Freeman

Remove this Banner Ad

While we would all love to see a fit and firing Freeman I'm not holding my breath. Remember the old 3-4 weeks away for a full 16 rounds? Then MR fitness comes out and says it was the worst tendon injury HE HAD EVER SEEN? So why the lies? Why wasn't it listed as indefinite? CAn't trust much of anything coming out of the Westpac centre... Lots of incompetence at every level.

While we would all love to see a fit and firing Freeman I'm not holding my breath. Remember the old 3-4 weeks away for a full 16 rounds? Then MR fitness comes out and says it was the worst tendon injury HE HAD EVER SEEN? So why the lies? Why wasn't it listed as indefinite? CAn't trust much of anything coming out of the Westpac centre... Lots of incompetence at every level.

Your really quite negative about things aren't you?

Your really quite negative about things aren't you?

Actually no, it's only since I've begun to witness this great club tear apart at the seams. Believe it or not but Buckley was my childhood hero. I had his number stitched to my back a few years after he arrived from Brisbane... Loved him and admired him as a player and was excited when the Malthouse/Buckley deal was announced. Since then I have lost all faith in the board, coach and CEO. Unfortunately it's hard to accept for most people on these forums but history tells us favourite sons don't make great coaches. More recently their has been lots of support for Voss at Brisbane, Hird at Essendon, Ratten at Carlton and now Buckley at Collingwood. There is nothing I would enjoy more than seeing Buckley raise that cup, not for the club or myself but for his guts and determination in leading our team throughout the late 90's early 2000's without tasting the ultimate success. It's make or break next year for Buckley but he has to start being transparent with supporters. It's his decision to keep Daroven but i would hate to see Buckley fall on his own sword because he did not make the correct call on this guy. Let's see. I am still confident Daroven will get the sack over the off-season for his glaring incompetences that so many supporters are trying to ignore.

Last edited:
Actually no, it's only since I've begun to witness this great club tear apart at the seams. Believe it or not but Buckley was my childhood hero. I had his number stitched to my back a few years after he arrived from Brisbane... Loved him and admired him as a player and was excited when the Malthouse/Buckley deal was announced. Since then I have lost all faith in the board, coach and CEO. Unfortunately it's hard to accept for most people on these forums but history tells us favourite sons don't make great coaches. More recently their has been lots of support for Voss at Brisbane, Hird at Essendon, Ratten at Carlton and now Buckley at Collingwood. There is nothing I would enjoy more than seeing Buckley raise that cup, not for the club or myself but for his guts and determination in leading our team throughout the late 90's early 2000's without tasting the ultimate success. It's make or break next year for Buckley but he has to start being transparent with supporters. It's his decision to keep Daroven but i would hate to see Buckley fall on his own sword because he did not make the correct call on this guy. Let's see. I am still confident Daroven will get the sack over the off-season for his glaring incompetences that so much supporters are trying to ignore.

It's going to take a little longer is all. Bucks won't let us down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually no, it's only since I've begun to witness this great club tear apart at the seams. Believe it or not but Buckley was my childhood hero. I had his number stitched to my back a few years after he arrived from Brisbane... Loved him and admired him as a player and was excited when the Malthouse/Buckley deal was announced. Since then I have lost all faith in the board, coach and CEO. Unfortunately it's hard to accept for most people on these forums but history tells us favourite sons don't make great coaches. More recently their has been lots of support for Voss at Brisbane, Hird at Essendon, Ratten at Carlton and now Buckley at Collingwood. There is nothing I would enjoy more than seeing Buckley raise that cup, not for the club or myself but for his guts and determination in leading our team throughout the late 90's early 2000's without tasting the ultimate success. It's make or break next year for Buckley but he has to start being transparent with supporters. It's his decision to keep Daroven but i would hate to see Buckley fall on his own sword because he did not make the correct call on this guy. Let's see. I am still confident Daroven will get the sack over the off-season for his glaring incompetences that so many supporters are trying to ignore.

Got news for you. Bucks doesnt hire the fitness staff.

Not sure it is Buckley's call on Daroven. I would think others such as the CEO and Board may have more to say on these matters. Buckley is the coach of the team, he doesn't run the whole show.

Mate like Kirby you seem to following me around everywhere quoting my posts. There is an ignore button. id much prefer you use that.

I don't follow you around you just spout the same negative crap on every thread. We all know your opinion and it is the same points you make on every issue. If I don't agree I will comment.

With our luck he will have a full preseason and get injured in the NAB cup.

Really hoping he can play at least 11 games in the AFL next season. We have players like J.Thomas and Adams who play the same position as Freeman would and I am expecting them to take the next step especially Thomas. If he does not improve after a few pre seasons under his belt we need Freeman available.

It's going to take time but we have three players coming through who can replace Luke Ball in the future.

Sack everybody !!!
Let's be like Melbourne.
Or do we take the calm measured path back success?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back