Gary Ablett vid

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a massive thanks to everyone who's seeding this. I'm downloading at about 17kb/s but the issue is that I can't have the computer on unless I'm sitting at the thing. So it's gonna be a long wait now boys!

iameviljez said:
Just a massive thanks to everyone who's seeding this. I'm downloading at about 17kb/s but the issue is that I can't have the computer on unless I'm sitting at the thing. So it's gonna be a long wait now boys!

Some sort of pedal powered computer?

Watched it this morning... Awesome highlights a lot of footage I'd never seen before!

That mark against Richmond at 10:08 into the vid is unbelievable!! Love it!

LongBomb said:
Some sort of pedal powered computer?
Nope. Live at home (damn you, university). **Technically** I shouldn't be downloading stuff on (ahem!) and perhaps more pointedly mine Parental unit is very wary on electronic stuff being left on overnight after a house fire a few years ago, before I came into existence. So yes, quite a few years ago.

Anticipated discussion:
"Hey, can I please leave the computer on all night?"
"Why?"
"Downloading vide... I mean... uhm... I just do!"

So yeh, I'm still stuck at 25%.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!!!!!!!

Just got back from Sydney and remembed this should have been up now.
Just about to download it.
Great work. Love torrents.
Will seed as long as possible.

Converted this to DVD, so I could make a copy for my brother, quality wasn't as good as when I connected the laptop to the TV, but it's still watchable :D

I watched the whole thing last night.

This video is nothing short of amazing. God, could the great man play the game.

Being only 23, i missed alot of his early career brilliance so it was fantastic to see Gary on his runs through the middle of the ground. I fully understand where Gary Junior gets his pace and awareness from.

Around the 27-28 minute mark, against Hawthorn he gathers the ball just prior to the centre square, take a few steps and launches the ball through the goal on the full.

The distance this guy generated with his kicks was amazing. He could kick 65-70m with ease, both feet. There were several goals where he snapped from 50m on the full.... Unbelievable.

Thanks again for the video LongBomb, I owe you a few beers at the footy!

Much thanks to LongBomb for the original file, plus to all the seeders. I started downloading last night before I went to bed and it was 33.4% done when I went to work this morning. Hoping it'll be done by tomorrow and I can burn to DVD. Very much looking forward to seeing this - I'm 22 years old and therefore missed a lot of Ablett's career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously it would need the permission of Longbomb Silvercat etc etc; but I think that as soon as we get enough seeders (people who have downloaded the lot, anyway) I think that we should advertise this torrent on the main board.

I think it would get a lot of interest, even from those who aren't Cats fans. I mean, for example, if someone released a torrent of the 1966 or 1970 GF, or footage of, say, (trying to think of someone similar to Gary but really there isn't) Coleman in his prime then I would snap it up like that.

It would also keep the torrent itself from dying for a while should any Geelong supporters be late on the torrent.

Of course there's the issue of whether the Great Man In Question would take offence to such a thing. I can't claim to know him but I suppose that we should share his gifts with the footballing world, especially those who were too young to ever really see him at his best, even in 1993.

As a mark of his brilliance, I really started following footy in 93 and I grew up thinking that a bag of six was a pretty ordinary day out for a FF. Amazing.

You don't need my permission mate - I just encoded the vid (very generously sent by silver cat) & posted the initial seed.

I posted it on aussietorrents a few days ago, but it might deserve a run on the main BF board.
Might want to check with Jim & AA first though.

jeez just watching the video again, at about the 37.40 mark of the video the goal he kicks against melbourne
does this look scarily similar to the goal GAJ kicked last week to anyone?

Hey, I downloaded it. Averaged about 100kb. Will keep on seeding for a few days... Got a cap on downloads/uploads so cant seed for too long...
Just wondering, does channel 7 own this footage? If it were broadcast in a pub or hotel would there be copyright issues?

So what year do we think this goes up to? Is it 91?

It is incredible footage. I had the biggest grin on my face watching that.
It's easy to forget just how amazing he was. Simply no one comes close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back