Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Leppitsch.

Keep an eye on in the coming months.

Exactly who we need. Would be stoked.

We need a bit of C**t in the head coach to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not sure you like how that looks tbh. Players are already potentially wanting to leave because they feel they're being hard done by. I'm all for a more assertive coach but going from one extreme to the other will have some teething problems imo.

Leppitsch is to tactics, what Bevo is to relationships.

Unfortunately Leppitsch is to relationships, what Bevo is to tactics.

Didn't he choke one of his own players once?
I remember the days of David Parkin handing the tactical responsibilities to Wayne Brittain whilst he managed the player relationships at Carlton.

Not sure you like how that looks tbh. Players are already potentially wanting to leave because they feel they're being hard done by. I'm all for a more assertive coach but going from one extreme to the other will have some teething problems imo.
Surely it'd be easier to find a soft cuddly assistant who focuses on relationships than it is to find one who is a great strategic mind.

Leppitsch is to tactics, what Bevo is to relationships.

Unfortunately Leppitsch is to relationships, what Bevo is to tactics.

Didn't he choke one of his own players once?
Leppitsch was an abject failure as Brisbane coach. There is nothing to suggest he would be good with us. Yes, he apparently grabbed a player around the neck and slammed him into the wall and was apparently despised by people at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leppitsch was an abject failure as Brisbane coach. There is nothing to suggest he would be good with us. Yes, he apparently grabbed a player around the neck and slammed him into the wall and was apparently despised by people at the club.
Brisbane rushed him into the role though much like they did with Voss. Leppitsch has a much more impressive resume now.

We need a bit of C**t in the head coach to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Choking players isn't a good thing. That's a weak man unable to control his aggression.

Want a real hard nut? We need another Eade. Good tactician and one who was not afraid to give his players a mouthing.

Last edited:
Brisbane rushed him into the role though much like they did with Voss. Leppitsch has a much more impressive resume now.
In his short time in the media you could tell he was way too switched on to be working for them

His breakdowns of what was happening and why were always excellent

Getting him into the club in any role would be a massive win

Say what you want about Bevo the coach, and I’ve had my say, but far out he’s an impressive man. The way he’s handling the heat this week is admirable. Reminds me how lucky we’ve been to have such a great figurehead for so long. I really hope he fights through it and proves me and many others wrong, even if I have my doubts.

I'm all for full clean out at this point. Board and KWW don't have the balls to do it.
There is absolutely nothing about a 3-5 record (and a percentage of well above 100%) that suggests board clean-out.

It's been disappointing (obviously so far) but we are at least no worse and if anything playing slightly better on field than what we were at the end of last year, or after R1 this year

If we were hammered by 10 goals by Hawthorn, people may have a point. We weren't.

There is absolutely nothing about a 3-5 record (and a percentage of well above 100%) that suggests board clean-out.

It's been disappointing (obviously so far) but we are at least no worse and if anything playing slightly better on field than what we were at the end of last year, or after R1 this year

If we were hammered by 10 goals by Hawthorn, people may have a point. We weren't.

It’s not about 3 -5 record it’s based on much more like giving a coach an extension which even surprised him.

Doing a review with a feather duster etc etc

That fittest strongest comment was day 1 of pre season wasn't it?
Being used way too much as ammunition rather than the numerous legitimate areas to target

Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke The Elder: “No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength.”

Mike Tyson: "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth..."

Public Enemy: "Dont believe the hype..."

Th current brouhaha around Beveridges tenure feels very much like the one that we saw at the end of last season. One driven by the fervent hopes and dreams of hot beds of club support like this place. And a media pack that has a need to generate talking points. Especially ones that prop up their faulty thinking that we are a top 4 side.

With the board rock solid behind him and a couple of influential players coming out in support of Beveridge over the past couple of days. Unless he walks, I just don't see a scenario where the club tips him out before the end of the season. Indeed I wouldn't be surprised if they back him through the remainder of his contract. Come what may.

Strap in boys and girls. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back