag others when your unlisted you flog.
unlisted, unwanted, uneducated & unwashed!
That is so uncool:thumbsdown:

See I can put "un" on a few words to bag someone for having an opinion

But on topic and before this turns into a "How shit is tambling thread" I definitely love Franklin.

Love the way he goes about his footy and he also that bit of arrogance witch seems to have vanished from our game.

Back