Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well if the bloke that has carried this team for 2 years, along with Libba, believes in him, then it's hard not to run with it.

:think:Bont believes in him, Ralph reports that Naughts and English are happy to be here ..... Bailey Smith is resigned to having to stay ....

Do our sources think Bont believes in Bailey ...... ?
When did Ralph report that?

Have been told only Bevo and Lade will remain on the coaching staff and the rest will be shown the door that includes Matt Inness… we’re standing by Bevo as Bont believes in him and they’re just going to build a better structure around him..
Crippling additional expenditure on snacks aside, are we liking Stewie Dew? Is Stewie Dew liking us?

Jon Ralph was extremely confident that Baz would be at the Dogs next year. Naughton & English both happy where they are and Bailey Williams to sign a 3 year deal.

It’s seeming like we’re sticking with Bevo & Lade and trying to put a whole new fresh team around them. I’m not sure we’ll be having top line assistants lining up to work with Bevo though.

Last edited:
Have some faith you’d be surprised what a strong team around a great coach can do

Just look at our 2016 coaching staff to this years coaching staff.. if Bont believes in him then that’s enough for me
Keeping Grant? Jesus

And then not conducting an external review. Does the club not learn?

Jon Ralph was extremely confident that Baz would be at the Dogs next year. Naughton & English both happy where they are and Bailey Williams to sign a 3 year deal.

It’s seeming like we’re sticking with Bevo & Lade and trying to put a whole new fresh team around them. I’m not sure we’ll be having top like assistants lining up to work with Bevo though.
Your last sentence is the issue with this plan. Probably end up with some other rubbish and Beveridge still keeping control of everything

Have been told only Bevo and Lade will remain on the coaching staff and the rest will be shown the door that includes Matt Inness… we’re standing by Bevo as Bont believes in him and they’re just going to build a better structure around him..
Four years too late but it's what I've been asking for since 2018 so I'll shut up now.

If Bont believes in him.

I believe in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s seeming like we’re sticking with Bevo & Lade and trying to put a whole new fresh team around them. I’m not sure we’ll be having top line assistants lining up to work with Bevo though.
We’re also replacing what, 3 coaches in the one offseason and presumably don’t have anyone lined up yet…. Sounds like 2021 and look how they worked out for us, scraping the bottom of the barrel for who’s left - not sure why anyone good would come here.

Exciting times

If Bont still belives in him this really concerns me. Theres enough evidence that we need a new voice. Bont is loyal thats fine. But CG and AB need to take control. Enough is enough.

We’re also replacing what, 3 coaches in the one offseason and presumably don’t have anyone lined up yet…. Sounds like 2021 and look how they worked out for us, scraping the bottom of the barrel for who’s left - not sure why anyone good would come here.

Exciting times

We have coaches lined up

I’d love for us to line up our back 6 with any 3 of Jones, Darcy, Buss, JOD or even Khamis (if he stays around).

Unfortunately I don’t think Bevo will have the confidence to play 2 inexperienced key talls.

I love Bevo for what his done, but if he hangs around he needs to take the shackles off. Feel we played too safe playing brute defenders with terrible foot skills.
Completely agree with this. I think in the modern game you can only carry 1 player with below average foot skills (and they need to be elite at something else) and for us that is Jones. We were regularly carrying 3 players this year without good enough foot skills which was in turn asking too much of Dale.

I would add Williams to your list. He’s been ok on a wing but nothing compared to what he’s proven to be capable of in the backline. Sure he had a form slump and lost confidence but I’d rather try to get him back to where he can be a real asset, not just where he can be serviceable.

My preferred back 7:
1. Jones
2. JOD
3. Darcy/Buss/Williams
4. Williams/Cleary
5. Dale
6. Richards
7. JJ

Is there any talk still of the board being overthrown, this is an absolute pathetic stance the club has taken regarding Bevo and Grant if true.
Grant, Bevo, Darcy, Bains- the lot of them can get ****ed.

This is what has looked like happening the whole time tbh. All of the public comments and news tidbits have reflected this.

So we gonna change our game plan which is completely and utterly shit and outdated? I mean we’ve had 3 new line coaches over the past two seasons and it hasn’t changed, is another 3 new line coaches gonna make a difference? I’d be surprised.

We gonna keep playing shit campaigners and show zero selection integrity and reward good VFL form? That’s been evident for 6 years why would it change now?

Serious question…… what’s the point of putting new assistants under Bev when the man clearly refuses to take advice from anyone and runs his own race? Seems like we’re just shuffling the deck chairs on a sinking ship.

I hear you and that’s my fear also.

I have often considered is Bev the way he is because we have incompetent assistants around him and other people in the football department. If this is the case then Bev feels he needs to do everything and therefore everything falls apart.

Smiley Boy did use the term strong
I hope we get assistants that are strong in footy IQ, strong in tactical areas, strong in character and able to put their opinion across firmly but fair and are strong enough to devise a game plan in areas of defense, attack and how to move the ball.

Then Bev needs to be able to be an overseer and build on his strengths.

Wishful thinking probably

Remove this Banner Ad

Back