Review Fremantle d Adelaide by 11 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

I think all this talk of Dangerfield single-handedly keeping them in it is nonsense. Fyfe single-handedly kept us in it. Neale, Mundy, Barlow, Pearce, Pearce and Hill (apart from the last quarter) all had quiet games compared to their output this year so far.

Barlow's goal got me out of my seat!

Can't say much that hasn't already been said, although I haven't read the whole thread. Great game for us supporters to watch, very entertaining.

Kudos to the coaches to allow the Fyfe/Dangerfield match up. I suppose from a coaching point of view, they were cancelling each other out, neither one 'winning' over the other.

I thought we were shot there for a while. We really struggled to adapt to the weather. In the third I was thinking this is the end of our run.

To see our boys back themselves and find their wet weather game was great. The feeling when we hit the front again was one of the highlights of 2015 so far for me.

Betts was all on his own after sneaking on from the bench & would hav waltzed into goal.

Followed by a crowd moment of Eddie 'the chosen one' standing arms out stretched in wide eyed wonderment
"wow guys did I really do that" aww shucks "sit down.......all of you......please"
The self serving slant from local media would have anybody thinking "geez Freo were lucky it rained". :rolleyes:
On a dry deck you would have pants'ed 'em.

Forgive the intrusion guys - just wanted to say congrats - that was probably the best match to watch this season bar none. We can all criticise various performances on both sides - and yep its happening on our board as well - but it was a truly great game to watch. The Fyfe-Dangerfield combat all night was absolutely memorable - haven't seen anything like it in years. Congrats and good luck last week in September.

Was an average game to be at last night really due to the inclement weather. Skills were down, although Adelaide have a lack of skill anyway especially without Sloane, Douglas and Smith. Dangerfield is so overrated its not funny. I think the commentators just see him get the ball, immediately go blind from the jizz in their eyes and don't actually watch what he does with it. Not only that but his defensive ability is embarrassing. Everyone from Adelaide to New York knows that Danyle Pearce only has a left. So what did Dangerfield do on the Mark? Guarded his right and then when Pearce took off he didn't even bother.

Crows had a very lucky night last night, like the Bulldogs did against us when we just pipped them. Eddie Betts wasn't aiming for goal and it worked, he was just putting it in the path of Cameron. Yolmen's snap managed to fluke its way through as well.

One of the worst things though is when the Crows have a close loss or a win and you just don't stop hearing about how awesome their 5 game players are and how they'll be the greatest ever. God damn it was so annoying to hear in the stands. Lever played on Taberner in wet conditions... and suddenly he's Silvagni reincarnated because he "towelled" up a guy who's played less than 50 games in the wet. I mentioned that he was an average kick (about 20 seconds before he missed a target which almost cost the crows) and the people around me went nuts at me, 20 seconds later of course they were all silent.

Oh and Phil Walsh's defensive game plan is so ******* boring. Loose man in defence... ugh, go back to being an assistant you hack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tabs was involved in the first two goals. A nice loose ball get and dish off and then Ballas roved brilliantly at his feet as he was spoilt in the contest. Then it rained. The mids kicked high to him rather than low and boundary side. He has to play every week as you always sub a tall off if you go in too tall.

I was out with my husband and another couple, and we unfortunately ended up somewhere they had the gane on. Foolishly, they sat me where I had a direct line of vision to the TV. I was no longer coherent by the second half of the third quarter, and they'll probably never invite us out again. o_O

I was worried we wouldn't pull it out, was expecting Ross to tell the guys to revert to the 2013 game plan which killed Adelaide in the wet, or expecting the boys to make the adjustment themselves. We had a bit of luck that Adelaide were poor in front of goal and left the door open, although credit to us that we put them in difficult positions from which to take their kicks.

The best part is that the team stood up when their backs were to the wall and just plain wanted the win more, I think. It gives belief that they can impose their will onto the contest under pressure, as well as shows that despite being on top of the ladder, they know that they're still very much the hunters and are staying hungry.

Just worried that we'll be flat vs Richmond next week, even if we both have a 6 day turn around. Also... What's this about Sonson and a groin issue?

I thought Lever showed very good composure, was very impressed by him.

I've had $5 on him to win the rising star award this year after seeing his first game for the crows, he really looks the goods. Managed to get him @ $51, he's now $21.

Was a great game to watch, as much as we love the grind and coming out on top after wearing them down, i felt we weren't going to win this one when the rain came down, but we still soldiered on and went in harder in a few instances.

Highlights for me, Sandilands tackle on Dangerfield, Barlow's goal, a few marks from Fyfe that made the ball look dry, Suban's mongrel comes in handy in the wet.

Was an average game to be at last night really due to the inclement weather. Skills were down, although Adelaide have a lack of skill anyway especially without Sloane, Douglas and Smith. Dangerfield is so overrated its not funny. I think the commentators just see him get the ball, immediately go blind from the jizz in their eyes and don't actually watch what he does with it. Not only that but his defensive ability is embarrassing. Everyone from Adelaide to New York knows that Danyle Pearce only has a left. So what did Dangerfield do on the Mark? Guarded his right and then when Pearce took off he didn't even bother.

Crows had a very lucky night last night, like the Bulldogs did against us when we just pipped them. Eddie Betts wasn't aiming for goal and it worked, he was just putting it in the path of Cameron. Yolmen's snap managed to fluke its way through as well.

One of the worst things though is when the Crows have a close loss or a win and you just don't stop hearing about how awesome their 5 game players are and how they'll be the greatest ever. God damn it was so annoying to hear in the stands. Lever played on Taberner in wet conditions... and suddenly he's Silvagni reincarnated because he "towelled" up a guy who's played less than 50 games in the wet. I mentioned that he was an average kick (about 20 seconds before he missed a target which almost cost the crows) and the people around me went nuts at me, 20 seconds later of course they were all silent.

Oh and Phil Walsh's defensive game plan is so ******* boring. Loose man in defence... ugh, go back to being an assistant you hack.

Wow

I think all this talk of Dangerfield single-handedly keeping them in it is nonsense. Fyfe single-handedly kept us in it. Neale, Mundy, Barlow, Pearce, Pearce and Hill (apart from the last quarter) all had quiet games compared to their output this year so far.
I respectfully disagree.

To my eye, if we were playing a different team without the contested bull like Dangerfield we would have belted them. As soon as Dangerfield went to the bench we went bam bam and put the game away.

With that in mind, we should look to secure him. Dangerfield at Hawthorn will be a big problem for us. Dangerfield at Freo means we actually can rotate him and Fyfe forward, expect a less talented defender to do a better job due to the lack of clean clearances and it would mark the moment Freo turned around the issue of getting top talent across.

As long as his body is up to it.

Brilliant effort by both teams. Everything has been said, but the only negative was our failure to have a small at the back of the pack when it rained. Ballas was still front and centre. One goal came from that position ( off Tabs) but maybe half a dozen of our forward entries went over/ through the pack while it was wet. We should have adjusted quicker. Only negative though.

Clearly you watched a different game to me. Who won your game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back