Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Instead of hijacking several other threads and making them off topic probably best to consolidate information into one as it has a bit of a broader spectrum than ''Do we trust Bevo'' and ''what are the media saying?''

Ill break this down into two categories and I'll keep it updated as much as I can.

• Facts:
  • Somehow Bevo keeps his job
  • Somehow Grant keeps his job
  • Somehow KWW keeps her job
  • New coaches appointed - Matt Egan, Daniel Pratt, Daniel Pratt, Jarryn Geary, Alex Jonson

Now we wait...

Last edited:
I'm sure others had been musing (along the lines that I have) that the only thing that could bring about drastic change would be if the players took action.

For that you need the captain to take the case up the line (or to walk, as in 2014)

Sounds like that might have been pivotal to recent developments.

What we don't know is what was said. Might there have been a risk of key players departing?

Why is Bevo paid out his full contract and not 6 months if terminated?

I thought the extension was crap but gave it a pass to keep the media at bay given this rule was in place. If he’s owed the entire amount somehow, that is absolute utter negligence by the club and the people who put it in place.

I thought the extension was crap but gave it a pass to keep the media at bay given this rule was in place. If he’s owed the entire amount somehow, that is absolute utter negligence by the club and the people who put it in place.
The six month rule you have to apply for and it seemingly only applies to clubs in debt / basement dwellers, we are neither.

''The new AFL rule stipulates that every contract exceeding $215,000 struck with coaches and staff at debt-ridden and AFL-assisted clubs must be approved by Auld and include a settlement of no more than six months. AFL executives, albeit on massive wages to be reviewed due to the cost-cutting, work under the same conditions.''

The six month rule you have to apply for and it seemingly only applies to clubs in debt / basement dwellers, we are neither.

''The new AFL rule stipulates that every contract exceeding $215,000 struck with coaches and staff at debt-ridden and AFL-assisted clubs must be approved by Auld and include a settlement of no more than six months. AFL executives, albeit on massive wages to be reviewed due to the cost-cutting, work under the same conditions.''
We genuinely have a bunch of monkeys running the football operations of this club. I've said it before but it's akin to that of a local football club where a group of mates run the shop and gain control of the club.

Because it's a problem of our own making.

One brought about by a board that was spooked into making a call early when the media started speculating about Beveridges future.

Genuine question and not an accusation of trolling or that anyone is making stuff up.

How do we know that the stuff listed as concrete actually is?

Has it been reported in the media?

Is there someone in the know on here?

Again, genuinely curious and asking.
BulldogMuscle and Smiley Boy both have a good history of accuracy.

Genuine question and not an accusation of trolling or that anyone is making stuff up.

How do we know that the stuff listed as concrete actually is?

Has it been reported in the media?

Is there someone in the know on here?

Again, genuinely curious and asking.
I consider it concrete if I've heard it from two separate sources and the information is both pretty much the same. I have contacts both within the Dogs and outside in the football community.
There are also at least 3 ''ITK'' posters who message me regularly, two who are super prominent posters (10k+ posts) who refuse to comment about this stuff publicly due to the amount of backlash that sometimes is thrown towards leakers here, I don't mind copping it on the chin if people don't want to believe/think it's trolling, it's an internet forum after all.

Two issues for me stand out re the above:

Lade has been here for 1 year and already wants out because of Bevo. Can Luke work with anyone except sycophants? It still smells to me like bringing in anyone with experience, and therefore an opinion that may vary from Luke’s, is likely to hit the same wall. Maybe not but there is a track record of stubbornness that suggests it might be a key issue.

Why is our CEO only changing tack this late and why wasn’t a proper review done previously? We’ve been screaming for a review and if it had been properly handled we might not have even reached this mess and wasted another year of our best late 20’s players careers. We can’t get this time in their careers back and it’s incumbent on the club to act quickly for their sakes as much as the supporters. Getting close to negligent or at the very least the due diligence requirements I would have thought they must have, seem to need tightening to me.

Hope Gordon gets in there and cleans house.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of hijacking several other threads and making them off topic probably best to consolidate information into one as it has a bit of a broader spectrum than ''Do we trust Bevo'' and ''what are the media saying?''

Ill break this down into two categories and I'll keep it updated as much as I can.

More concrete (Via various different sources, both inside and outside the club, i trust it enough to put it here)
  • Up until about a month ago, KWW/Ameet/board were all very much ''Bevo has the safest job in football''. The decision to extend Luke's contract another 2 years was a unanimous decision by the board, president and CEO, no one thought it would recieve the backlash that it did, as I'm told some members were even ''surprised'' how the media was harping on about ''why sign him now''..
  • We did do an internal review last year headed up by Ameet but by all reports it was fairly half-assed and the conclusion was ''more help for Beveridge''
  • Losses to Sydney, GWS and Hawks have started to change the tune of some of our stead-fast board members
  • David Smorgan has started airing his concerns to old friends at the club
  • Peter Gordon earlier in the year scoffed publicly (well, at a Gordon Legal party) about how poorly the Dogs are doing / how disappointed he is with how the club is being run / doesn't think Bevo is the right man for the job anymore - This was witnessed by a few people including a current sitting board member, this got back to Bevo and others at the club and got some noses very out of joint
  • Change at both coaching and board level was going to happen at the end of this season regardless of season outcome, this was a conclusion made early in the season.
  • After Hawks loss PG has sent off some very nasty messages to a number of higher ups at the club airing his disgust and questioning ''what is going on at his beloved Dogs?''
  • Bont was ''inconsolable'' and ''The most pissed off anyone has seen him'' after the Hawks loss, had a 1:1 meeting with Ameet not long after the loss.
  • Ameet's tune about Bevo has seemingly changed over night.
  • Ameet (with backing of the board) was the one to instigate the firing of Rohan Smith. Rohan doesn't have as bad of health issues as Bevo and co have made out, he can fully function day to day. He was fired over text message, something I strongly, strongly disagree with. I cannot say if Rohan wanted to continue on coaching / Bevo wanted him to stay on (Smiley Boy will have the insight here)
  • The plan before the loss to the Hawks was to completely clean our assistant coaching ranks and bring in the best we can, even going over soft cap to do so just to stabilize the ship and get us where we want to be (the club strongly believes we are in the window).
  • We would have to pay out Luke's entire contract if we decided to get rid of him early, currently that's until the end of 2025.

Less Concrete
  • Since the Hawks loss, Ameet is gunning to also replace Luke but doesn't have the support to do it
  • Talk of a board spill due to some Beveridge die-hards who want to keep the status-quo, possibly spearheaded by an old President
  • Mat Inness will be moved on at the end of the season
  • Lade will also be leaving during this off season, big personality clash with Bevo, his contracted for one more year but if he finds something elsewhere the club won't stand in his way.
  • Webb is going back to WA
  • If the above two things happen, our only remaining assistant coach is Matty S, the memes write themselves
  • Bevo's contracted money is finally thinning out allowing us more cash to throw at assistant coaches (Was front loaded)
  • Chris Grant is selling the house his lived in for the last 400 years, might be moving on??? (pure speculation)
  • We've asked Leon Cameron (again) to come on as an assistant
  • We've asked Stewy Dew to come on as an assistant

I'll keep this updated as I get information sent my way. A week is a long time in football, things can change farking quickly.
Good news, feels well overdue though. I'll be extremely disappointed though if the CEO is not made responsible for the mess we are in. Serving on the Board, he is the one providing advice on key football decisions. The really poor effort at the review last year was his doing and despite calls from fans for it be comprehensive, he led from the front saying it was not necessary.

Really at this point we need someone from outside the club to take stock of our operations and with critical recommendations on what we need to maximise our chances of being a successful club.

Love the idea that we’re after Dew and Cameron. Hopefully we can jag one or both.

Also, that’s damning if Lade clashed so hard with Bevo seeing as he was brought in as a more senior head to challenge and absorb some of Bevo’s responsibilities.

Just the idea of bevo leaving and having such a large scale change at the club is exciting. I need to break out of this funk and something drastic will hopefully make that happen.

I also think we’ve got great talent and that could attract a decent number of good coaches.

Intrigued to see how the coming weeks play out!

I would have hoped that our club was more process-driven and less emotion-driven than overreacting to narrow losses. If a ball bounces a different way in any of 3 games, we have one more win and are basically secure in finals, yet that would have been a reflection of literally nothing different about the club - the footy department would have been identical.

Losing sucks. Winning helps you get a better ladder position to help us win a flag. I get that. But whether the footy department is taking the right steps to give us the best chance to actually win the flag before randomness takes over is basically identical if we'd win two more games or not. For instance, if the AFL fixturing had been kinder to us, (we have some of the worst in the league) we could have won 2 or 3 more games even though it's not really a reflection of anything in our control.

And on top of everything, we're still more likely than not to make finals - a position that we weren't in with two remaining games in some of the recent years that we did actually make finals. Surely the higher ups keep this s**t to themselves until the season is actually done, given that this can only influence the performance for the team in the finals itself (and thetefore become a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts).

Wasn't there a rumour that Ameet was headed elsewhere too? Hawthorn or something?
Not sure if any substance in it but I'm pretty sure I read it here.
You'd have to assume he's staying on at this point. If he was heading off in the next couple of months, I highly doubt he'd be a leading a charge for a head coaching change. It would almost be a caretaker role at this point.

I would have hoped that our club was more process-driven and less emotion-driven than overreacting to narrow losses. If a ball bounces a different way in any of 3 games, we have one more win and are basically secure in finals, yet that would have been a reflection of literally nothing different about the club - the footy department would have been identical.

Losing sucks. Winning helps you get a better ladder position to help us win a flag. Whether the footy department is taking the right steps to give us the best chance to actually win the flag before randomness takes over is basically identical if we'd win two more games or not.
It's not about the bounce of the ball in one game or one or two losses that could easily have been wins and thus a comfortable spot in the finals. It's not even about one season. Never has been.

You need to zoom out a bit and look at a recurrent pattern of erratic performance over most of the last 7 seasons.
You might not agree of course, but that's what has been of concern to a lot of us here.

If we'd been process driven we would have identified these things earlier and dealt with them in a timely and calm manner rather than have to go into crisis management mode for the second time in a decade.

It's that sort of management that makes the club an object of derision ... and maybe makes good people wary about coming on board.

Wasn't there a rumour that Ameet was headed elsewhere too? Hawthorn or something?
Not sure if any substance in it but I'm pretty sure I read it here.
I heard that last week he told them ''thank you but no thank you'' although have not been able to confirm that other than one source on here.

It was reported Bains turned down the Hawks. Not saying the ceo job was his, but I guess they wanted him in the process at a minimum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back