Roast Garry Lyon's vendetta against Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmo mentioned in the presser on the w/e that NN is the best 1% player he has seen (or words to that effect). These things alone demand the 800K.

This. Nic Nat has got the X factor. You either have it or you don't, and players like these don't grow on trees. I mean, even when Nic Nat stuffs up, somehow, just somehow, the play usually ends up in our favour. You can't even make this s*** up.

This. Nic Nat has got the X factor. You either have it or you don't, and players like these don't grow on trees. I mean, even when Nic Nat stuffs up, somehow, just somehow, the play usually ends up in our favour. You can't even make this s*** up.

The Ian Botham of football

He does things that no other ruck man can do or has
done before. Sometimes 2 or 3 things in one passage of play.

Melbourne past players from that era have a chip on their shoulder about WC. I've noticed it about D Schwartz at times as well.

He does things that no other ruck man can do or has
done before. Sometimes 2 or 3 things in one passage of play.

Agreed. And his pressure on the ball is unreal. If he doesn't get the ball the first time, he will try again a second time, a third time, a fourth time etc all in succession until he does get it - he doesn't stand around sulking to the umpire for a free kick. No flopping, no whingeing, just hard at the ball.

Gary Lyon is a flog,

A coward, who didnt want to help his footy club when they needed him the most. Anything that comes out of his mouth is disregarded.
They asked Garry to coach when they sacked yet another coach and he said no . He is not an assistant coach or hasn't said he desired to coach . He probably has media contracts and commitments also . He doesn't have to drop everything and rearrange his life because MFC was a rabble . He does a lot more than most former player do .

You can't prove some people wrong with these type of things, they just twist reality until it agrees with them. It's always subjective.

He delivers, Lyon was right to question him at the time and can claim he fired him up.

He doesn't deliver, Lyon was just right to question him.

Funny how much he hates Naitanui considering the amount he masturbated over our previous high draft pick superstar C Judd.

He's not a journalist. Real journalists like Caro and Sheahan and Barrett have a code of ethics that they at least try to embrace. But a lot of blokes like Lyon carry on as if their high profile media status gives them the right to avoid having to conform to any notions of journalistic integrity. Even Eddie used to be a sports reporter. At least Eddie has the integrity to admit his own personal biases. Lyon is a Melbourne man. "No I'm not". "Yes I am". "No I'm not".
caro? code of ethics? ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He delivers, Lyon was right to question him at the time and can claim he fired him up.

He doesn't deliver, Lyon was just right to question him.

Funny how much he hates Naitanui considering the amount he masturbated over our previous high draft pick superstar C Judd.
Juddy was a Dees fan and had Lyon's number on his back growing up didn't he?

Will be interesting to see whether Hutcy raises it in FC tonight - try and get a rise out of him after he puts a BOG performance in the day after the article

You raised my curiosity, so I switched FC on for the first time in ages. What has happened to Hutchy? He's never been trim, but jesus christ, eat a salad man.

You raised my curiosity, so I switched FC on for the first time in ages. What has happened to Hutchy? He's never been trim, but jesus christ, eat a salad man.

I happened to swan in to the footy show a few weeks ago - he just holds himself like a sloth.

Slouched forward like a Neanderthal.

The worst thing is, he has gone from being an "investigative journo" to a bloke who now thinks he can add football expertise.

I happened to swan in to the footy show a few weeks ago - he just holds himself like a sloth.

Slouched forward like a Neanderthal.

The worst thing is, he has gone from being an "investigative journo" to a bloke who now thinks he can add football expertise.

He looks like The Penguin out of Batman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back