Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to forget the ANZAC Day clash v Richmond at the G where we kicked 10.3 to 0.3 in the first qtr then only just held on to win by 2 pts
I was there too. I was just starting to really notice the footy, my old man was in awe of Jim Edmond that day and commented on how he was able to bring others into the game.

I was there too. I was just starting to really notice the footy, my old man was in awe of Jim Edmond that day and commented on how he was able to bring others into the game.
Jim kicked 5 I think in the first quarter and gave a couple away with bullet passes to Beasley. I wasn't there but if I recall correctly a couple of radio stations doubled up on other games and there was only around the ground flash scores of the Dogs match that day. Hated it when the game was on 3UZ, they would cross over to Don Hyde and he would give 30 seconds commentary before they crossed to a race. Even when we kicked that record score in 1978, it was on 3UZ, only got flash scores.

Don't know if this is the right thread but...
Why isn't Bevo being hailed as a genius for dropping Dale and turning him back into an All-Australian!?
You mean the same genius that played a norm smith winning halfback (JJ) as a forward pocket experiment for 2 years, nearly killed his career and then finally put him back to half back ? 🤣🤣

You mean the same genius that played a norm smith winning halfback (JJ) as a forward pocket experiment for 2 years, nearly killed his career and then finally put him back to half back ? 🤣🤣
That same Norm Smith Medalist couldn't get a kick in a bar fight after being targeted by opposition teams and we needed to make changes one of which resulted in Dale moving back and JJ forward. I'd argue playing some time as a defensive half forward has made JJ a better defender since moving back and now with Dale and the emergance of Ed Richards we have more attacking options as well.

That same Norm Smith Medalist couldn't get a kick in a bar fight after being targeted by opposition teams and we needed to make changes one of which resulted in Dale moving back and JJ forward. I'd argue playing some time as a defensive half forward has made JJ a better defender since moving back and now with Dale and the emergance of Ed Richards we have more attacking options as well.
You're right in what you're saying. But he couldn't get a kick in the forward line either.
If we had any selection integrity back then, he should have been dropped.

We have to remember that players aren’t robots . We don’t always know what little injuries they have, what’s going on in their private lives & in their heads . It’s a brutal game & some players have more peaks and troughs than others.

I haven’t given up on CD just yet .

I love the commens about why isn't he playing x player as a half back. It even got a run on Footy Classified a couple of weeks ago.

It only misses the issue of having Richards, Dale, JJ and Daniel all as AA quality half backs. Are we supposed to play all of them and no actual defensive players?

I love the commens about why isn't he playing x player as a half back. It even got a run on Footy Classified a couple of weeks ago.

It only misses the issue of having Richards, Dale, JJ and Daniel all as AA quality half backs. Are we supposed to play all of them and no actual defensive players?
Shhhhhh you’re making too much sense.

Buckley got him good the other day when he said McRae got praised for making Sidebottom and Crisp the subs, why is this different? Blabbered about them being more out of form or something.

We have to remember that players aren’t robots . We don’t always know what little injuries they have, what’s going on in their private lives & in their heads . It’s a brutal game & some players have more peaks and troughs than others.

I haven’t given up on CD just yet .
Or as my horse trainer keeps reminding me , “ they are not machines “
Anyone that has played footy at any level knows how hard it is with any niggle to play to your best.
Unfortunately for CD his size means he needs to be 100% fit !

Shhhhhh you’re making too much sense.

Buckley got him good the other day when he said McRae got praised for making Sidebottom and Crisp the subs, why is this different? Blabbered about them being more out of form or something.
Buckley is a breath of fresh air, actually. It's much easier to criticise than it is to coach.

Bucks once said of the media: "They're purpose is to write the story, but some of them think they are the story".

Spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo reminds me of this guy with his oft rambling replies to simple questions.

tv show riddler GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back