GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOODY HELL .... could get crowded at the top of the ladder in 2016, Thomson have a good draw and picking up quality as well.

INVERLEIGH has landed what may turn out to be the missing piece in its GDFL premiership puzzle by signing St Joseph’s star Paul Carson.

Carson, who kicked 82 goals in 19 games, and was named in the 2015 GFL Team of the Year, as Joeys snapped a 26-year premiership drought, will join the Hawks as a playing assistant coach.

BLOODY HELL .... could get crowded at the top of the ladder in 2016, Thomson have a good draw and picking up quality as well.

INVERLEIGH has landed what may turn out to be the missing piece in its GDFL premiership puzzle by signing St Joseph’s star Paul Carson.

Carson, who kicked 82 goals in 19 games, and was named in the 2015 GFL Team of the Year, as Joeys snapped a 26-year premiership drought, will join the Hawks as a playing assistant coach.
Put his name on the Whitley Medal

Massive pick up for inverleigh. If the Bourke brothers play too, no-one will get close to inverleigh.

Well done to inverleigh. I had heard inverleigh had lost some good players but this will cover them. Carson would demand a good pay cheque. Hopefully this may bring some quality into the comp at the moment the GDFL seem to be losing some good players.
You would be a brave man to write off BPH.

Inverleigh have been very quiet and then go bang. Well done to them. Looks as though them along with Thomson and Banno will be right up the pointy end. I think the run of BPH will come to an end. Finally. Also expect North to drop off a little bit. Add Belmont into the mix and it makes the top 5 extremely hard to predict this far out. Good for the league.
BPH will still be up there they were well ahead of the pack in 2015 and Stoofa is no idiot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice Carson is a playing assistant coach. Is there some sort of loophole with the salary cap that allows payment of playing coaches/assistants etc to be made partly outside the cap as payment for "coaching"? I'm not really sure how it all works.

All assistant coaching payments must go into the salary cap.

-Non playing coach no payment in the salary cap.
-Playing coach 1/2 in the salary cap
-Joint coaches. non playing not included playing coach 1/2 included
-2 joint playing coach (eg Thomson) all payments to one coach goes in the cap and 1/2 of the other playing coach goes into the cap.
I hope that makes sense.

I notice Carson is a playing assistant coach. Is there some sort of loophole with the salary cap that allows payment of playing coaches/assistants etc to be made partly outside the cap as payment for "coaching"? I'm not really sure how it all works.
Interesting to see what Dale Carson does? Will he follow brother Paul and deliver the Hawks premiership glory. Surely they will be chasing hard.

Well done to inverleigh. I had heard inverleigh had lost some good players but this will cover them. Carson would demand a good pay cheque. Hopefully this may bring some quality into the comp at the moment the GDFL seem to be losing some good players.
You would be a brave man to write off BPH.

Is nothing but good for the competition. Really might make this premiership most wide open it has been. Challenge is laid out for bph and north to keep their stranglehold on the comp. But i agree with paul carson and 'if' they got the bourkes thats alot of coin thrown around so would be a lot to use on 3 players. Especially when you throw it that they'd have to be chasing dale also. Have inverliegh lost anyone so far?

Is nothing but good for the competition. Really might make this premiership most wide open it has been. Challenge is laid out for bph and north to keep their stranglehold on the comp. But i agree with paul carson and 'if' they got the bourkes thats alot of coin thrown around so would be a lot to use on 3 players. Especially when you throw it that they'd have to be chasing dale also. Have inverliegh lost anyone so far?

I would suggest it's inverleighs biggest recruit since they re formed. It's not like inverleigh to spend lots of money as they play their kids but they haven't had colts for a couple of years.
I was told the seed boys are gone and a few boys have gone to the BFL i wasn't told who they are.

I would suggest it's inverleighs biggest recruit since they re formed. It's not like inverleigh to spend lots of money as they play their kids but they haven't had colts for a couple of years.
I was told the seed boys are gone and a few boys have gone to the BFL i wasn't told who they are.

Huge recruit. Carson makes up for the seed boys. Only player to make a big dent leaving would be huybens. Not that losing others wouldnt hurt. But he'd be nearly be irreplacable.

How can getting big name recruits, but not concentrating on having an Under 16's and Colts team be good for any team? It never works, and its just a quick fix to win a flag, that's all. It'll come back to bite them in a couple of years.

Inv
How can getting big name recruits, but not concentrating on having an Under 16's and Colts team be good for any team? It never works, and its just a quick fix to win a flag, that's all. It'll come back to bite them in a couple of years.
Inverleigh they have under 16s lost grandfinal they also starting a under 18s side this year

Inv

Inverleigh they have under 16s lost grandfinal they also starting a under 18s side this year
I hope they do get a Colts team, but where are they going to find twenty five 18 year old players from? That's how many that you need to field a team. They had a Div 4 Under 16's in 2015, but didn't make GF.

Would be very disappointing for centrals to have a past premiership player at an opposition club! If he has signed at Inver I assume it is for very big coin and centrals haven't ever been willing or able to pay big $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back