Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

i get how this has probably been inflicted on the club but it's a bit disappointing.

If the GDV have capacity issues then why can't they just be fair and turn away excess people instead of making up membership related exclusion criteria (which are probably done to accomodate the SMAs seating issues which are really issues about their patrons exiting the oval to spend coin elsewhere) and getting fans offside. The GDV should be attracting new supporters and oppo supporters, not excluding them.

That said, my opinion could be swayed by some sort of exclusive GDV key on a stainless steel ball-chain in next year's membership pack. :)

I'm waiting for the SMA to remove pass outs....

Unsure about how it works for the seated GA areas of the Riverbank and Eastern stands and the few bays of unreserved GA seats in the north eastern part of AO, but for us Essential Power/Platinum members who sit in the unreserved areas of the Western Stand, we can save our seats as long as we all have arrived at AO, gone to our seats, left something on each person's seat and then head off to the GDV - they have to allow this because some people will want to go to food and drink outlets within AO. What is not allowed is for say one or 2 people to arrive and try to save any extra seats for others who are arriving later - we have confirmed this with the nearby AO attendant/s.

In our case there are usually 6 of us and one of us (who doesn't drink alcohol at the footy) is happy to stay and mind our seats - we always arrive at AO just before the gates open (just so we can get our favourite seats in the front row of the upper deck of the Western Stand), go straight to our seats when the gates open, then speak in a friendly manner to the nearby AO attendant telling them that our group of 6 are all here, have got our seats (I point to them) and that one of us is staying to mind our seats (we leave something on each of the other 5 seats) while the rest of us go off for food and drink for about 3/4 of an hour - this has worked perfectly for us - even the kind member of our group who stays to mind our seats reports that not once has anyone got angry or tried to claim any of our seats - she said some have looked, seen that we've put something on each of our other 5 seats and then walked away - the nearby AO attendant/s who are mostly the same people each time and who we have gotten to know said they will keep an eye on our seats and speak to anyone who tries to hassle the one of our group who stays to mind our seats.

My group does the same, never had an issue. At times we have even all headed off pre-game for food / drinks / toilet with no issue.

This is another reason for me to get a reserved seat next year if possible. The extra money I spend on the ticket I would probably save by getting drinks and food in the GDV.
Plus more of my money goes to Port and the SMA will get none! The only thing is if I bring the kids over for any games it means I'll have to end up sitting in the GA section again:(.

This is another reason for me to get a reserved seat next year if possible. The extra money I spend on the ticket I would probably save by getting drinks and food in the GDV.
Plus more of my money goes to Port and the SMA will get none! The only thing is if I bring the kids over for any games it means I'll have to end up sitting in the GA section again:(.

I've got two reserved seats under cover at ground level in the Eastern Stand and one reserved seat in the Black Diamond section.
I rarely sit in the BD seat because I'm usually with someone else or my kids but on the odd occasion when it's a sell out, that seat comes in very handy.

I've got two reserved seats under cover at ground level in the Eastern Stand and one reserved seat in the Black Diamond section.
I rarely sit in the BD seat because I'm usually with someone else or my kids but on the odd occasion when it's a sell out, that seat comes in very handy.

Why are you hogging a seat from others?

well in the riverbank bank stand there isn't.

:confused:

I've sat in all kinds of places for footy games and cricket, and every food checkout area has piles of free s**t: salt, sauce, mustard, vinegar etc. with chicken salt along with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.... My group does the same, never had an issue. At times we have even all headed off pre-game for food / drinks / toilet with no issue.
Ditto.

Surely the SMA expecting people in unreserved seating to remain in their seats from 2 hours before the game until the end is not only unreasonable but costs them money.

I often get in early for a reasonable unreserved seat and then leave a jacket or scarf on the seat and head off to the GDV for a pre-game beer. Not had a problem yet.

I've sat in all kinds of places for footy games and cricket, and every food checkout area has piles of free s**t: salt, sauce, mustard, vinegar etc. with chicken salt along with it.
I haven't bought anything inside the oval this season but last season I bought chips before most games, usually about 30 minutes before the first bounce, from one of the outlets behind the Western Stand and only once was there any chicken salt left.

Not this season... Last season yes but this season "We dont have chicken salt any more"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back